NSERC PGS D 2021-2022

MarleyBarley

Just now, ParisMashouri said:

Just got my rejection letter but I applied to animal physiology and metabolism. My rejection letter had committee 195 on it (plant and animal biology). Not sure if I somehow messed that up......or was sent to the wrong committee somehow?? 

I had 2 first author pubs, 4 co-author pubs, 4 conference abstracts, and an OGS on my application when I applied. 

I'm physiology too and ended up plant and animal biology. I think that's the only committee that's the closest for graduate scholarships, which is pretty strange..

Just now, neuranxiety said:

I'm physiology too and ended up plant and animal biology. I think that's the only committee that's the closest for graduate scholarships, which is pretty strange..

Well I'm glad to at least hear that it wasn't something I managed to mess up during the application process. Thanks for letting me know and good luck to everyone else!

1 minute ago, ParisMashouri said:

Just got my rejection letter but I applied to animal physiology and metabolism. My rejection letter had committee 195 on it (plant and animal biology). Not sure if I somehow messed that up......or was sent to the wrong committee somehow?? 

I had 2 first author pubs, 4 co-author pubs, 4 conference abstracts, and an OGS on my application when I applied. 

I read that they will move your committee if they think you are better suited elsewhere unfortunately. That really sucks I think the advise I was told that after you get out of the school your chances are basically a coin filp. It really depends on if the person reading your application understands and likes what you are saying. 

Sorry! I am sure you are a great researcher. I am awaiting what I expect to be a rejection, so I am with you!

3 minutes ago, ParisMashouri said:

These are the selection committees:

""

Scholarships and Fellowships

""

You are probably talking about the field of study in your NSERC application

2 minutes ago, Albd said:

I read that they will move your committee if they think you are better suited elsewhere unfortunately. That really sucks I think the advise I was told that after you get out of the school your chances are basically a coin filp. It really depends on if the person reading your application understands and likes what you are saying. 

Sorry! I am sure you are a great researcher. I am awaiting what I expect to be a rejection, so I am with you!

Thanks for being so kind! I really hope you get it. I'm just glad you guys are all saying that they decide what committee to put you in. As long as I know that I didn't get rejected because I messed up, I can accept a rejection. Thanks again! :)

1 minute ago, UltraVioletA said:

These are the selection committees:

""

Scholarships and Fellowships

""

You are probably talking about the field of study in your NSERC application

Thanks for sharing this! Where on our 201 Form did we pick one of these? Or do we not pick and they just pick a committee for us based on our application?

Just now, ParisMashouri said:

Thanks for sharing this! Where on our 201 Form did we pick one of these? Or do we not pick and they just pick a committee for us based on our application?

Here is the list of what field study codes belong to which selection committee:

https://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Help-Aide/ScholarshipCodes-CodesPourBourses_Eng.asp

2 minutes ago, ParisMashouri said:

if you look on this page (https://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/help-aide/scholarshipcodes-codespourbourses_eng.asp), I think we picked the 4 digit codes and then the committee is at the top of all of the lists of 4 digit codes!

11 minutes ago, ParisMashouri said:

Sorry that you weren't able to get it. Can you apply again next year?

12 minutes ago, Albd said:

You can see previous year results on the NSERC webpage. Normally 40-45% of those who get of the school gets it.

Last year NSERC basically said all results will be up ON April 16 by 11:59 pm. I guess they are being very vague this year by saying you will get an email when the results are up. Sounds like they automated something possibly to avoid everyone refreshing their page every minute all at once....(better than nth I guess!!!)

Edited by StructIntern

1 minute ago, Procrastinate247 said:

image.thumb.png.858dd33b9bb35d140fad32d9b727cf50.png

Anyone else still seeing this screen? No Applicant Library tab. 

Yep I get a different screen when I connect via my phone fwiw. Although it doesn't give me any more information, just a bunch of tabs that link back into themselves.

1 minute ago, Procrastinate247 said:

image.thumb.png.858dd33b9bb35d140fad32d9b727cf50.png

Anyone else still seeing this screen? No Applicant Library tab. 

I am! It's driving me crazy! I called the online help center and they are looking into it... I had to send them a screenshot and now I am waiting for a reply. No idea what is going on :(