NSERC PGS D 2021-2022

MarleyBarley

2 minutes ago, CharB said:

For those who have their access denied. I called 613-995-4273 and then had to send them a screenshot to show my access is denied. They finally got back to me just now after updating my permissions. 

Unfortunately it is a rejection for me, but at least I have closure. I recommend contacting them if you don't see an "Applicants" tab beside "Change password" on the website. 

Applicants tab?

I don't see that..

Here's my screen:

image.png.373234da19b3283a3d98fb64ae359e24.png

4 minutes ago, CharB said:

For those who have their access denied. I called 613-995-4273 and then had to send them a screenshot to show my access is denied. They finally got back to me just now after updating my permissions. 

Unfortunately it is a rejection for me, but at least I have closure. I recommend contacting them if you don't see an "Applicants" tab beside "Change password" on the website. 

I just called them, thank you for leading the charge here. Apparently it is a known issue and they are looking into it but it might not be fixed until tomorrow......:(

4 minutes ago, RazzSci said:

Mine looks just like this as well!

Sorry, you are right, there is no applicants tab this year.. this has been a confusing ride because last year's website looks different and they gave me the link for both because my account should have access to both. It is totally on the main page for this year though!

7 minutes ago, StructIntern said:

For those who won, did you include an EDI component ? The nature of my research does not have one...curious how that will impact my application. I know it's a bit late asking. 

I did not! I wrote a blurb explaining why it was not applicable to my research.

9 minutes ago, StructIntern said:

For those who won, did you include an EDI component ? The nature of my research does not have one...curious how that will impact my application. I know it's a bit late asking. 

My project didn't have an EDI component but I used the space to justify why it didn't. Our school really recommended that you justified it as clearly as possible if you didn't have one.

Edited by ssethi25

I have been lurking on this forum, which was how I discovered that some of the results were out???? So disorganized!

Anyways, just wanted to add my info for those still waiting. I did NOT get the CGS/PGS but I was fully expecting this. No publications, and a half-formed research proposal. Will be applying next year.

I had an error message on the extranet a few times before it would let me in. When it did, it just showed me a PDF of the rejection letter. 

My committee was psychology (196?). Last name starts with P. 

12 minutes ago, Lampsuns said:

Hi folks,

I just received information on my application from my department (not NSERC!). I got a CGS-D, committee 194 (chemical engineering). This was my 2nd time applying, so never give up. All the best to those who are waiting!

PS: Thank you all for keeping this forum active. Really helps all of us! :)

How did you find out your committee? Is it listed anywhere on the application or just the results document? 

10 minutes ago, Lampsuns said:

Hi folks,

I just received information on my application from my department (not NSERC!). I got a CGS-D, committee 194 (chemical engineering). This was my 2nd time applying, so never give up. All the best to those who are waiting!

PS: Thank you all for keeping this forum active. Really helps all of us! :)

Hey, could you please share a little bit about your profile? If you don't mind? How many publications?

I am in the same committee with you (194)

20 minutes ago, Greg F said:

I just got an email back from NSERC all the notices are being upload MANUALLY so it might be while everyone

No surprise...they probably log into the same portal and click on the upload document tab. I wonder if we can upload random stuff up there but I am too timid to try 

Edited by StructIntern

For those who have the "Error Access denied" message, contact the tech support for NSERC. They were able to unblock my account (although takes a bit of time). Seems like my results had been there since 11:24 am and here I was still refreshing!

Edited by tje