NSERC PGS D 2021-2022

MarleyBarley

My grad school award officers won't tell me about the outcome of my results. They I should expect an email directly from NSERC by April 30th. I am not even gonna bother to think deep about what that is supposed to mean. Damnn, they are cold ?

Anyways, I have waited for over 7 months, I think I can wait for 1-3 more days.

2 minutes ago, PsychOut21 said:

Does anyone know what the waitlist process is like? Do they let you know what place you are on it? Is there an estimate for how long it takes to know if people reject their offers?

You get bumped up when people reject their offers as scholarship becomes available. Looking through a couple of threads, it looks like you could even get awarded in January the following year which is also the deadline for people to accept or decline their results. Atleast that is what I know. Goodluck!

1 minute ago, GHbwoy said:

You get bumped up when people reject their offers as scholarship becomes available. Looking through a couple of threads, it looks like you could even get awarded in January the following year which is also the deadline for people to accept or decline their results. Atleast that is what I know. Goodluck!

You get 9 months to accept the offer? Wow, one could carry a baby to term in that time!

7 minutes ago, PsychOut21 said:

Does anyone know what the waitlist process is like? Do they let you know what place you are on it? Is there an estimate for how long it takes to know if people reject their offers?

A student in my lab was taken off the waitlist the January after the results came out so people definitely have a considerate amount of time to accept/reject

26 minutes ago, GHbwoy said:

My grad school award officers won't tell me about the outcome of my results. They I should expect an email directly from NSERC by April 30th. I am not even gonna bother to think deep about what that is supposed to mean. Damnn, they are cold ?

Anyways, I have waited for over 7 months, I think I can wait for 1-3 more days.

that sucks... mine is more forthcoming....they def have the list sent from nserc though...

2 minutes ago, mathissweet said:

omg y'all, I'm in committee 187 (molecular and cell bio or something like that) with the last name starting with M and I just woke up and got my results!!! it says they were there at 7:51 AM and I'm guessing that's Ontario time!!

Congrats!!!! I assume good news!?

11 minutes ago, BethL said:

Congrats!!!! I assume good news!?

2 minutes ago, Walczyka said:

Ahhh! Im in 187, I'm so nervous! Anyone who got it 1) did you get your ranking and 2) if you feel comfortable can you share a bit about your CV if you were successful?

I applied last year and ranked pretty low for the research potential side. This year on my application I had one published like 7th author paper, one submitted 3rd author paper, one co-1st author paper submitted and a patent filed but not yet issued. Another big difference from last year is I really talked about all the things I do in my department (including EDI work, organizing events in the department, meeting visiting profs, etc.) and bolded out important phrases to really highlight what I do! And I got the CGS D, I can't even believe it!! I wish everyone good luck and I am so sorry that the results come out so slow like this :( 

1 minute ago, mathissweet said:

I applied last year and ranked pretty low for the research potential side. This year on my application I had one published like 7th author paper, one submitted 3rd author paper, one co-1st author paper submitted and a patent filed but not yet issued. Another big difference from last year is I really talked about all the things I do in my department (including EDI work, organizing events in the department, meeting visiting profs, etc.) and bolded out important phrases to really highlight what I do! And I got the CGS D, I can't even believe it!! I wish everyone good luck and I am so sorry that the results come out so slow like this :( 

Wow you had such a productive year despite COVID, congrats!!! All the best luck to you in your future studies!

9 minutes ago, Walczyka said:

Ahhh! Im in 187, I'm so nervous! Anyone who got it 1) did you get your ranking and 2) if you feel comfortable can you share a bit about your CV if you were successful?

It didnt state the rankings yet that comes out a bit later. 

In terms of CV(in really broad strokes) i have 2 second author publications, 1 textbook chapter, and 4 conference citations one of which was competitive and ive been a grad mentor for a while. 

AHHH also in 187 and I got CGS-D! I'm shaking haha. Thank you guys all for the support of the last few days (I've been a nervous wreck). I got wait listed for OGS a couple days ago so I definitely didn't see this coming. Last year, I didn't even get passed on my my school so just a reminder that you literally never know how things will work out!

In terms of CV, I have one publication, one paper about to be submitted soon, MANY extracurriculars, and 10 conferences (8 presentations).

And no, haven't received rankings.

GOOD LUCK to everyone that's still waiting!

1 minute ago, RazzSci said:

AHHH also in 187 and I got CGS-D! I'm shaking haha. Thank you guys all for the support of the last few days (I've been a nervous wreck). I got wait listed for OGS a couple days ago so I definitely didn't see this coming. Last year, I didn't even get passed on my my school so just a reminder that you literally never know how things will work out!

In terms of CV, I have one publication, one paper about to be submitted soon, MANY extracurriculars, and 10 conferences (8 presentations).

Congratulations :)

3 minutes ago, RazzSci said:

Congratulations!! I've been reacting to too many posts and now I can't "like" any more posts today, but congrats to everyone!!