Harvard Kennedy MPP 2021

realist2020

4 hours ago, SavannahOohNaNa said:

I just received my Princeton SPIA MPA admission, I also have Yale Jackson (funding TBD) just-below-full-ride at SAIS. Although they have not come out yet, I'm not considering MSFS or SIPA. (just not my fits)

I really have a wide range of interests across security and development, and I'll have a really difficult time with my choice especially if I miraculously also get into Stanford MIP (which I don't think will happen). I have mixed thoughts about HKS MPP, as it's such a big programme and I think I would really enjoy close interaction with the faculty. But then, the simple size of the faculty would mean that there would always be a professor who does whatever I am interested in. Also, I would really enjoy the negotiation classes. Probably I will not be able to afford HKS MPP anyway but still...

How would you guys choose?

Congrats getting into these programs! I also got into UChicago Harris (50% scholarship), JHU SAIS (60% tuition scholarship approx) and Yale Jackson. 

Also waiting on Stanford MIP and HKS MPP.

I'm an MBA/MA or MBA/MPP joint degree applicant so where I get in for business school will be the primary factor in my decision before I decide on which MPP/MA programs pairing with the MBA program. 

Right now, I'm either for Yale SOM/Jackson, UChicago Booth/Harris, and Wharton/HKS (there is also Wharton/JHU SAIS but we'll see about that).

1 hour ago, GradSchoolGrad said:

Not sure your angle with tech policy, but no school has really figured out policy, With Chicago Harris, you'll at least have an awesome institutional and peer support that McCourt doesn't provide. McCourt might be in DC, but you would be going it alone. In the world gone digital, location matters less now. 

Agreed. I have a higher funding from Georgetown (50%) but maybe I'll leverage that with Chicago (20%) and wait for Harvard to respond.

3 minutes ago, Horizon94 said:

Agreed. I have a higher funding from Georgetown (50%) but maybe I'll leverage that with Chicago (20%) and wait for Harvard to respond.

I would try to leverage it with Chicago - but don't expect too much.

Georgetown is a fine choice, if you are okay with going it alone to pursue your career interests because as I mentioned previously, it isn't a community that values career.

32 minutes ago, GradSchoolGrad said:

I would try to leverage it with Chicago - but don't expect too much.

Georgetown is a fine choice, if you are okay with going it alone to pursue your career interests because as I mentioned previously, it isn't a community that values career.

Definitely food for thought. I'll also speak to more current students to understand the culture about all schools much better. Thanks for your time!

51 minutes ago, sd9000 said:

Got accepted into Berkeley Goldman MPP program last night! Really gave me some optimism for my HKS chances, especially considering Goldman is such a quant heavy program and my GRE quant score was not very impressive. We are almost there, guys! 

What was your quant score?

5 hours ago, wildchartermage said:

Congrats getting into these programs! I also got into UChicago Harris (50% scholarship), JHU SAIS (60% tuition scholarship approx) and Yale Jackson. 

Also waiting on Stanford MIP and HKS MPP.

I'm an MBA/MA or MBA/MPP joint degree applicant so where I get in for business school will be the primary factor in my decision before I decide on which MPP/MA programs pairing with the MBA program. 

Right now, I'm either for Yale SOM/Jackson, UChicago Booth/Harris, and Wharton/HKS (there is also Wharton/JHU SAIS but we'll see about that).

I'm in a similar boat--dual MBA / Policy candidate. Accepted to Chicago Harris MPP ($$) and interviewed R2 w/ Booth. Accepted to Columbia Business and SIPA (no $$ yet). Didn't get into HBS, but still hopeful for HKS. 

Any thoughts which way you're leaning? 

10 minutes ago, MBAPolicyGuy said:

I'm in a similar boat--dual MBA / Policy candidate. Accepted to Chicago Harris MPP ($$) and interviewed R2 w/ Booth. Accepted to Columbia Business and SIPA (no $$ yet). Didn't get into HBS, but still hopeful for HKS. 

I didn't get into HBS yet but also hopeful for HKS with scholarship.

It's hard for me to say which ones I want because it's dependent on funding and location. I could do Wharton/HKS, Wharton/Jackson, Booth/Harris, and Yale SOM/Jackson. I'm leaning towards Wharton/HKS though, but we'll see what is offered.

How about you?

2 hours ago, MBAPolicyGuy said:

My recommendation is to dual degree in the same University to maximize synergies. Otherwise, it will be as if you are going to school twice (with abbreviated requirements). That is just logistically painful and makes the grad school experience less beneficial (academically, networking, and etc.) 

3 minutes ago, Ramsis said:

Results are out. I checked my portal and it was there without email notification. I was rejected. Good luck to all those who were accepted. 

This is for HKS...? I see no change in my portal. Did anyone else get a status notification? 

4 hours ago, wildchartermage said:

I didn't get into HBS yet but also hopeful for HKS with scholarship.

It's hard for me to say which ones I want because it's dependent on funding and location. I could do Wharton/HKS, Wharton/Jackson, Booth/Harris, and Yale SOM/Jackson. I'm leaning towards Wharton/HKS though, but we'll see what is offered.

How about you?

Does yale allow you to do Jackson/Wharton? Only info I have found says Jackson/SOM for MBA. Anyone have a link to other pairings?

1 hour ago, Me213 said:

Does yale allow you to do Jackson/Wharton? Only info I have found says Jackson/SOM for MBA. Anyone have a link to other pairings?

Yep, Jackson/Wharton is possible - just need Wharton's approval and must start at Jackson first. Jackson can pair with any other business school outside of SOM. It's just really up to the business school to approve the concurrent/joint/dual degree. This is based on my conversation with another admitted Jackson applicant who had a chat with Asha about this situation.

8 hours ago, sd9000 said:

Got accepted into Berkeley Goldman MPP program last night! Really gave me some optimism for my HKS chances, especially considering Goldman is such a quant heavy program and my GRE quant score was not very impressive. We are almost there, guys! 

Congrats! Were GRE’s optional for Berkeley like they were for HKS? Curious how GRE scores are being taken into consideration when not all candidates are submitting them. 

1 hour ago, haroldhar said:

Received the magazine in the mail today.

MC/MPA applicant located in Canada. My last name begins with "L".  

hi, did you apply for PEPG or got an email from them?

5 minutes ago, haroldhar said:

No- did not apply for the PEPG

was wondering if you got an email from them to apply? in the beginning of this thread we were a little curious if everyone was reached out!