DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

On 3/18/2021 at 12:01 PM, StellarWind said:

Hi! I have applied for DAAD individual doctoral fellowship too. I'm from Ukraine where there were no interviews for PhD candidates. Today my status changed to 'selection made' too. However, it doesn't say anything. It just means that the decision was already made. Whether it is funding or rejection -- unknown. We have to wait a bit more and keep our fingers crossed!

I am from Cuba, I wrote to my region coordinator and she told that the decision was taken but it has not reached her desk yet.  That we will have an answer in ten days approximately. So,  waiting 

22 hours ago, nanap said:

People from ARTS, DESGIN & FILM have you received any news????????? I just got an email saying that as for the next step of my application I should upload some work samples I sent through post. My status still says "paper copies received" so maybe they haven't checked my application and they will do it virtually? Has anyone received a similar message? or another type of notification? does this mean I'm still in?? aaaa so confusing

Hello! I'm also from ARTS, DESIGN & FILM and I didn't receive any notification yet, just the confirmation of my application on November. My status is also "paper copies received". However, I read at this forum some people had received a notification saying they were selected to the next round and the decision would be taken a few weeks later. Is anyone at the same situatuon of mine? 

Last year the results came out on March 13rd, so I was expecting it would be near that too this year. Good luck to everybody!

28 minutes ago, Arli said:

They will be out at the end of Mach or mid Arpil, as said by the daad officials

What region are you from? I am in the LatinAmerican/ Caribbean region and I was told in a week or so.

3 hours ago, Caue said:

Hello! I'm also from ARTS, DESIGN & FILM and I didn't receive any notification yet, just the confirmation of my application on November. My status is also "paper copies received". However, I read at this forum some people had received a notification saying they were selected to the next round and the decision would be taken a few weeks later. Is anyone at the same situatuon of mine? 

Last year the results came out on March 13rd, so I was expecting it would be near that too this year. Good luck to everybody!

What im usure is if it’s really a “next round” or just part of the portfolio review process that changed due to the pandemic. I’m thinking this because I have to upload the works I sent in my portfolio through post and my status still says paper copies received...  

unless someone else has gotten rejection, I’d believe they’re still in the pre-selection process

On 3/19/2021 at 10:39 AM, phanchris5 said:

From Viet Nam and I'm still waiting, lmao, however all of my admission are rejected =)), I don't know if I could get this scholarship and wait for the next semester =))

Sorry to hear that. I don’t know you can ask to wait for the next semester, in case if you are awarded with a scholarship. Maybe it’s possible.

Hello..

Any Kenya (Sub Saharan Africa) in the house...My status changed from "paper copies received" to "selection made" on Thursday and it has been that way. Though I know another person who received a rejection on Thursday.

1 hour ago, Dimba said:

Hello..

Any Kenya (Sub Saharan Africa) in the house...My status changed from "paper copies received" to "selection made" on Thursday and it has been that way. Though I know another person who received a rejection on Thursday.

What scholarship are u applying to?

10 hours ago, Caue said:

Hi! I am in the same situation! My status is "paper copies received" and it hasn't changed. I also didn't receive any news regarding my application. I believe that it's taking them longer this year because of the pandemic.

Hoping for the best. Good luck guys!!

53 minutes ago, Dimba said:

Research grants-Doctoral programs in Germany

I am also from Kenya... I applied for the same and my status hasn't changed.. Though at some point I was called and requested to change from "research grants - doctoral programs in Germany" to "kenyan - German postgraduate training program"... And the daad representative changed my application to that... Anxiety is killing me ooh

4 hours ago, Joym said:

I am also from Kenya... I applied for the same and my status hasn't changed.. Though at some point I was called and requested to change from "research grants - doctoral programs in Germany" to "kenyan - German postgraduate training program"... And the daad representative changed my application to that... Anxiety is killing me ooh

It is the same with me coz some people who had " selection made" at some point had been rejected at some point....let's just pray and have patients...if it was meant for u or me we will eventually get it...By the way did u attend an interview in January?...U can try contacting the daad rep who made u do the changes, there could be a reason for doing so. By the way have u had on any other guy who applied and got funding?

45 minutes ago, Dimba said:

It is the same with me coz some people who had " selection made" at some point had been rejected at some point....let's just pray and have patients...if it was meant for u or me we will eventually get it...By the way did u attend an interview in January?...U can try contacting the daad rep who made u do the changes, there could be a reason for doing so. By the way have u had on any other guy who applied and got funding?

Let's be patient then.. Yes I did my interview in January... The moderator of the interview was the one who called me to change around 2 weeks after the interview... The time they were shortlisting for the final selection... I know no one who applied for the same.. 

36 minutes ago, Joym said:

Let's be patient then.. Yes I did my interview in January... The moderator of the interview was the one who called me to change around 2 weeks after the interview... The time they were shortlisting for the final selection... I know no one who applied for the same.. 

Fine...try reaching the daad rep to get to know what is going on.

36 minutes ago, Dimba said:

Fine...try reaching the daad rep to get to know what is going on.

Yah... I will do that next week... But for the change of my scholarship program, she gave me the reasons as to why they felt I should change.. 

37 minutes ago, Joym said:

Yah... I will do that next week... But for the change of my scholarship program, she gave me the reasons as to why they felt I should change.. 

Sawasawa...what was the reason?

Hello everyone:

Any notification for the Research Grants - Doctoral Programs in Germany scholarship, 2021/22?

My status is "Preselection made" and my end date changed from 08/31/2024 to 08/31/2022.

When will the results come out?

I am from Colombia, I hope everything goes well.

Successes to all in your process.

Edited by JFCB

3 hours ago, Dimba said:

Sawasawa...what was the reason?

That research grants is very competitive and since I am competing against the entire east african region my chances of getting it are minimal... The other one is for Kenyans only and I qualify to apply... I was then asked if I wished to change to the Kenyan one.. .. 

31 minutes ago, AnnW said:

Hi everyone! My status changed from "Selection Made" to blank last Thursday, and then to "Funding" on Friday! I applied for a Cotutelle long term doctoral Research Grant. So excited! Good luck to everyone else!!

What region or country are you from? Congratulations ?