MFA 2021 Freak Out Forum

SocialKonstruct

2 hours ago, Dgzrlemc said:

I have been lurking on here for a while but just thought I’d let everyone know SAIC painting interview requests are going out now, just got an email! 

Did anyone apply to university of Arkansas? I also have an interview with them on Friday for ceramics. 

Good luck everyone!! 

Oh no..... I also applied for SAIC painting, just checked my email, nothing from them.

Then I guessed i have been rejected...

sad......

9 minutes ago, Popopopo said:

Oh no..... I also applied for SAIC painting, just checked my email, nothing from them.

Then I guessed i have been rejected...

sad......

They don't always send all of the interview requests out at the same time. I would wait a couple of days before calling it a rejection. Best of luck to you, though! 

Best of luck to everyone else too!

So far I've applied to UC Davis, UCLA, and USC Roski, with a painting and drawing focus, but I do sculpture too.

I got an email from Davis today saying they refunded my application fee. I almost had a heart attack thinking my application was canceled somehow, but kept reading and it said that it was because I was eligible for a fee waiver after all, thank goodness. ? Last year I got an interview request from them on Jan 27th, though, so I'm anxiously checking my emails. 

I'm almost finished with SF State, CSULA, and Mills apps, and then I think I'm calling it for this round and just keeping it to California schools probably. 

Does anyone have tips on what kind of questions are good to pose to interview committees? I know it's always best to ask them something when given the opportunity, but I tend to blank and worry I'm asking something that could be found online or makes it seem like I didn't research the school enough by asking it. 

Has anyone received interview invitation from the Graphic design(Communication design) programs?

I've applied SVA, Pratt, Risd, Artcenter, SAIC, MICA and SCAD 

continuously clicking refresh.. staring at my poor inbox ?

Edited by tissue says yes

25 minutes ago, Thursdayhasnofeel said:

Anything back from Yale or VCU?

I was wondering about VCU myself, and I checked the application page and it looks like the deadline was pushed back to February 1st for most programs. (It was January 15th originally, right??) So looks like it'll be a bit longer. 

February 1, fall entry only
MAE in Art Education
PhD in Education, Art Education concentration
MA in Art History (Historical Studies, Museum Studies)
MFA in Fine Arts (Ceramics, Fiber, Furniture Design, Glassworking, Jewelry/Metalworking, Kinetic Imaging, Painting, Printmaking, Photography and Film, Sculpture)
MFA in Design (Visual Communications)

22 hours ago, Strawberrycat said:

Best of luck to everyone else too!

So far I've applied to UC Davis, UCLA, and USC Roski, with a painting and drawing focus, but I do sculpture too.

I got an email from Davis today saying they refunded my application fee. I almost had a heart attack thinking my application was canceled somehow, but kept reading and it said that it was because I was eligible for a fee waiver after all, thank goodness. ? Last year I got an interview request from them on Jan 27th, though, so I'm anxiously checking my emails. 

I'm almost finished with SF State, CSULA, and Mills apps, and then I think I'm calling it for this round and just keeping it to California schools probably. 

Does anyone have tips on what kind of questions are good to pose to interview committees? I know it's always best to ask them something when given the opportunity, but I tend to blank and worry I'm asking something that could be found online or makes it seem like I didn't research the school enough by asking it. 

Good luck! Please let me know if and when you guys hear from UC Davis! It’s one of my top choices. As well as U of Oregon or U Irvine. I was notified of rejection from UCSD this past Saturday, but my work (figurative painting) would not have been a very good fit bc they seem very conceptual leaning.  

Am I the only one who applied to U of Hawaii? Hehe it is not ranked high but the environment and strong Asian studies program would greatly inform my research.

7 minutes ago, BrownBunny87 said:

Good luck! Please let me know if and when you guys hear from UC Davis! It’s one of my top choices. As well as U of Oregon or U Irvine. I was notified of rejection from UCSD this past Saturday, but my work (figurative painting) would not have been a very good fit bc they seem very conceptual leaning.  

Am I the only one who applied to U of Hawaii? Hehe it is not ranked high but the environment and strong Asian studies program would greatly inform my research.

How were you notified of your rejection from UCSD? I also applied there but haven't heard anything at all yet. Wondering if maybe rejection letters went out before interview requests. I also applied to U Irvine 

Just now, XSX said:

How were you notified of your rejection from UCSD? I also applied there but haven't heard anything at all yet. Wondering if maybe rejection letters went out before interview requests. I also applied to U Irvine 

Just an email saying that an update has been made to my application, which linked to the rejection letter. Good luck!

1 minute ago, BrownBunny87 said:

Thank you! I'll post here when I hear anything! It's one of my top choices too and I do some figurative work as well. (I'd love to see your work if you'd wanna share and have a website or insta!) Ahhh I skipped applying to UCSD and UC Berkeley for that reason. Fit like that really makes all the difference, it seems. I hope you get good news from everywhere else and find a great place to be soon!