HGSE 2021

1 minute ago, NYCTeach said:

Someone posted that they got it yesterday! 

Oh that... you are right. My hope is that maybe it's on a rolling basis. In that case, there is still hope for us. But guess what? I will call up a friend who's in the class of 2021 to find our how they got to know....let's be patient.... we shall be lucky

Just now, caxiatec said:

Oh that... you are right. My hope is that maybe it's on a rolling basis. In that case, there is still hope for us. But guess what? I will call up a friend who's in the class of 2021 to find our how they got to know....let's be patient.... we shall be lucky

Love the positivity! 

5 minutes ago, caxiatec said:

Let us know what info you find out! I'm hoping it's on a rolling basis so I still have a chance! I didn't consider that. I just assumed all the scholarship decisions went out at once. I hope I'm wrong!

2 minutes ago, cd99 said:

Let us know what info you find out! I'm hoping it's on a rolling basis so I still have a chance! I didn't consider that. I just assumed all the scholarship decisions went out at once. I hope I'm wrong!

So I've got the confirmation that all Urban Scholars applicants get notified when a decision is made: whether they were awarded or not. My friend in the class of 2021 confirmed this as well as a mail from the Finaid department, so we are on track.  Let's not lose hope until we receive a notification that we were accepted or not. Wishing each one the best!

19 minutes ago, caxiatec said:

So I've got the confirmation that all Urban Scholars applicants get notified when a decision is made: whether they were awarded or not. My friend in the class of 2021 confirmed this as well as a mail from the Finaid department, so we are on track.  Let's not lose hope until we receive a notification that we were accepted or not. Wishing each one the best!

Thanks for the intel!! 

4 hours ago, GradSchoolApplicant12 said:

Hi all! Just wondering if others accepted into the EPA program received a welcome phone call yesterday? (Monday) 

I was in the middle of work and had to cut the phone call short, but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss something important! Thanks ?

I didn't receive a call, but I did get an email! I also got into EPA, but I would love to connect! 

20 hours ago, GradSchoolApplicant12 said:

Hi all! Just wondering if others accepted into the EPA program received a welcome phone call yesterday? (Monday) 

I was in the middle of work and had to cut the phone call short, but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss something important! Thanks ?

I also got a call yesterday but it was just a friendly chit chat type of call to congratulate and an offer to answer any questions if I had any. I don't think you missed anything important!

On 3/17/2021 at 9:28 AM, cd99 said:

WOW CONGRATS! A full scholly? Amazing. Thank you so much for sharing. Do you think they have already notified all merit scholarship awardees? Hope to see you around Cambridge in the fall! 

It's pretty exciting! And happy to share. I have no idea, but I do hope for everyone that's waiting to hear that they're still reaching out and that everyone gets good news!

13 minutes ago, 202111 said:

Does accepting the admission make a higher chance of receiving the financial aid? 

I haven't replied to the yes or no decision and I'm worried if this makes any difference... 

I don't see how it could, because a lot of decisions unfortunately are based around the money aspect.

31 minutes ago, HiEdHopeful said:

Wow......really?

Yeah. Whoever this person is, they've been systematically downvoting every post I've ever had (and I hadn't accessed this site since 2017 lol). Far be it for me to not return dickery with dickery...

8 minutes ago, Anthony81 said:

HGSE Financial aid has been sent out. I got $19K for the year. Is that good?

What type of aid is it? If it is Federal Unsubsidized Loan then that is pretty good as the max is $20,500 for a school year 

Just now, emstaal said:

Even better! Congrats! 

Thank you so much. Learning all I can about this process and I wasn't sure if 19K in grant money was average or on the low/high end of what they offer in grant money. I would like about $7K more and not sure if its worth it to appeal.

7 hours ago, Anthony81 said:

Thank you so much. Learning all I can about this process and I wasn't sure if 19K in grant money was average or on the low/high end of what they offer in grant money. I would like about $7K more and not sure if its worth it to appeal.

I was offered the same amount and a 5k work/study! I don't think appealing would lead anywhere, especially since they're being very conservative with funding this year; but it never hurts to try!