NSERC PGS D 2021-2022

MarleyBarley

32 minutes ago, ssethi25 said:

How did you find out your committee? Is it listed anywhere on the application or just the results document? 

I am not sure about your question. We get to select our committee we want our application to be evaluated on. And yes it is listed in the application.

33 minutes ago, Laafimani said:

Hey, could you please share a little bit about your profile? If you don't mind? How many publications?

I am in the same committee with you (194)

Sure, I am in my second year of PhD. Got 3 first-author pubs and couple of conferences when I applied, if that helps.

1 hour ago, jennakinskywalker said:

No grant for me this year! Oh well, I can try again next year :)

Committee 169, last name H

Definitely don't give up! I know a lot of people who have received an NSERC on their second or third try.  Best of luck! Maybe one day we will run into each other at Carleton :) 

13 minutes ago, Lampsuns said:

I am not sure about your question. We get to select our committee we want our application to be evaluated on. And yes it is listed in the application.

In my application, there's only a research subject code and proposed field of study/research. My research subject code is 1900 and my proposed field of study is biomedical engineering. I'm assuming I'm in committee 194, which involves biomedical engineering, unless my application was moved to a different committee.

Is your committee number directly stated on your application?

Edited by ssethi25

1 hour ago, StructIntern said:

For those who won, did you include an EDI component ? The nature of my research does not have one...curious how that will impact my application. I know it's a bit late asking. 

My research doesn't include EDI components. However, I did write a very short blurb about why EDI wasn't applicable to my research. 

If you're really anxious like me, the best thing is to email the graduate awards manager (your university should have one, try to remember who you talked to when submitting).

I did that and they replied my email saying I didn't get it. So no more refreshing today, I'll get the details later.

I hope you guys have more luck! 

BTW, they said they received it at the university yesterday.

Edited by ChessChz

9 minutes ago, ssethi25 said:

In my application, there's only a research subject code and proposed field of study/research. My research subject code is 1900 and my proposed field of study is biomedical engineering. I'm assuming I'm in committee 194, which involves biomedical engineering, unless my application was moved to a different committee.

Is your committee number directly stated on your application?

Yes in this case, you'd be in committee 194 too.

45 minutes ago, ChessChz said:

If you're really anxious like me, the best thing is to email the graduate awards manager (your university should have one, try to remember who you talked to when submitting).

I did that and they replied my email saying I didn't get it. So no more refreshing today, I'll get the details later.

I hope you guys have more luck! 

BTW, they said they received it at the university yesterday.

Unfortunately, my awards officer has an auto-response. They are busy and should expect a response between 1 to 3 business days lol

Got my result through the faculty of grad studies. I basically told then I had access issues and can you let me know if I got it. Unfortunately the result is No. i wasn’t on the list they received from nserc. I suspect i am not even on the waitlist. My last time applying so good luck everyone !!!