DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

13 hours ago, Ufora said:

I sent you a private message! (not that I'm not willing to share it publicly, it's just hella long and detailed hahahaha)

Hello! I'm sorry if you've already been asked too many times, but could you help me as well? I also got rejected earlier this year and I was searching for helpful advices. Also, congratulations on being awarded!

5 hours ago, BooKeep said:

Hello! I'm sorry if you've already been asked too many times, but could you help me as well? I also got rejected earlier this year and I was searching for helpful advices. Also, congratulations on being awarded!

No problem! I'll gladly send what I sent to @HumbdĀ to everyone who asks :)Ā 

On 6/22/2021 at 7:24 PM, Humbd said:

Hey, guys. Still trying to figure out what to do, but will definitely try DAAD's scholarship again.Ā 

Wanted to know from you that got the scholarship: which things would you say that contributed to be selected? Any advice on the motivation letter and the CV? Any comments regarding the application?Ā 

Hugs! āœØ

I wanted to do this and let it be open so people in the future can read and think about it. I felt so lonely during this process and wouldā€™ve been helpful to know more about it.

First of all, start as soon as you can. I heard about the scholarship in August and thats when I started trying to write the motivation letter, cv and doing the portfolio.

I have really high scores at university. I alsoĀ worked during my studies, at my own company. I did an exchange program and also have a minor degree. At the summer I did some summer courses at the university I wanted to study at.

I also hired some help, I did a consultation with a former daad scholarship holder and he helped me writing my motivation letter. I took a long time thinking about life goals, choosing the experiences that was worth telling and trying to explain not only what I did, but what I learned with them. I highlighted the skills I got with each experience I had, during university classes, work, summer school, and so one. I tried to explain in detail what I did in my former studies and what I want to do next. I really studied the university program, and could explain in detail why do I want to study at this university. What does this master has to offer me, the research they do, the classesā€¦

For my cv I found a professorā€™s one at the university website and used it as a guide.

I did the german test (it was not required because of covid, my course is in German.) and got also high scores.Ā 

I sended 3 recomendation letters, one from my home university, the professor who was my advisor for my baā€™s final project. One from a professor at the university I did the exchange program (it was a national one), I also worked as an assistant to this professor so she wroteĀ about that as well. (I actually asked her to let me be her assistant because of this application and I had a great time and did a lot of networking with that)Ā The last one was from an international professor that I got to know during a course I did over the summer.Ā 

Itā€™s a lot, but if you are still in university think about what you can do to make your history more appealing. Think about summer courses, if you can do them in Germany at the university you want to study at, better. Try getting some work experience and a letter from a employer.Ā 
Ā 

I hope that helps! Try your best, at the end I felt really happy with the results and also more confident in life. Wishing you all the luck!Ā 

I second @Clarls advice, that's mostly what I would say as well, but I'm also here to calm you down if you're feeling a bit overwhelmed ?Ā  For example, I only found out about the scholarship 2 weeks before the deadline. Luckily, I had most of my documents already in place. Then, the only work I really had to do was figure out which programs I wanted to apply for and write a very convincing motivation letter. Here I didn't really have any help, just tried being as specific as possible with my goals and plans! I only had one recommendation letter since it was required by the DAAD. It was a special form that my professorĀ had to fill out and send to Brussels; I don't think they would have accepted any other recommendation letters. My CV is also not that impressive; having been focussed on my studies I don't have a lot of longĀ working experience, mostly a few volunteering gigs.Ā It all just comes down to really explaining the skills each experience (however small) taught you and how they will help you in Germany. Anything is possible! You got thisĀ 

Wow thank you guys for sharing your experience! I think in your case the motivation letter is really what they are looking at... I was a bit disappointed because in my case (short term research) they didn't ask for a proper motivation letter, they just wanted to seeĀ my research project and CV + letter of acceptance from my german supervisor... so it's a little bit harder to stand out among so many applicants! Fingers crossed though, and congrats forĀ your achievement! :)

18 hours ago, Ics98 said:

Does anyone have any news about Spain for the masters of all disciplines??

Status is still paper copies received but I gave up a long time ago, I wasn't invited to any interview.Ā 

On 7/2/2021 at 11:16 AM, In. said:

Status is still paper copies received but I gave up a long time ago, I wasn't invited to any interview.Ā 

Yep, status changed to application rejected.

Hi!

I got rejected because apparently "The form "Information about your preferred master programmes" was missing in the application documents."

Does anybody know what form they are talking about here?

EDIT: Never mind I found it. Man what a shame being rejected because I forgot to upload a document

Edited by elcocodrilotito
updated info

2 hours ago, elcocodrilotito said:

Hi!

I got rejected because apparently "The form "Information about your preferred master programmes" was missing in the application documents."

Does anybody know what form they are talking about here?

EDIT: Never mind I found it. Man what a shame being rejected because I forgot to upload a document

That's so weird! From my experience, they tell you if you're missing any documents? Ugh

9 hours ago, elcocodrilotito said:

lcs98 I see you are from Spain. Did you also miss to upload the form "Information about your preferred master programmes"?

Hi! I also got the rejection letter but they didn't give me any reason...

1 hour ago, Ics98 said:

No, mine was a standard rejection, They didn't really explainĀ 

Ā 

2 hours ago, Sara13 said:

Hi! I also got the rejection letter but they didn't give me any reason...

Ā 

Well I'm sorry guys. Although I think we can apply for next year's scholarship even if we are already in the Master

2 minutes ago, elcocodrilotito said:

Ā 

Ā 

Well I'm sorry guys. Although I think we can apply for next year's scholarship even if we are already in the Master

Yeah, you can, I already did that this year, so it was my last chance. Definitely try next year, I wish you all good luck with it!

On 6/21/2021 at 5:48 PM, LaSol said:

Hey everyone! Anyone applying for the Research Short Term Grant? My status is "preselection made".Ā 

Ā 

Hello! Do you have any news? I also applied for Research Short Term Grant and I have the preselction made status since April and no more changes. I'm from Mexico.Ā 

Ā 

1 minute ago, Tete1122 said:

Hello! Do you have any news? I also applied for Research Short Term Grant and I have the preselction made status since April and no more changes. I'm from Mexico.Ā 

Ā 

Apparently results are going to be published these week... but that's no formal information.

12 hours ago, LaSol said:

Apparently results are going to be published these week... but that's no formal information.

I hope it's true bc the wait is unbearable! I just want it to be overĀ ?

Hey all! Last friday I received a message through the portal telling me that I have won the scholarship, even though my status is still "selection made". I expect it to change to funding in the next few days or so... They've told me the award letter should be on its way. So glad the wait is over! Should anybody need tips on how to write their proposal for the short term research grants let me know, in the meantime I wish you all the best of luck and I'm glad to have found you guys through this forums bc the anxiety is rrreal!! :D