DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

16 minutes ago, MagicBox said:

Thank you!
I am not conviced at all about how the interview went though? There were 3 Italian professors and 1 from the DAAD, and one of the professors was very rude since the beginning. I hope it was just a strategy to test my personality or something like that ahah otherwise I can't explain why he was so rude and aggressive.

Did any of you had the same experience with the interview?

Haha it totally was a stress interview! It's just a technique to test how you react under pressure ? Don't worry too much about it, he probably did it with everybody

23 minutes ago, Martacapp said:

Haha it totally was a stress interview! It's just a technique to test how you react under pressure ? Don't worry too much about it, he probably did it with everybody

I hope you're right ahahha. It was my first scholarship interview ever and I did not expect an aggressive behaviour ? 

3 hours ago, PravinPra said:

Hello, Is the "Research Grants – Doctoral Programmes in Germany" scholarship only provided on the yearly basis as opposed to 4-year scholarship? 

Hope you have a great day ahead. Stay safe!

Yah... It's Renewed on a yearly basis

Called the Brussels office yesterday for news about the results and they said they'd ask in Bonn. Today I got an email from someone in Bonn that basically said the same thing as the message in the portal from 5 weeks ago:

Delays due to covid. The results "sind eingegangen" (were received) and are being processed right now. "Sie erhalten in Kürze Nachricht." = You'll be notified *soon*. Is that better or worse than "this week or the next"? ? I'm not quite sure 

They put Wolfgang Gairing in CC though! He's the head of the Western, Central and Southern Europe programs. So they got my e-mail and they for sure know we're an anxious bunch right now ;) Let's keep up the pressure!

1 hour ago, Ufora said:

Called the Brussels office yesterday for news about the results and they said they'd ask in Bonn. Today I got an email from someone in Bonn that basically said the same thing as the message in the portal from 5 weeks ago:

Delays due to covid. The results "sind eingegangen" (were received) and are being processed right now. "Sie erhalten in Kürze Nachricht." = You'll be notified *soon*. Is that better or worse than "this week or the next"? ? I'm not quite sure 

They put Wolfgang Gairing in CC though! He's the head of the Western, Central and Southern Europe programs. So they got my e-mail and they for sure know we're an anxious bunch right now ;) Let's keep up the pressure!

Apparently our offices sent them the reply some time ago. My country office said that my results should be expected in May (so they sent around this time). 

20 hours ago, Sara13 said:

Hi! Yeah, I know, I'm from Spain and my status changed to 'paper copies received' very recently (like less than 2 weeks ago). And I actually asked them if I should consider myself out by this point without the interview, and this is the reply I got, so I really don't know. I honestly think I'm not getting it

Hey Sara, I asked about the interview for Spanish candidates an this was the reply:

"En este año, debido a la crisis sanitaria NO habrá entrevistas finales y después de la fase de selección formal, la selección por parte de los evaluadores del DAAD y la selección final, los comunicados tanto de concesión/denegación de beca serán emitidos a través del Portal de solicitudes previsiblemente entre los meses de junio y julio"

So we are all still in the same boat I guess

1 hour ago, Ics98 said:

Hey Sara, I asked about the interview for Spanish candidates an this was the reply:

"En este año, debido a la crisis sanitaria NO habrá entrevistas finales y después de la fase de selección formal, la selección por parte de los evaluadores del DAAD y la selección final, los comunicados tanto de concesión/denegación de beca serán emitidos a través del Portal de solicitudes previsiblemente entre los meses de junio y julio"

So we are all still in the same boat I guess

Hey! Thank you! I asked yesterday and just got the same reply. Good luck! and I hope we receive the results soon :)

1 hour ago, giulssd said:

Italians, I just received this message from Bonn. My question was if I should have considered myself out if I did not have an interview... I'm so confused right now

IMG_7309.PNG

For those who need a translation:

There were no personal selection meetings in March
The selection committee assessed your application on the basis of the documents submitted and additional reports
So it was a pure paper selection with no personal preference
I cannot tell you anything about the results until the process is officially completed

WAAAAAAA maybe there is still hope!!! I am keeping all my finger crossed and I really hope that is true! That would be a truly amazing plot twist ahahahah

Hopefully we won't have to wait two weeks

32 minutes ago, _Bea_ said:

For those who need a translation:

There were no personal selection meetings in March
The selection committee assessed your application on the basis of the documents submitted and additional reports
So it was a pure paper selection with no personal preference
I cannot tell you anything about the results until the process is officially completed

WAAAAAAA maybe there is still hope!!! I am keeping all my finger crossed and I really hope that is true! That would be a truly amazing plot twist ahahahah

Hopefully we won't have to wait two weeks

Thanks for the translation, I totally forgot about it ? I don't know guys, I don't want to  be disappointed (again)... I hope the results will be out soon, can't stand this silence anymore

1 hour ago, giulssd said:

Thanks for the translation, I totally forgot about it ? I don't know guys, I don't want to  be disappointed (again)... I hope the results will be out soon, can't stand this silence anymore

She's the same woman who answered my e-mail yesterday! Poor thing, 99% of her job is probably answering our panicked / politely annoyed e-mails ?  hahahahah

14 hours ago, giulssd said:

Italians, I just received this message from Bonn. My question was if I should have considered myself out if I did not have an interview... I'm so confused right now

IMG_7309.PNG

God, they're so poorly organized hahahah I bet the Bonn people don't even know that the Italian DAAD decided to do the interviews. Anyways, we'll see what happens! Even though the Italian document was very clear about the preselection with interview, so I don't really get much hope out of this email...

1 hour ago, Joym said:

@Dimbahave you started the language course? I haven't received my award letter so I am a bit worried.. 

Hello Joym...Yeah we have started the language classes...the second week of our study was Friday....what could be the problem, have tried contacting them regarding your letter of award?

4 hours ago, Dimba said:

Hello Joym...Yeah we have started the language classes...the second week of our study was Friday....what could be the problem, have tried contacting them regarding your letter of award?

Hi Dimba,

I would like to know how is the time schedule for the German course. Did they allow you to choose the time of the day you prefer to do it? 
Thank you in advance, I am trying to plan my life ahead only knowing that my course starts in August.

4 hours ago, Dimba said:

Apparently, there is a contract they are to sign between daad and Kenyan government.. So it's like the government is delaying the process..

1 hour ago, Clarl said:

Hi Dimba,

I would like to know how is the time schedule for the German course. Did they allow you to choose the time of the day you prefer to do it? 
Thank you in advance, I am trying to plan my life ahead only knowing that my course starts in August.

Hello Clarl...we were allowed to choose the best for our case for the 2 available slots...I chose 1600hrs- 1845hrs German time. The other slot comes a little early.

1 hour ago, Joym said:

Apparently, there is a contract they are to sign between daad and Kenyan government.. So it's like the government is delaying the process..

That's uncalled for on the government's side...I would have expected the government to act faster considering this assist some of the challenges they are experiencing...So the option Anja proposed for you worked eventually.

8 minutes ago, Dimba said:

That's uncalled for on the government's side...I would have expected the government to act faster considering this assist some of the challenges they are experiencing...So the option Anja proposed for you worked eventually.

Sometimes I fail to understand how our government offices work.. The option worked but they can't do their part before the government commits

18 minutes ago, Dimba said:

Hello Clarl...we were allowed to choose the best for our case for the 2 available slots...I chose 1600hrs- 1845hrs German time. The other slot comes a little early.

That's a good option.. At least you can plan your schedule especially if you are working

3 hours ago, Dimba said:

Thank you Dimba! Trying to plan ahead after many months of waiting. Thanks for sharing

3 hours ago, Ryanpinoy said:

I just saw my DAAD Portal status after 3 months from application Submitted to Selection made. 

WHAT DOES IT MEAN? DOESNT IT MEAN THAT I have a big chance of getting the scholarship?

thank you very much and hoping everyone is receiving an update now. 

Hmmm someone who either got or didn't get the scholarship should help us out here! I believe it just means that the DAAD have made the decision / selection ("selection made") and that they will announce the results soon. But on the other hand, they told me that the selection for Belgium had been made as well but my status is still "paper copies received", so why don't they put "selection made"? Very weird... Anyone have any help for @Ryanpinoy? ?