UChicago Harris 2021

yikes1998

Just now, policykid10 said:

ooh i didn't hear that! you know more than me haha. did they say that in a session or one on one?

I asked one of the admission guy, and she said probably by this week. But another one I am less associated with said it would be by the end of the month.

1 hour ago, yxl338 said:

I am in !!!! Got a call just now. And the official one will come by tomorrow night!

Congratulations!! Will everyone be getting their decisions online tomorrow? Also, how many people will be called normally? Should I be worried if I don't hear back tonight?

1 hour ago, FrenchFry22 said:

Congratulations!! Will everyone be getting their decisions online tomorrow? Also, how many people will be called normally? Should I be worried if I don't hear back tonight?

based on older forums, not everyone gets a call! they're often associated with certain fellowships. i wouldn't worry about it. (-: 

Just now, MrPants said:

I went to the Virtual Class room tonight with Prof. Ethan Bueno de Mesquita. Did anyone else see how his ppt presentation was titled "admitted students"? Did only admitted students get an invite to the virtual classroom event?

I feel you big time on looking for anything to latch on to, but I wouldn't read too much into it (unless someone else has some inside knowledge). Guess we'll find out when we find out. Obviously, easier said than done haha. 

1 minute ago, MrPants said:

I went to the Virtual Class room tonight with Prof. Ethan Bueno de Mesquita. Did anyone else see how his ppt presentation was titled "admitted students"? Did only admitted students get an invite to the virtual classroom event?

Hate to burst your bubble (and I wish it wasn't true!) but I haven't submitted my application yet and attended the event. I think it may just be how some professor title their slides, or perhaps in previous years/quarters it was for admitted students.

On 11/14/2020 at 6:50 AM, FrenchFry22 said:

I did! I signed up for the virtual class experience and the virtual living room event. Both will be very interesting I hope! Definitely looking forward to the class experience for sure. How about you/everyone else?

How did the virtual class experience go? I wasn't able to attend :(

And omg results are out, congrats to those that got admitted!!!! 

Edited by yikes1998

9 minutes ago, oliviapopestan said:

got a call yesterday but no email yet...has anyone gotten an email?

also for anyone who got a call, did they say anything about funding/scholarships or will that only be in the email?

congrats to everyone! and to everyone waiting, i'm sure you'll hear soon :)

i haven't gotten an email either. they told me on my call that they'll send them out tonight. they didn't say anything to me about funding on the call, so we'll see haha.

36 minutes ago, oliviapopestan said:

got a call yesterday but no email yet...has anyone gotten an email?

also for anyone who got a call, did they say anything about funding/scholarships or will that only be in the email?

congrats to everyone! and to everyone waiting, i'm sure you'll hear soon :)

My (very minimal) funding amount was disclosed on the admissions call.