Stats:

- 1 first author publication

- bunch of conference presentations 

- bunch of extracurriculars 

- good undergrad grads. 4.0 grad grades

- good reference letters

Any feedback?

3 minutes ago, Darshana Upadhyay said:

If you dont mind, can you tell me are you from which University? And are you in Masters or PhD?

I'm at a Canadian university and PhD student. I still haven't gotten any news for committee 198 :(

Edited by UltraVioletA

A somewhat trivial question, but the six-digit application number shown in my result letter was different from what was in my application form. Should I be concerned about this and follow up with the nserc office to double check?

i.e. the six-digit NSERC pin I got when submitting the application was 575***. This same number is shown in my personal folder's name on extranet. But the number shown in my result letter was 560***.

Is that the case for other people as well? maybe they used a different numbering system when sending out the results?

Just now, TundraRS said:

A somewhat trivial question, but the six-digit application number shown in my result letter was different from what was in my application form. Should I be concerned about this and follow up with the nserc office to double check?

i.e. the six-digit NSERC pin I got when submitting the application was 575***. This same number is shown in my personal folder's name on extranet. But the number shown in my result letter was 560***.

Is that the case for other people as well? maybe they used a different numbering system when sending out the results?

Someone else mentioned this earlier as well! I'm not sure what it means though, but maybe look back through the thread for more info.

so I think these are the only committees (out of 13) have already released results to students, and the rest are still waiting. Some of these may be still in prorgess. 

- psychology (196)

- evolution and ecology (169)

- cellular and molecular biology (187)

- mathematical sciences (177)?

- geosciences (168) -- thanks @TundraRS, @MelanieW

- chemical biology and material science engineering (194) -- thanks @UltraVioletA

- plant and animal biology (195) -- thanks @Dan09

some others have heard from their grad admin.
is this correct?  please correct me otherwise and I'll edit the post. 

important: if you are in any of the above committees and you are getting an access error, contact NSERC and resolve it. chances are that your results are already up and you just can't see them. 

you can find the list of committees and research fields here

Edited by BittersweetHaiku
updated the list

1 minute ago, BittersweetHaiku said:

so I think these are the only committees have already released results to students, and the rest are still waiting:

- psychology (196)

is this correct? 

I'm in 168 geosciences and my result was up on the extranet

4 minutes ago, BittersweetHaiku said:

so I think these are the only committees have already released results to students, and the rest are still waiting:

- psychology (196)

- geosciences (168) -- thanks @TundraRS

It really does feel like now some of us may not hear until the 30th at this rate lol

7 minutes ago, BittersweetHaiku said:

- psychology (196)

is this correct? 

I think 168 is currently in progress! I am 168 and still have not heard. 

21 minutes ago, BethL said:

Someone else mentioned this earlier as well! I'm not sure what it means though, but maybe look back through the thread for more info.

I think we have an application number and an NSERC PIN and they're different but they both seem to be 6 digits starting with a 5 which is confusing!

Edited by mathissweet
mispelled something

26 minutes ago, TundraRS said:

Did you get an email notification when your results were up?

I am committee 195 and received a PGS-D yesterday. I was pretty confident with 10 publications, 3 conferences, 3 years work experience in my field, and a novel research topic in wearable technology. 

Our Graduate Scholarship Officer jumped the gun yesterday and emailed the successful candidates requesting copies of their letters, apparently before many people heard from NSERC (it sounds like many still haven't). It appears that the rankings will be released at a later date. 

Good luck to all!

41 minutes ago, BittersweetHaiku said:

important: if you are in any of the above committees and you are getting an access error, contact NSERC and resolve it. chances are that your results are already up and you just can't see them. 

Just of note you will likely be directed to email schol@nserc-crsng.gc.ca as when I called the help desk number they weren't able to help and my account needed to be regenerated. This was the error I was seeing:

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AAMkADFiNTVlOTU3LTQyYjAtNDZjNi05MDFhLTMwYWJmNzM5YzUxNwBGAAAAAACqKGab%2Bso6TrIUDj5U8cgHBwBQeMrEx4VNRZAYCn%2FWOnlvAAAAAAEJAABQeMrEx4VNRZAYCn%2FWOnlvAASRU792AAABEgAQAAFVBmNqt95MgN6Zws%2BwbM4%3D&thumbnailType=2&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjMwODE3OUNFNUY0QjUyRTc4QjJEQjg5NjZCQUY0RUNDMzcyN0FFRUUiLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJ4NXQiOiJNSUY1emw5TFV1ZUxMYmlXYTY5T3pEY25ydTQifQ.eyJvcmlnaW4iOiJodHRwczovL291dGxvb2sub2ZmaWNlLmNvbSIsInVjIjoiNGNhOGM5NGFmZjI0NDU1ZWFmODkxOGNkMWNkMGQ4ZmQiLCJzaWduaW5fc3RhdGUiOiJbXCJrbXNpXCJdIiwidmVyIjoiRXhjaGFuZ2UuQ2FsbGJhY2suVjEiLCJhcHBjdHhzZW5kZXIiOiJPd2FEb3dubG9hZEA2MGI4MTk5OS0wYjdmLTQxMmQtOTJhMy1lMTdkOGFlOWUzZTAiLCJpc3NyaW5nIjoiV1ciLCJhcHBjdHgiOiJ7XCJtc2V4Y2hwcm90XCI6XCJvd2FcIixcInB1aWRcIjpcIjExNTM4MzYyOTY1MzA0NDIyMDBcIixcInNjb3BlXCI6XCJPd2FEb3dubG9hZFwiLFwib2lkXCI6XCI0ZTMyMGEyZC1jNzhjLTQ4ZTMtYWQ0Ni1lNzU4OTgwNzQ1NmZcIixcInByaW1hcnlzaWRcIjpcIlMtMS01LTIxLTkwMjU3OTk5Ny0xNTU2NDgwNTQ5LTM0OTAyNjk2OC03Mjk2NTIzXCJ9IiwibmJmIjoxNjE5NjI5NzAyLCJleHAiOjE2MTk2MzAzMDIsImlzcyI6IjAwMDAwMDAyLTAwMDAtMGZmMS1jZTAwLTAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMEA2MGI4MTk5OS0wYjdmLTQxMmQtOTJhMy1lMTdkOGFlOWUzZTAiLCJhdWQiOiIwMDAwMDAwMi0wMDAwLTBmZjEtY2UwMC0wMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAvYXR0YWNobWVudHMub2ZmaWNlLm5ldEA2MGI4MTk5OS0wYjdmLTQxMmQtOTJhMy1lMTdkOGFlOWUzZTAiLCJoYXBwIjoib3dhIn0.GgbEInWH4D9LofJ11XlmKhh-rozCWiMY33G9CuI8jgNlDiY1wduphBixadfNP836YXWr1hCfCHCf5LoadGcMc23kO55ZeGuZmdk4hjfKL_ClcEDSxtFWd2RjDLoFBK26GWLoRj-CnvhkXwVX2kgAs5-ls6FlYx0T7qfe4ksGGX6sAisxG03e7HlYPuTSXo8aa5MwDYh9zJaChRKV83vgF7jl6ZPOtkXZZO4b4UeamZadjOZVbZE2i76sg4x-ZVxohCsta_CZlqJKxwLS2FKFplOHrouRUmjykbjh3hfa1kfNGMTYroZD0xtXZJ97BKmtTeuinMj-PCZzVOhvHEfEqw&X-OWA-CANARY=We--DwOY60-4l2Q9KAixrfCjdKpoCtkY4Ec5vX-2xJ6uP4xeY3nsDg4AGusxnxnBXBGYS95aM2Q.&owa=outlook.office.com&scriptVer=20210419002.04&animation=true

I would do it ASAP as it took them a bit to get back to me.

59 minutes ago, BittersweetHaiku said:

so I think these are the only committees (out of 13) have already released results to students, and the rest are still waiting:

- psychology (196)

- geosciences (168) currently in progress -- thanks @TundraRS, @MelanieW

you can find the list of committees and research fields here

Can you keep updating this? I like this idea!  194 is out too :)