GEM Fellowship 2021

disavowed_

2 hours ago, JJT said:

Has the GEM portal prompted you yet to send in a transcript or do you just mean when they get around to asking? So far the GEM University rep and I have signed the contract but it's missing the "GEM Executive" signature.

No, I mean I believe every full fellow was sent an email from GEM with instructions to send a professional photo and their official transcripts by May 1. That's what I was asking in regards to. 

On 4/12/2021 at 9:08 PM, parky190 said:

Just wanted to let you know that it looks like Lourdes is out of office until April 14 ?

Looks like it's going to be a close call. I'm going to call on Wednesday.

Hey! Were you able to get in contact with her? I still have yet to hear anything.

13 hours ago, pm2020 said:

Oh no, I'm so sorry. I hope everything works out elsewhere

Thanks! I have an offer from CMU so while I'm sad about Stanford - I really can't complain 

I hope it works out for you! I'm disappointed with Stanford taking so long to get back to us though - very unprofessional.

Edited by parky190

I have a question, 

if I have been accepted to school A and have been offered GEM Associate and the SIR/accept will them is today AND I accept to school B and I am waiting to hear back from them. Will accepting school A's admission effect my GEM status with school B?

Edited by ML Twin

51 minutes ago, ML Twin said:

I have a question, 

if I have been accepted to school A and have been offered GEM Associate and the SIR/accept will them is today AND I accept to school B and I am waiting to hear back from them. Will accepting school B's admission effect my GEM status with school A?

Definitely not advisable, but you should be able to since you don't have to inform GEM of your final decision until May 1.

2 hours ago, ML Twin said:

Nope, I have not heard from them. I think they will release their information by late april, according to their website.

Note that their website hasn’t been updated since Nov. 2019 which was kind of frustrating when trying to figure out info haha, it still says they only sponsor Full fellows but this year they’re doing University fellows as well

1 hour ago, JJT said:

Note that their website hasn’t been updated since Nov. 2019 which was kind of frustrating when trying to figure out info haha, it still says they only sponsor Full fellows but this year they’re doing University fellows as well

Around noon today I actually received a GEM Full fellowship offer from USC. I applied to the MS Applied Data Science program. 

29 minutes ago, DataSci said:

Around noon today I actually received a GEM Full fellowship offer from USC. I applied to the MS Applied Data Science program. 

Congrats!! I applied for MS CS for Scientists and Engineers. See you on campus!

3 minutes ago, JJT said:

Congrats!! I applied for MS CS for Scientists and Engineers. See you on campus!

Thank you and congrats to you as well :) If you'd like to keep in touch DM me and I'll share contact info. 

Edited by DataSci

14 hours ago, DataSci said:

I sent my transcripts 3 weeks ago and they have yet to be processed. Anybody else?

I sent mine in back in January/February and they still aren't processed, lol, so don't worry. They said they wouldn't start processing them until after the May 1 deadline

1 hour ago, parky190 said:

I sent mine in back in January/February and they still aren't processed, lol, so don't worry. They said they wouldn't start processing them until after the May 1 deadline

Oh alright I must’ve missed that thank you 

Has anyone else's universities had issues with sending the GEM contract in the portal? My University has been trying for weeks to get my contract to say full fellow in the portal but all they can issue is an associate fellow contract when I have an employer. Not sure what to do... the university has been in contact with GEM but the portal hasn't been fixed for me and its been several weeks. Any ideas of what to do as next week is the deadline

56 minutes ago, skye1497 said:

Does anyone know where to submit transcripts to? In my eGem it just says "Official Transcripts: Not received" but I can't seem to find anywhere to submit to? Thanks!

Yes so the website says the following information:

"Official transcripts are only required if selected for confirmation. When sending official transcripts, please mail the following address once an applicant has received confirmation of GEM Employer sponsorship as a potential GEM Fellow via email. We recommend that an official transcript be mailed POSTMARKED no later than March 31st. GEM also accepts secure official eTranscripts emailed from the institution at Fellowships@gemfellowship.org
The National GEM Consortium
1430 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314 "

I wouldn't worry about the March 31st date btw. I think as long as you send it before May 1st you are ok.

Edited by grad_738

11 minutes ago, grad_738 said:

Yes so the website says the following information:

"Official transcripts are only required if selected for confirmation. When sending official transcripts, please mail the following address once an applicant has received confirmation of GEM Employer sponsorship as a potential GEM Fellow via email. We recommend that an official transcript be mailed POSTMARKED no later than March 31st. GEM also accepts secure official eTranscripts emailed from the institution at Fellowships@gemfellowship.org
The National GEM Consortium
1430 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314 "

I wouldn't worry about the March 31st date btw. I think as long as you send it before May 1st you are ok.

Is this only for full fellows? I haven’t received anything regarding submitting a transcript (unless it was in one of those general emails a while ago) 

4 hours ago, JJT said:

Is this only for full fellows? I haven’t received anything regarding submitting a transcript (unless it was in one of those general emails a while ago) 

Im on the same boat, I did not receive a message or email about submitting my transcript. It seems more towards Full Fellow possibly because employers want verification? But does this mean we should submit either way?