Harvard Kennedy MPP 2021

realist2020

23 hours ago, StudentUSA said:

can you appeal the decision? I've made some significant progress in my career since the submission of my application. Should i send an email to update them on that? (I know the official answer is no but any comments?)

I looked into this bc of similar circumstances. HKS explicitly says not to send them updates to your application. Something about the application load being too great for them to be able to individually update applications after the deadline. I thought about sending anyway but ultimately decided against it. This was a major bummer for me, as I had sort of anticipated that these developments - which were already pending in early December - would provide a timely boost to my application. I also think that the post-deadline application update can actually do more for your profile than simply including the development in your resume/CV in the first place. Anyway... no such luck.

2 hours ago, KcNc2019 said:

Any updates on the mystery of the HKS Magazine?  I received mine in the mail today.  I'm in Texas.  Is this going out to all applicants? 

So confused by this and slightly worried about not having received it yet. Did applicants to the MPP/MPA programs receive it last year as well?

15 minutes ago, sup5505 said:

So confused by this and slightly worried about not having received it yet. Did applicants to the MPP/MPA programs receive it last year as well?

I got the magazine today and I am out in Seattle. Also got an invite to interview for the Belfer fellowship so that gave me hope. I thought they might be done interviewing for fellowships already but it seems they are still working through them!

3 hours ago, KcNc2019 said:

Any updates on the mystery of the HKS Magazine?  I received mine in the mail today.  I'm in Texas.  Is this going out to all applicants? 

@KcNc2019did you apply for financial aid/interview for a fellowship as well? I wonder if its only going out to applicants who applied to/interview for specific fellowships....

48 minutes ago, habiba2121 said:

I got the magazine today and I am out in Seattle. Also got an invite to interview for the Belfer fellowship so that gave me hope. I thought they might be done interviewing for fellowships already but it seems they are still working through them!

congratulations on receiving the mag and invite — I’ll definitely take it as a positive sign!

when is your interview?

47 minutes ago, hks2021 said:

Anyone know what day decisions are usually released?

It's been on Thursdays for the last three years (2018,2019, and 2020...yes, I checked *facepalm*). It might be Thursday the 25th this year, so just about 2 weeks from now!!!

Edited by sup5505

I am an international MPP applicant but graduated from an American uni. I received that magazine too but did not think much of it. I did not receive any interview invite since I didn’t apply for any fellowship or financial reward. That being said, this Monday, I received an email from HKS addressing directly to me  (“MYFAID Financial Aid Portal Login Info”) that asked me to activate and familiarize myself with my MYFAID account.

However, at the end of the email, there was a disclaimer in red italics, saying that the receipt of this email shouldn’t be construed as providing any info on my likelihood of admission. I just think it’s crazy HKS wants you to “activate and familiarize” myself with my financial account for easy access to my financial assistance information, before the decision is released.

Wondering if anyone else got this email? And whether this is sent out to everyone?

19 minutes ago, 123EFBY said:

I am an international MPP applicant but graduated from an American uni. I received that magazine too but did not think much of it. I did not receive any interview invite since I didn’t apply for any fellowship or financial reward. That being said, this Monday, I received an email from HKS addressing directly to me  (“MYFAID Financial Aid Portal Login Info”) that asked me to activate and familiarize myself with my MYFAID account.

However, at the end of the email, there was a disclaimer in red italics, saying that the receipt of this email shouldn’t be construed as providing any info on my likelihood of admission. I just think it’s crazy HKS wants you to “activate and familiarize” myself with my financial account for easy access to my financial assistance information, before the decision is released.

Wondering if anyone else got this email? And whether this is sent out to everyone?

Discussed a few pages back but everyone gets the email! Unsure about the magazine, but right now it seems best not to assume anything.

Re. the magazine: it seems entirely far fetched that HKS would choose to send magazines only to accepted students ... 

If true, wouldn’t this constitute a notification (even if it’s only apparent after the fact)?  This is also assuming they had even made decisions by the time magazines were first sent out. 

Just my two cents 

17 hours ago, nkrish21 said:

no interview call, no magazine... just waiting it out all the way in India. Do all fellowships have an associated interview?

I don’t think so!

I know for a fact there were some fellowships that didn’t require an interview!