NSERC PGS D 2021-2022

MarleyBarley

2 minutes ago, aenzenh said:

That's true. I guess I'm too you to remember that universities, etc. would even mail acceptance letters to you :D

And by previous years I mean pre-COVID lol. Not long ago :) Progress!

Edited by RCJ

On 4/21/2021 at 5:25 PM, aenzenh said:

I wonder why they don't just send out an email to all the applicants if they know they are delayed. It would save a lot of time as compared to answering every student individually.

It is totally understandable lol. They said they will release it "by April 30th, 2021" so it could be any moment from now. Even today is a possibility. This year, they sent an email to the NSERC PDF applicants on Jan 27th that they will release the results by Jan. 31st. Guess what? They released the results two days after on the 29th.

I got the first email, but I am still waiting on emails 2 & 3. I assume when they say:

"If a profile was previously created for you, the same login will be used to access your award information. If you forgot your login credentials, you can use the automated recovery tools to regain access."

They don't mean the logins that were associated with the CGS-M portal (assuming that you had applied in the past for that).

Anyone know? Or have that happen where they applied for CGS-M previous years and still got the updated login creds for the CGS-D/PGS-D?

Anyway been lurking since the start here and panicking whilst also trying to not give NSERC too much brain bandwidth. 

44 minutes ago, Albd said:

I got the first email, but I am still waiting on emails 2 & 3. I assume when they say:

"If a profile was previously created for you, the same login will be used to access your award information. If you forgot your login credentials, you can use the automated recovery tools to regain access."

They don't mean the logins that were associated with the CGS-M portal (assuming that you had applied in the past for that).

Anyone know? Or have that happen where they applied for CGS-M previous years and still got the updated login creds for the CGS-D/PGS-D?

Anyway been lurking since the start here and panicking whilst also trying to not give NSERC too much brain bandwidth. 

I did CGS-D/PGS-D last year (and CGS-M the years before) and the CGS-D/PGS-D portal is new and doesn't have any of my CGS-M results on it.

I just got my login credentials email, and it has the line:

"Note: You will be notified via email when the results become available."

which it didn't have last year. So it seems like maybe this year they've changed it to send you an email when your results go up, if that helps anyone resist the urge to keep refreshing. Good luck everyone,  both on the competition and on not letting it distract you until the 30th!

10 minutes ago, AstroMike said:

I did CGS-D/PGS-D last year (and CGS-M the years before) and the CGS-D/PGS-D portal is new and doesn't have any of my CGS-M results on it.

Okay cheers! I guess just wait! I am glad a previous poster mentioned that its random. Otherwise I would be over speculating  what it all meant and spinning my wheels.

1 hour ago, illuminatice said:

It could be alphabetical? I got it yesterday afternoon and my last name starts with B.

You are right, it could be alphabetical order. My last name starts with B and I got mine yesterday afternoon too around 4pm. I got everything, I logged in and its just an empty folder there. 

In case you are not receiving anything yet, may be you should check your junk folder too.

1 minute ago, lukestadistica said:

It may be alphabetical. I just got mine and my last name starts with H. So hopefully it will be soon for everyone else!

I'm an H too! So hopefully soon. I've been spending more time on this board than on writing my proposal this week . . . 

Howdy from a SSHRC applicant who's been lurking in case NSERC is any indication of when SSHRC will be sending out results ?

Just thought I'd mention that I think SSHRC sends out emails/notifications based on application number rather than last name. So it may have to do with when you submitted your application rather than last name -- the later you submit, the higher your registration number is... at least that's one harebrained theory.

But honestly, who the heck knows whether that's accurate, nevermind whether SSHRC and NSERC use the same processes.

Good luck everyone!!!

13 minutes ago, drsalimander said:

My last name starts with I so we will see how manually/slowly they are doing this process. Also - really regretting scheduling my comprehensive on the 30th now... Added stress of results not welcome on that day. 

Good luck with your comps! hope it goes well!

1 hour ago, KristenBill said:

I just went through the rabbit hole that was last year's thread. Seems like they heard back within 1-2 days of getting login information.

My folder in Extranet is blank. Is this the same for others?

They did heard back within 1-2 days of getting login information. Same thing to this years NSERC PDF applicants, they got their login info on the 27th Jan and got back decision on 29th Jan.

So, I am guessing may be early next week.