MFA 2021 Freak Out Forum

SocialKonstruct

On 10/7/2020 at 9:04 AM, theundoing said:

Yale and UT Austin both are accepting smaller cohorts. 

I think people are applying? I am. I know that Rutgers is suspending admissions and I have heard that Bard will be accepting a smaller cohort but I haven't heard of any other suspensions. 

For some reason when I google searched "MFA freakout forum 2021" only the 2020 forum appeared. So maybe that is why? It is super strange though. Last year at this this time the freakout forum was very active !

I am applying to:

Bard

Hunter

Yale

UCLA

all in painting

@SocialKonstruct where are you thinking of applying for 2022?

9 minutes ago, Popopopo said:

Does anyone get painting interview invitation from SAIC or UCLA?

i started to lose my hope?

Not yet. But I think UCLA usually calls for the interview around the middle of February. And this time, they will choose only 2 students for the painting program because of the pandemic. I don't know about SAIC sorry.

Edited by Sofullsofull

4 minutes ago, BrownBunny87 said:

I read UCLA doesn’t do interviews, they straight up let you in or reject you. I applied last year, the rejection email comes out in March.

I also read 2019 Freak out forum.

"Very late last night I received two painting interview request from two different painting faculty at UCLA lol! I'm unsure if the two interview request is a mistake on UCLA part, their admission process is so obscure--who knows!" 

But I am not sure. I guess that interview is just a process.

12 minutes ago, Sofullsofull said:

Not yet. But I think UCLA usually calls for the interview around the middle of February. And this time, they will choose only 2 students for the painting program because of the pandemic. I don't know about SAIC sorry.

Only 2...... Their admission rate is even lower than Yale... 

Then I guess my chance is slim to none

Edited by Popopopo

10 minutes ago, BrownBunny87 said:

I read UCLA doesn’t do interviews, they straight up let you in or reject you. I applied last year, the rejection email comes out in March.

Thank you!

Their process is kind of obscure...... UCLA rank No.1 of the MFA program in the US, with so many people applying, the number of admissions is so thin...

Hope you can get offers from your dream school

1 hour ago, Popopopo said:

Thank you!

Their process is kind of obscure...... UCLA rank No.1 of the MFA program in the US, with so many people applying, the number of admissions is so thin...

Hope you can get offers from your dream school

I really appreciate that, thank you. ^THAT is the type of energy we should be seeing on this forum; circumstances are hard enough as it is and this community should be a space of support. I recently  had to quit my soul crushing 9-5 job because of workplace safety during this pandemic, and admission to any of the programs I applied to will determine the path my family and I take in terms of my career and relocation. 

I wish you all of the best of luck in your education and art practice!!

i'm excited to start seeing people hear back from schools!! also very glad to have found this forum where I can freak out with other people lol

i'm a fiber artist, currently applied to berkeley, u of oregon, u of michigan, indiana u bloomington, kent state, and uic!

24 minutes ago, graciej said:

i'm excited to start seeing people hear back from schools!! also very glad to have found this forum where I can freak out with other people lol

i'm a fiber artist, currently applied to berkeley, u of oregon, u of michigan, indiana u bloomington, kent state, and uic!

So many fiber artists this year, I’m so happy to see some others lol, I didn’t see any on the forum last year.

I also applied to Oregon & Indiana, fingers crossed for both of us! 

Anyone heard anything back from any of these programs? Still nothing over here!

Art Center - Art

Bard - Sculpture

CalArts - Art 

CalArts - Art + Tech

CCA - Art

Columbia - Art

RISD - Sculpture

VCU - Sculpture

UCLA - Art

Yale - Sculpture

Hey guys,

Have been reading this forum for a few months and not stated schools, but there were other sculpture applicants asking today so these are mine: 

Yale- Sculpture 

RISD- Sculpture 

MICA- Mount Royal Interdisciplinary 

Tulane- Studio Art

UT Austin- Studio Art/Sculpture 

Haven't heard anything back yet!! Good luck to all ?❤️ 

1 hour ago, aniben3 said:

So many fiber artists this year, I’m so happy to see some others lol, I didn’t see any on the forum last year.

I also applied to Oregon & Indiana, fingers crossed for both of us! 

ah so exciting!! i would love to see your work! its so nice to run into other fiber artists, its such a good community 

2 minutes ago, aniben3 said:

Yes, it really is! My website is here, I would love to see yours as well! Do you have a website or insta? 

I love your comfort objects series!! Such beautiful hand work. I’m a quilter too! I’ll dm you my insta handle 

I have been lurking on here for a while but just thought I’d let everyone know SAIC painting interview requests are going out now, just got an email! 

Did anyone apply to university of Arkansas? I also have an interview with them on Friday for ceramics. 

Good luck everyone!!