Harvard Kennedy MPP 2021

realist2020

I have a question for people who have applied to other MPP programs. I only applied to HKS because I never really considered going back to school (I already have another Master’s degree), but when I started looking into HKS it seemed like a perfect fit. And now … I feel like an MPP is the right next step for me. Hopefully, I get in, but with this year’s crazy competitive admission process you never know. 
So I'd love to know what other schools people whose first or second choice is the HKS MPP are considering or feel have some similarities with what HKS has to offer? 

Hi all! I have been following this forum for a while but it is my first time posting. I wanted to share I got an email yesterday with an interview invite for the CPL Gleistman Fellowship!! I also did my interview for the Belfer Center Fellowship this week. Wondering if being a finalist for these fellowships actually helps with the MPP application -- I know they are separate, but you never know!
On another note, has anyone heard back from the Bacon Fellowship?

Edited by intlapplicant

On 2/25/2021 at 5:51 PM, mpp_app2021 said:

I have a question for people who have applied to other MPP programs. I only applied to HKS because I never really considered going back to school (I already have another Master’s degree), but when I started looking into HKS it seemed like a perfect fit. And now … I feel like an MPP is the right next step for me. Hopefully, I get in, but with this year’s crazy competitive admission process you never know. 
So I'd love to know what other schools people whose first or second choice is the HKS MPP are considering or feel have some similarities with what HKS has to offer? 

I only applied to HKS and UChicago Harris! They both offer substantial quantitative coursework, plenty of opportunities for student research, and great access to impressive professors/guest lecturers. I also feel strongly about being in a major US city. I already got in to Harris but crossing my fingers for the Kennedy School :)

4 hours ago, sourskittles said:

I only applied to HKS and UChicago Harris! They both offer substantial quantitative coursework, plenty of opportunities for student research, and great access to impressive professors/guest lecturers. I also feel strongly about being in a major US city. I already got in to Harris but crossing my fingers for the Kennedy School :)

Thanks for the input and congrats on Harris!

Fingers crossed for HKS :) 

11 minutes ago, LAMPP said:

Hi All - applied to the Gleitsman Fellowship, still haven't heard anything about an interview. Has anyone else heard back? Either with a reject or invite for interview?

I believe they don't inform if you haven't been selected. Speaking from last year's experience. 

Just now, haroldhar said:

Are there interviews for the Public Service Fellowships? 

No, I don't believe so. It's only for the CPL fellowships. You get to know about PSF result either on the day of the HKS result/few days after that.

6 minutes ago, AnoIchi said:

Does anyone have any clue when the results are coming out? As in, some tentative dates.

I think Thursday, march 25th. One week later than what it was last year (Thursday, March 19). They said "late March", which likely means week of the 22nd. I wish they'd provide a little more transparency on what's going on behind the scenes 

9 minutes ago, sup5505 said:

I think Thursday, march 25th. One week later than what it was last year (Thursday, March 19). They said "late March", which likely means week of the 22nd. I wish they'd provide a little more transparency on what's going on behind the scenes 

Thanks! This is pretty late. In fact, going by last 4-5 years data, this is very late. 

Just now, AnoIchi said:

Thanks! This is pretty late. In fact, going by last 4-5 years data, this is very late. 

It is, its getting so hard to wait!! But they did note record high number of applications this year, plus deadline to submit was also 4-5 days later than usual this year.