NSERC PGS D 2021-2022

MarleyBarley

2 hours ago, jennakinskywalker said:

If they're announcing Vanier we can't be too far behind. 

Last year, Vanier was right around now as well. PGS/CGS results were around the 17th/18th April. 

Of course, that was fresh on the back of a pandemic lockdowns in Canada. I hope its not as big of a gap this time around. 

5 minutes ago, MelanieW said:

Has anyone heard of anything from NSERC or their graduate units on when the decisions will be made/released? 

Should be end of next week, or early the following week. Good luck!

2 minutes ago, abdelrahmanayad said:

How did you get this information? Did you reach out to NSERC?

Yes - this information was provided by an NSERC program officer, who I reached out to last week.  I heard back from him yesterday afternoon.

9 minutes ago, abdelrahmanayad said:

I emailed NSERC and got this reply: 

" Hello, 

We were just informed that the results will be available by the end of the month."

I guess we probably won't hear the results until the last week of April. We have to wait another two weeks...

that suckssssss....

3 hours ago, abdelrahmanayad said:

I emailed NSERC and got this reply: 

" Hello, 

We were just informed that the results will be available by the end of the month."

I guess we probably won't hear the results until the last week of April. We have to wait another two weeks...

Jeez..I wonder what the hold up is? EDI considerations?

1 hour ago, KristenBill said:

How are we supposed to accept or reject OGS if we won't hear back about NSERC until the end of the month.......

When is the deadline to accept/reject? I would assume they have to announce it before that, right? An NSERC officer said to someone else that it would be end of this week / early next week. Interesting that they'd give (kind of) conflicting answers.

1 hour ago, KristenBill said:

How are we supposed to accept or reject OGS if we won't hear back about NSERC until the end of the month.......

I've had it where I won/accepted OGS, then won NSERC (masters) a few weeks later. I had to fill out a new form and submit it to the University saying I was rejecting OGS. If there's paper work, read what they say. You might be able to accept it now, and reject it later.

So, I followed up with the PGS team about notifications yesterday, here is their response: 
"Due to technical circumstances, the results of the PGSD 2021 competition are expected to be released at the end of the month. We thank you for your understanding."

Whelp!

Edited by BittersweetHaiku

1 hour ago, BittersweetHaiku said:

So, I followed up with the PGS team about notifications yesterday, here is their response: 
"Due to technical circumstances, the results of the PGSD 2021 competition are expected to be released at the end of the month. We thank you for your understanding."

Whelp!

That's disappointing...I was still holding out hope for this week or early next week. Ah well, nothing we can do about it. Thanks for passing on this information. 

Edited by Pouty_Scouty

5 hours ago, BittersweetHaiku said:

Whelp!

Boooooo. That's so disappointing. Thanks so much for sharing the info, though. 

Now for another two weeks of anxiety...

Out of curiosity does anyone know if their departments are aware of who won yet? I think last year some students heard through their department before the official release, although that could just be rumours. 

1 hour ago, Crawn said:

Out of curiosity does anyone know if their departments are aware of who won yet? I think last year some students heard through their department before the official release, although that could just be rumours

I asked my department if they have any updates late March, they said that they would know shortly after I receive a notification. However, in case people who apply through their institution (e.g. UofT), the departments find out before the students, and may even be able to give you a headsup if you ask! A friend of mine heard that he received the scholarship last year from the department before the notifications were out.