NSERC PGS D 2021-2022

MarleyBarley

Do we have any resources from previous year's that gave a sense for how many people on average would decline OR how many people got upgraded to CGS-D?

Going off of previous years stats, by my math I am 6/7 spots away from the cut off for the CGS-D. 

On 6/14/2021 at 3:21 PM, illuminatice said:

Interesting, I received a PGS-D, but my folder hasn't been updated with scores. Last updated with my result on April 27th. You received your scores/rankings? Was it uploaded to extranet, and if so, when?

Scores and rankings, uploaded to extranet June 9th. I'm 33/71 in Committee 202 and was waitlisted, it seems like in past years up to 31 in this committee have been offered.

On 6/16/2021 at 12:00 PM, PasserBy said:

Do we have any resources from previous year's that gave a sense for how many people on average would decline OR how many people got upgraded to CGS-D?

Going off of previous years stats, by my math I am 6/7 spots away from the cut off for the CGS-D. 

Depending on your committee size, last years waitlist thread seemed to suggest the first 4 or 5 people got offered very late (like Dec 2020/Jan 2021) in some committees.

I was 88 out of 216 applications in Selection Committee 169 and was waitlisted... last years success rate for 169 was 41% so it looks like i was just on the cusp or perhaps they have cut the number of awards this year. 

On 6/23/2021 at 4:09 PM, AshleyL88 said:

I'm committee 202, ranked 29/71, and on the waitlist.

Does anyone know what the cutoff was for committee 202?

I'm 33/71 on 202 and also waitlisted (obviously), looking at past years you are probably THE cut off, unless there are fewer awards.

In committee 177, previous years cutoff were 42-46%. I was 43% this year so was quite hopeful. However, when I emailed them to inquire about when us alternates would hear back, they said that they only gave 35/92 people initial offers (38%) but may give more depending on availability of funding. Additional funding is spread across all committees. They also said that if funding does become available, it could be as late as March 2022. After that, assume you are not getting an offer.

There is also the possibility of people rejecting their offers as well, which the NSERC rep didn't really talk about in their email. 

1 hour ago, 74mL_of_milk said:

In committee 177, previous years cutoff were 42-46%. I was 43% this year so was quite hopeful. However, when I emailed them to inquire about when us alternates would hear back, they said that they only gave 35/92 people initial offers (38%) but may give more depending on availability of funding. Additional funding is spread across all committees. They also said that if funding does become available, it could be as late as March 2022. After that, assume you are not getting an offer.

There is also the possibility of people rejecting their offers as well, which the NSERC rep didn't really talk about in their email. 

Do you happen to know if NSERC CGS/PGS is paid out monthly or yearly? 

On 6/16/2021 at 10:00 AM, PasserBy said:

I’m wondering about this too. What was the cut off for your committee last year?

Edited by Pouty_Scouty

On 6/21/2021 at 9:34 PM, 74mL_of_milk said:

I was 40/92 in committee 177 which is 43.5%. Last few years the cutoff has been 42%, 43%, 45%.... feels like i'm so close but probably won't know for months.....

Sorry if this is a naive question: is this a cut-off for wait-listed people getting awards, or pgs people being bumped up to cgsd? how can you tell what the cut-offs were for each committee?

related question: does anyone know anything about the chances of getting bumped up to CGSD based on your ranking? e.g., how many people usually decline CGSD per committee? 

I am ranked 37 out of 160 candidates in committee 198, and I am wondering if I should give up hope on CGSD or not -- that would really be life-changing for me. ?

Edited by BittersweetHaiku

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...