Harvard Kennedy MPP 2021

realist2020

16 minutes ago, MBAngineer said:

Same here! ? I am in Boston and no magazine so far ? 

Smaller city on U.S. East Coast, no magazine! And in re: the other discussion, I also got an invite to apply for the PEPG fellowship and my interest is very far from education policy, so I second that it probably went out to everyone

18 minutes ago, mppaspiring said:

Smaller city on U.S. East Coast, no magazine! And in re: the other discussion, I also got an invite to apply for the PEPG fellowship and my interest is very far from education policy, so I second that it probably went out to everyone

aw good luck w/ the magazine — about PEPG: okay I think at this point only God and Admissions know who’s getting in!

any idea of blog has in the past remained inactive about admissions around this time?

1 hour ago, midcmpa21 said:

aw good luck w/ the magazine — about PEPG: okay I think at this point only God and Admissions know who’s getting in!

any idea of blog has in the past remained inactive about admissions around this time?

That's the weird part - they have always been VERY active throughout Feb and March in past years. Check out the archived posts from March 2020 in the blog itself. In their defense, those are super helpful and apply this year as well so probably not efficient for them to repeat the same info. Long story short, during this time they're usually working to publish results in the third or fourth week of March and they don't seem to know exactly when until closer to the release date. They also emphasize that the blog is the only place to check for decision release updates, and that they'll post there once decisions are published. 

Hey so guys I applied to MPP, and I think my overall application was strong. However, I didn't apply to any fellowships. I completed the general financial aid application but not any specific fellowships. Will this negatively impact me? I thought financial aid fellowships and admissions committees were completely separate. Pretty worried that I should've done an essay for at least one fellowship. What do you guys think.

Similar question as @MPPHopeful12: I applied to MPP too as a joint degree candidate, having already gotten into a partner MBA program. I plan to start in the MBA first, so I did not apply for any financial aid this year since apparently you should only apply for financial aid and fellowships for the upcoming year (please tell me I'm right on that). Would this effect my MPP application negatively?

2 hours ago, MPPHopeful12 said:

Hey so guys I applied to MPP, and I think my overall application was strong. However, I didn't apply to any fellowships. I completed the general financial aid application but not any specific fellowships. Will this negatively impact me? I thought financial aid fellowships and admissions committees were completely separate. Pretty worried that I should've done an essay for at least one fellowship. What do you guys think.

Shouldn't impact you. They're separate.

1 hour ago, sup5505 said:

Similar question as @MPPHopeful12: I applied to MPP too as a joint degree candidate, having already gotten into a partner MBA program. I plan to start in the MBA first, so I did not apply for any financial aid this year since apparently you should only apply for financial aid and fellowships for the upcoming year (please tell me I'm right on that). Would this effect my MPP application negatively?

thats awesome! didn't know you could do that through HKS. What MBA program are you doing?

2 hours ago, sup5505 said:

Also a Dual Degree applicant. As I understood you could apply for fin aid both this year and next and choose which year you would want to attend, but the awards would be non-transferrable so it might affect your decision to start at an MBA first.

4 hours ago, MPPHopeful12 said:

I wouldn't worry. They have mentioned many times that it is separate. I don't know how the admission process and the financial aid process interact in the end - but I am fairly certain that you won't be at a disadvantage because you didn't apply for fellowships.

I was very excited to receive the PEPG acknowledgement mail as it was written material received and accepted?, now I feel that it might have been sent to all PEPG applicants. From earlier years' mails seen that there is one myfaid email too to be expected around this time. Anybody received it?. didnt receive JJ/WBGSP preliminary form also?

Hi guys, has anyone received their Public Service Fellowship interview invite yet? That was the only fellowship I applied for but haven't heard anything yet.

Edited by MPAspire

2 hours ago, MPAspire said:

Hi guys, has anyone received their Public Service Fellowship interview invite yet? That was the only fellowship I applied for but haven't heard anything yet.

do they send an email!? I mean do they hold interviews as well?

Just now, midcmpa21 said:

do they send an email!? I mean do they hold interviews as well?

I thought they did! I could definitely be wrong though :)

Just now, MPAspire said:

I thought they did! I could definitely be wrong though :)

if I remember correctly I didn’t come across the interview info on public service header but well I’m not sure!

can’t wait to see a decision related post on the blog!

I have sort of been avoiding this forum because it makes me a little nervous, so this is actually my first look at what's going on over here. I just laughed out loud when I saw that others are talking about this magazine!!! I texted a photo of it to my friend yesterday when I received it -- "Think this is a good sign?"  Who knows. I will say that I actually applied to HKS 2 years ago and never got this magazine. Could just be a new offering? I don't want to read into it but I wish I could!!

FWIW, I also got the email about the educational fellowship and am not interested in education policy nor made any reference to it in my application. 

Should be any day now -- good luck, everyone!!

34 minutes ago, sd9000 said:

Interview went well for my CPL fellowship. Absolutely dying and overanalyzing the admissions implications. Being a finalist for a CPL fellowship has to be a good sign for admissions...right????

I'm in the same boat! Seriously, it's hard to tell how independent the two processes are.

Being invited for interviews is generally a good sign — at least your application is considered strong enough by the relevant committees. However, I don’t think being a finalist itself would in any way influence the admissions committee’s decision, since fellowships & admissions are considered separately.

As for the HKS Magazine, I wouldn’t read too much into it. If there’s any pattern or correlation between receipt of the magazine & acceptance, I think someone would’ve already figured it out by now :))

Edited by izzywho
Add info

On 3/3/2021 at 12:35 AM, EscapingBrexit said:

What was it like? Congratulations! It sounds like a really positive experience - and regardless of whether you get it, it is something to remember!

Definitely a positive experience. I loved that they included an alumna who'd had the Fellowship. Fingers crossed for all of us who are awaiting admissions and scholarship decisions!

7 minutes ago, InternationalStudent said:

Almost had a heart attack when I got an email from HKS, but it was just instructions on how to login to the Financial Aid portal. 

I wonder if this is a sign that decisions are coming soon? 

Same, ha.  Why have all of us create accounts when so many may be useless? Very strange. 

Last year the Financial Aid email we all just received came out on the 27th of Feb.

The results were released on the 19th of March. 

There are usually a series of blog posts that come out when they are getting close, too. 

I think we have a while to wait yet, folks! 

Just now, EscapingBrexit said:

Last year the Financial Aid email we all just received came out on the 27th of Feb.

The results were released on the 19th of March. 

There are usually a series of blog posts that come out when they are getting close, too. 

I think we have a while to wait yet, folks! 

Can't be THAT much longer -- deposits are due 4/15, right? Haha :)