DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

On 12/14/2020 at 10:32 PM, Rexsalazar94 said:

We are applying from Guatemala and the email said this:

"Dear applicant, you have applied for the Study Scholarship: Postgraduate Studies in the Field of Architecture and submitted the portfolio of your work samples by post. As next step for your application, we kindly ask you to upload your portfolio of work samples in the media data base link that you will find below. Please submit your digital portfolio by January 6th, 2021. Your digital portfolio must be identical to the one you originally submitted with your application by post to the DAAD. 

Further instructions....

Please note: Applications whose digital portfolios do not meet the above-mentioned technical requirements or whose portfolios have been uploaded after the given deadline will not be further considered in the selection process.

Best regards, ST31, Latin America Section"

Hey everyone,

I actually just got this same email asking me to upload my portfolio in PDF format. Same deadline, January 6th.

Nothing has changed on my DAAD Portal, I still have "Paper copies received" and no new messages there!

I'm guessing if you've not received it yet, you will within the next few days!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2020 at 8:00 PM, Arli said:

I am applying for a scholarship for all master disciplines and got this today 

Thank you for sending us your application for the above programme. Your application is complete and will be considered in the selection process. At a later stage in the proceedings, a preselection will be made on the basis of all written applications.All applicants who meet the requirements will be invited to attend a personal interview. The selection committee is meeting from 17/02/2021 to 18/02/2021. Because we are only able to inform you of the actual date at fairly short notice, we kindly ask you to keep this period free. Unfortunately, preferred appointment times cannot usually be considered for organisational reasons. Selection will occur exclusively online via video conference. To attend the video conference, please complete the form "Statement of attendance at the virtual selection meeting" which can be found in the DAAD portal under "Options – Video conference statement" and upload it to the same location in the portal by 21/12/2020 at the latest. Please inform us immediately if you wish to withdraw your application. We wish you luck with the upcoming selection procedure.

I AM FREAKING OUTTTTT and will die until February!

Best of luck for you all!

I got the same notice back in October also for All Academic Disciplines. Just now, my status changed from "paper copies received" to "preselection made" and I got an invitation to a video conference that will be held in a week! They also state that within two weeks after the interview, I will know the final results of my application. Good luck everyone!

50 minutes ago, ImyImy said:

I got the same notice back in October also for All Academic Disciplines. Just now, my status changed from "paper copies received" to "preselection made" and I got an invitation to a video conference that will be held in a week! They also state that within two weeks after the interview, I will know the final results of my application. Good luck everyone!

How long did it take for them to change your status? Did you apply for the summer or winter semester? Sorry for all the questions, I am just super stressed out. Good luck to you on the interview :) I am sure you will rock it and get the scholarship.

21 minutes ago, Arli said:

How long did it take for them to change your status? Did you apply for the summer or winter semester? Sorry for all the questions, I am just super stressed out. Good luck to you on the interview :) I am sure you will rock it and get the scholarship.

My bad, it wasn't October, it was December, so it took about a month. I applied for the winter semester. The date of my interview is actually one of the two possible dates stated in the initial message, so that would be the 17/02/2021 to 18/02/2021 in your case I assume. I was notified 7 days before my interview. Thank you, I'm sure you will too! 

Hey everyone, 

For those of you who got asked to upload your portfolio in PDF format, did you get any sort of confirmation that they received it?

I uploaded it to the DAAD Canto platform and the file showed up on the folder. But there was no green tick or any sort of confirmation... was that the same for everyone?

Hi everyone, I applied for the "Postgraduate Studies in the Fields of Fine Art, Film, Design/Visual Communication and Film, 2021/22" scholarship aiming for a Communication Design MA in Muthesius, HAW Hamburg, or BURG Halle. I submitted both online and physical applications before the deadline and the physical app's tracking number says it was recieved and signed by DAAD but my DAAD portal's update still doesn't show the "papers recieved" neither the "preselection made" bit; it's still at "application submitted" status IIRC...I'm not sure if I should worry but I sent an email asking to the Latin America DAAD office just in case ?

Hi Everyone,

I have applied to Research Grants- Doctoral Programmes and have same situation, still the status is "application submitted'   

On 1/6/2021 at 8:20 PM, Ayhem said:

Hi Everyone,

I have applied to Research Grants- Doctoral Programmes and have same situation, still the status is "application submitted'   

I am in this situation too. I had an interview 3 weeks ago, but the status is still "application submitted".

On 1/4/2021 at 7:10 PM, ImyImy said:

My bad, it wasn't October, it was December, so it took about a month. I applied for the winter semester. The date of my interview is actually one of the two possible dates stated in the initial message, so that would be the 17/02/2021 to 18/02/2021 in your case I assume. I was notified 7 days before my interview. Thank you, I'm sure you will too! 

Thank you!

Hi everyone!

I'm applying to master's scholarship for all disciplines (out of Western Europe). I just received the notice 'paper copies received', together with the message that my application is complete and will be considered in the selection proces. Fingers crossed!

14 hours ago, Ayodele said:

I applied for Research Grant - Doctoral Programme but I'm yet to be interviewed nor have a change in the application status. Any update for Africa applicants.

Hey Ayodele! I also applied for the Research Grant - Doctoral Programme and yet did not get any answer. I applied from Turkey, hope that everything's OK with our application...

41 minutes ago, ImyImy said:

LOL I had my interview for Master for All Academic Disciplines (mid January) and they mentioned I won't be getting any results until April. Ridiculous. 

Well, at least you know something and have some official information, you are not kept in the dark like the rest of us ?

Judging from the previous years, great majority of applicants receive the final decision in April, so it's not uncommon.

New update in my application submitted in November - application status just changed to 'paper copies received' (January) and I also received letter stating that the final decision will be made in March, thus the official results will come out in April.

On 1/14/2021 at 2:47 PM, BeKay said:

Hey Ayodele! I also applied for the Research Grant - Doctoral Programme and yet did not get any answer. I applied from Turkey, hope that everything's OK with our application...

Hi! I also applied for the PhD Scholarship, Research Grant-Doctoral Programme and my status changed from "Application Submitted" to "Paper Copies Received" two days ago. By the way, I applied from Turkey, too. 

1 hour ago, ba1313 said:

Hi! I also applied for the PhD Scholarship, Research Grant-Doctoral Programme and my status changed from "Application Submitted" to "Paper Copies Received" two days ago. By the way, I applied from Turkey, too. 

Hi, that's great! Did you receive an e-mail? Or were you informed by the system? I wish you good luck!

On 1/15/2021 at 10:01 AM, ImyImy said:

LOL I had my interview for Master for All Academic Disciplines (mid January) and they mentioned I won't be getting any results until April. Ridiculous. 

Congrats on finally getting it over with. Hope you get good results. How was the interview? Was it long? Did they ask many questions? 

14 hours ago, BeKay said:

Hi, that's great! Did you receive an e-mail? Or were you informed by the system? I wish you good luck!

Thanks, I received an e-mail telling me to check the system and then I noticed the change of status when I logged in. 

8 minutes ago, BeKay said:

Hi everyone!
My status changed to "paper copies received". Does this mean that all my documents are complete? Or will they inform me about missing documents?

Hey BeKay, you will probably receive a notification in the portal saying that your application is complete and will be considered in the selection process.

That will be in the messages section of the application and funding overview page.

27 minutes ago, JJ2888 said:

Hey BeKay, you will probably receive a notification in the portal saying that your application is complete and will be considered in the selection process.

That will be in the messages section of the application and funding overview page.

Thank you so much, JJ2888 :) 

On 1/8/2021 at 1:38 PM, Sara Mir said:

I am in this situation too. I had an interview 3 weeks ago, but the status is still "application submitted".

Hi Sara, 

I didn't get an interview yet which I worry about (I don't Know if it requires in my country ).

Is there any updated status for your application? my still same application submitted

Good luck