NSERC PGS D 2021-2022

MarleyBarley

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, abdelrahmanayad said:

I emailed NSERC today and here is their reply:

"Hello,

They are expected to be released in April. Unfortunately that is all the information I have at this time.

Sincerely,"

I would guess we'll have to wait another 3-4 weeks. Oh well..

I wish at least they can specify beginning, mid or end of april. Once april 1st hits, i will be wondering everyday when the results will be released ~~~ 

2 hours ago, CharB said:

Shout out to NSERC for sending a survey at this point in the year... My heart skipped seeing an email from them in my inbox.

hahaha what was the survey about, about whether their result date is ambiguous? >.< 

Hi, I have noticed that my NSERC portal has updated in the 11th february. I guess that was the competition week for final round. Perhaps, in that case we will have our result on time around in mid April. How about others regarding the latest date to update your portal? You can check in the bottom of your application page of NSERC application that you have submitted.  image.png.eb344b77c4eac646c78c0ffa2ed3375e.png

2 hours ago, Darshana Upadhyay said:

Hi, I have noticed that my NSERC portal has updated in the 11th february. I guess that was the competition week for final round. Perhaps, in that case we will have our result on time around in mid April. How about others regarding the latest date to update your portal? You can check in the bottom of your application page of NSERC application that you have submitted.  image.png.eb344b77c4eac646c78c0ffa2ed3375e.png

>.< i think this is just a webpage update... it was displaying the same for mine too. they have a modifed time stamp on their webpages. 

1 hour ago, orapronobis said:

I thought last year it was delayed due to Covid, so hopefully we get it back sooner?

I really hope so. They're releasing this year's masters awards on April 1st, so maybe that's a good indication.
Does anyone know when did they release last year masters awards? Is there any correlation between the announcement date of the two?

As of today, my school (Carleton) is still saying that we 'should' know by the end of March but who really knows. I assume we would have received some sort of update from NSERC by now, if that were the case. 

1 hour ago, abdelrahmanayad said:

I really hope so. They're releasing this year's masters awards on April 1st, so maybe that's a good indication.
Does anyone know when did they release last year masters awards? Is there any correlation between the announcement date of the two?

From the responses in this thread, CGS-M 2020 was released on april 15th ?

1 hour ago, MarleyBarley said:

From the responses in this thread, CGS-M 2020 was released on april 15th ?

That's a good sign! I guess it means the delay last year due to COVID-19 is not affecting these year's results for the CGS-M, and, hopefully, for the CGS-D as well :)

This page gives a pretty clear timeline for the notification of the CGS-D/PGS-D results: https://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Students-Etudiants/StudentDeadlines-EtudiantDatelimites_eng.asp

If you take the external application deadline (Monday, October 19, 2020) and add 23 weeks, that's exactly today, Monday, March 29, 2021. I assume that the results for internal applicants are announced around the same time.

1 hour ago, MarleyBarley said:

I just dont know why its so hard to give a fixed date like they did for CGS-M... :(

I could be wrong, but isn't CGS-M decided in-house (i.e. by the university itself)?

3 hours ago, Pouty_Scouty said:

Received this response from NSERC today:

"Hello,

All applicants will be e-mailed once the results have been finalized. Usually this happens mid to end of April."

End of April?! Aye yai yai..

I assume you are talking about PGS-D/CGS-D, right?

It's very strange why they would even publish a timeline if they are at least 2 weeks late anyway...

38 minutes ago, aenzenh said:

I assume you are talking about PGS-D/CGS-D, right?

It's very strange why they would even publish a timeline if they are at least 2 weeks late anyway...

Yes, this was in response to the PGS-D/CGS-D competition. I agree, it seems odd that they provide a timeline but don't necessarily stick to it. Perhaps they take pleasure in torturing grad students? ;)

21 hours ago, Pouty_Scouty said:

Received this response from NSERC today:

"Hello,

All applicants will be e-mailed once the results have been finalized. Usually this happens mid to end of April."

End of April?! Aye yai yai..

That's very strange, It usually doesn't come out mid to end of April. My understanding was that they came out before CGS-M, at least that's what I think has been the case historically.

1 hour ago, orapronobis said:

That's very strange, It usually doesn't come out mid to end of April. My understanding was that they came out before CGS-M, at least that's what I think has been the case historically.

I thought the same - that it usually comes out mid to late-March, with last year being the exception due to Covid. I actually don't expect to receive an award as this is my first year applying and I've been away from academia for 6+ years. But I sure would like to know either way! Oh well, I guess it's back to the waiting game...