Fall 2021 Social & Personality PhD

aurorma

28 minutes ago, elesocial said:

Hi everyone! Has anyone heard from UVA? I didn’t hear anything yet and feels like all the invitations have sent out and I’m rejected. It’s my top choice and I saw on the result page that someone reached out to their POI and got their result that way. I wonder if it’s a good idea or not. 

didnt apply because from conversations last summer, AW might be the only one from UVA social whos gonna recruit. could be wrong, but wanna let ppl know

Edited by aurorma

8 hours ago, elesocial said:

Hi everyone! Has anyone heard from UVA? I didn’t hear anything yet and feels like all the invitations have sent out and I’m rejected. It’s my top choice and I saw on the result page that someone reached out to their POI and got their result that way. I wonder if it’s a good idea or not. 

I mean I think it is understandable to ask, as long as it is respectful. Also since this admissions season has been a bit unusual and as this is a time where things are more likely to change, it seems reasonable to me to ask if the decision has been delayed or if it has been made.

12 minutes ago, healthpsych123 said:

Anyone heard from UNC? Just saw someone posting on the results page that all invites have been sent out. :(

seems clinical invites should've been sent out by jan 15th, but for social it'll be in next few weeks? this poster wrote -> 

"I reached out to the admissions department regarding a timeline for social’s interview invites. They told me that interviews should start rolling out over the next couple weeks, although they did not have an exact deadline."

1 minute ago, aurorma said:

seems clinical invites should've been sent out by jan 15th, but for social it'll be in next few weeks? this poster wrote -> 

"I reached out to the admissions department regarding a timeline for social’s interview invites. They told me that interviews should start rolling out over the next couple weeks, although they did not have an exact deadline."

Oh great, thank you!!! Feel a little bit anxious as I saw this post (probably it only applies to Clinical psych):

"Thanks so much for reaching out. Unfortunately, at this point offers to interview at UNC-CH have gone out and we were not able to offer you an interview this year. I know this is disappointing but you should know that this was an unusually competitive year as we had a surge in the number of applicants. I wish you the best on your next steps." So apparently all offers to interview have been extended for UNC this year

Yale's interview dates are Jan 25/26. I did a prelim interview at Yale last week but never heard back. Since time is near, I think I'm probably rejected.

8 hours ago, Mobo8 said:

Have all Yale interview invites gone out?

I applied to NYU, but never heard anything from them. The Results page says all invites have gone out though ☹️

8 hours ago, AGold said:

Has anyone heard from NYU? 

Edited by brainbuster

Just wondering if anyone received formal interview invites for Univ of Michigan social psych? I see in Results section that many rejection emails are being sent out over days. Since I haven't heard any news from Michigan after submission, I am a bit unsure what to expect.

1 hour ago, brainbuster said:

Just wondering if anyone received formal interview invites for Univ of Michigan social psych? I see in Results section that many rejection emails are being sent out over days. Since I haven't heard any news from Michigan after submission, I am a bit unsure what to expect.

I got the generic rejection letter on 1/16. Maybe you could check your spam folder first as mine was there lol. If there was nothing, maybe you could contact the admissions office. Good luck to you!!

1 hour ago, psyched4socialpsych said:

Like everyone else today, just wondering about a few schools: UCLA, Northwestern, and UPenn! Has anyone heard back / Have interviews gone out? Thanks y'all!

I also applied to UCLA (health psych program). Haven't heard anything yet. :(

5 hours ago, Stumbling_My_Way_Through said:

I heard from UBC two days ago, and I have a preliminary interview with a professor set up.

Thanks for letting me know! Good luck to you!!

I'm probably rejected.

12 hours ago, psyched4socialpsych said:

Like everyone else today, just wondering about a few schools: UCLA, Northwestern, and UPenn! Has anyone heard back / Have interviews gone out? Thanks y'all!

I applied to UCLA but heard nothing from them..their webpage says the interview is on Feb 5th. Honestly couldn't be more anxious since UCLA is my top choice ?

7 minutes ago, brainbuster said:

Anyone heard fron U of Virginia social psychology? It seems the interview is Jan 29th, but I haven't got anything from UVA.

Literally was just looking at that, and I haven't gotten anything either :( 

Anyone hear from U Florida, UC Davis, UIllinois Urbana-Champaign, and/or UMass Amherst?

Wishing everyone all the luck in the world, and hope you all get into programs!!! ❤️ 

Edited by socialpsychnerd

10 minutes ago, Stumbling_My_Way_Through said:

I just got an interview from CUNY. It looks like they are still deciding who to ask for formal interviews, so the decision-making process is ongoing.

Congrats! Was it from BASP or from the critical sub program? Also was it a formal email from admissions/the dept or was it from a professor?

3 hours ago, socialpsychnerd said:

Literally was just looking at that, and I haven't gotten anything either :( 

Anyone hear from U Florida, UC Davis, UIllinois Urbana-Champaign, and/or UMass Amherst?

Wishing everyone all the luck in the world, and hope you all get into programs!!! ❤️ 

I zoom interviewed with PI form UMass Amherst two weeks ago and never heard back since then