Critical Language Scholarship 2021 Applicants

Umenohana

9 hours ago, socrytes said:

Based on the posts from last year, semi finalist notifications started rolling out on January 13th last year. Does anyone have any indication of when we expect to hear this year?

Almost definitely in the next couple days, I would say. Here's more:

Semifinalist notifications:

2020: Jan 13 (M)

2019: Jan 16 (W)

2018: Jan 16 (T)

2017: Jan 18 (W)

2016: Jan 28 (Th)

2015: Jan 13 (T)

Finalist notifications:

2020: Feb 27 (Th) (45 days later)

2019: Feb 28 (Th) (43 days later)

2018: Mar 1 (Th) (44 days later)

2017: Mar 7 (T) (28 days later)

2016: Mar 8 (T) (39 days later)

2015: Feb 26 (Th) (44 days later)

12 minutes ago, socrytes said:

I haven't received an email yet. Has anyone else? Have those who have received emails already been told they're advancing?

Oops my bad. I didn’t mean the just sent it, I meant whenever they do decide you just get an email. There’s no announcement of notification dates or anything

7 minutes ago, Ilovesoup1997 said:

Oops my bad. I didn’t mean the just sent it, I meant whenever they do decide you just get an email. There’s no announcement of notification dates or anything

Okay that makes more sense. That's good to know. Good luck, everyone!

Edited by socrytes

9 minutes ago, Mprichard11 said:

Also out of curiosity, what grades are all y’all. Cause im a freshmen and I heard they rarely get picked. But I’m also an advanced speaker so idk. 

I’m a junior and also an advanced speaker (even though I applied for intermediate just in case). 

I considered applying as a freshman, but literally everyone discouraged me lmao. I’m happy you did despite the stats! 

*advanced speaker of Korean

Edited by nessaragu
word

19 minutes ago, Mprichard11 said:

Also out of curiosity, what grades are all y’all. Cause im a freshmen and I heard they rarely get picked. But I’m also an advanced speaker so idk. 

I’m a graduate student and Returned Peace Corps Volunteer. If accepted as a finalist, I imagine I will be older than many members of the Chinese cohort. 

On 12/15/2020 at 6:14 PM, jujubea said:

Hello? Um... Did I get into Middlebury? The email contains a header graphic that says "Welcome to the Language School" but no where does it say "congratulations" or "you've been admitted" or anything like that ...? But the rest of the email is instructions on how to prepare for the school... 

@jujubea That's strange. Did you email Middlebury to confirm?