NSERC PGS D 2021-2022

MarleyBarley

5 minutes ago, Darshana Upadhyay said:

I somehow feel, I might have to wait for tomorrow. The session might ended for today.

Same for me. Does anyone know if they will announce before the 30th, or by the end of the day on the 30th?

My department administrator said they know but they aren't allowed to say lol! The suspense is killing me

Just got my rejection letter - Chemistry (Committee 179). NSERC ID starts with 57.

At the point of applications, I had 3 peer-reviewed publications (2 first author). I had 8 conferences and 4 technical reports. 

Well, I have one more chance to apply, gotta start working on it. 

Goodluck to everyone who have not received their results yet. Congrats to those awarded. Better luck next time to us  remaining!

Edited by GHbwoy

25 minutes ago, GHbwoy said:

Just got my rejection letter - Chemistry (Committee 179). NSERC ID starts with 57.

At the point of applications, I had 3 peer-reviewed publications (2 first author). I had 8 conferences and 4 technical reports. 

Well, I have one more chance to apply, gotta start working on it. 

Goodluck to everyone who have not received their results yet. Congrats to those awarded. Better luck next time to us  remaining!

Damn, sorry to hear that! :( Same committee, my application number also started with 57, but still waiting. Sincerely wishing you the best of luck next year, definitely sounds like it was a strong application!

1 minute ago, Janexkz said:

Just received CGS D - committee 201. Last name starts with B and ID with 57

Did they update it just now or you just saw your result? I thought they would have stopped uploading them at this time 

1 hour ago, Cooliohoolio said:

My application got waitlisted.... Are there any success stories for getting the award after being waitlisted? 

I don't have hope because who would reject this scholarship lol 

Yes, there are a few success stories for waitlist category. Finger crossed until January 2022. You might get bumped up by that time - when some people reject their awards.

NSERC's automated reply email for their inbox says that results with be out by April 30 and rankings will be out by June 30. That seems like a really long time! Does anyone who applied last year know if they said the same thing or how long it actually took after finding out the results to get the rankings?

4 minutes ago, lukestadistica said:

NSERC's automated reply email for their inbox says that results with be out by April 30 and rankings will be out by June 30. That seems like a really long time! Does anyone who applied last year know if they said the same thing or how long it actually took after finding out the results to get the rankings?

Last year the rankings came out along with the results :(

1 hour ago, HiBob said:

Any news from people in committee 202 - Mechanical Engineering?

I'm also 202, and haven't heard anything. I imagine we'll hear today though. I think results for 201 were posted yesterday.

Committee 202 (Mechanical Engineering)

Just received my results (at 11:19 AM). Last name starts with L. 

I was not successful but I am on the waitlist. I will try again next year. Congrats to those who won and good luck to those still waiting to hear. 

Im 202 and last name starts with Z and sadly no awards for me either. I went straight from a bachelor to a PhD in the UK so my hopes were low, but I thought I had good chances since I received several scholarships and prizes, graduated first of class during my undergrad, had 2 years of industrial experience and had 1 first author peer-reviewed conference paper and co-wrote lecture notes/guides for a master course and had 2 industrial internal reports as well as extracurricular activities and implication in my community. I will work hard and try again next year. Congrats to everyone who got it :) 

1 hour ago, AshleyL88 said:

Committee 202 (Mechanical Engineering)

Just received my results (at 11:19 AM). Last name starts with L. 

I was not successful but I am on the waitlist. I will try again next year. Congrats to those who won and good luck to those still waiting to hear. 

Sorry to hear, but hopefully you hear good news through the waitlist! Do you mind providing the first few digits of your NSERC id  - I believe this is the order they are releasing results (i.e. mine starts with 57-..., and am still waiting to hear). 

Edited by RobF

8 minutes ago, Methomz said:

Im 202 and last name starts with Z and sadly no awards for me either. I went straight from a bachelor to a PhD in the UK so my hopes were low, but I thought I had good chances since I received several scholarships and prizes, graduated first of class during my undergrad, had 2 years of industrial experience and had 1 first author peer-reviewed conference paper and co-wrote lecture notes/guides for a master course and had 2 industrial internal reports as well as extracurricular activities and implication in my community. I will work hard and try again next year. Congrats to everyone who got it :) 

So sorry about that. Better luck next time. Do you mind sharing first two digits of your application code?