NSERC PGS D 2021-2022

MarleyBarley

1 minute ago, MarleyBarley said:

Im in statistics and just got my rejection letter... (not even waiting list)... 

im gonna go cry with my dog for abit but congrats all :)

there was no ranking provided... 

At least you had a dog ! Last year I had covid to cry with ;). 

1 minute ago, ChessChz said:

Did anyone get the award in the first application?

I didn't apply on my Phd's first year because I didn't have a first author publication.. and now it's all or nothing..

Got it on my first application! At the time of application, I didn't have any journal publications. Only two submitted articles. 

3 minutes ago, illuminatice said:

I'm in the same boat here. Fingers crossed for both of us!

Glad to know I'm not alone! :) Good luck to us!

I'm on 198 (Comp.Sci.), which I'm guessing is super competitive (like everything in CS), so I'm likely not getting it... but hoping I'm wrong :D

Committee 179 (chemistry), still nothing. Congrats to everyone who got an award, and best of luck next time for those who didn't (don't give up!!).

Edit: should say, good luck to those who can apply next year. For those who can't, don't let an award define your success

Edited by jburnz

You'd really think that for such a large organization they'd be able to automate the results. 

Any comp sci people should write that as a proposal, "I will fix your crap website and stop giving grad students heart attacks"

10 minutes ago, ChessChz said:

Did anyone get the award in the first application?

I didn't apply on my Phd's first year because I didn't have a first author publication.. and now it's all or nothing..

I did! I had two publications (one as a second author and one as a third author), and had my one as a first-author submitted. I didn't think I would get it since I didn't get any major scholarships beforehand and from people at my school who have gotten it had either a CGS-M or OGS before getting PGSD/CGSD

To those that got the letter (rejection or acceptance), just curious: does your personal identification PIN that you got through NSERC when you were applying match the one that you got on your decision letter? For me it's different and I just noticed it.

Edited by neuranxiety

Just now, neuranxiety said:

To those that got the letter (rejection or acceptance), just curious: does your personal identification PIN that you got through NSERC when you were applying match the one that you got on your decision letter? For me it's different and I just noticed it since I somehow remembered my personal PIN from applying.

I think I remember something about those numbers being different to our NSERC personal pins last year, like they were some kind of application or result number?

Just got my rejection letter but I applied to animal physiology and metabolism. My rejection letter had committee 195 on it (plant and animal biology). Not sure if I somehow messed that up......or was sent to the wrong committee somehow?? 

I had 2 first author pubs, 4 co-author pubs, 4 conference abstracts, and an OGS on my application when I applied.