DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

30 minutes ago, av9ha6 said:

And today is again a bank holiday in Germany,Fronleichnam. So it's only tomorrow this week, but that is Friday so I don't see much chance to get results. See you next week ??

Didn't know about it, thanks for sharing! Don't know how to comment more about it anymore, we should just keep on waiting. 

5 minutes ago, Daria_Ts said:

I've got some news! 
Yesterday I wrote a message and asked, how soon the results will be announced. Ms Hermanns answered, that official results will come, but she "has heard" I will not be awarded a grant. So, no hope for me anymore :( Now I can wait only for my rejection letter, but you all still have a chance and it won't take long! 

I'm sorry about it ? don't give up anyway, and try to look for something else! Still, just wait for the official response first. ??

58 minutes ago, Cam31 said:

Didn't know about it, thanks for sharing! Don't know how to comment more about it anymore, we should just keep on waiting. 

I'm sorry about it ? don't give up anyway, and try to look for something else! Still, just wait for the official response first. ??

Thank you. I won't give up just like that:) though it really hurts, this scholarship was my goal for two years and I even learned German to be a better candidate ? 
Let's wait for the official response and I hope someone here will get the grant! 

1 hour ago, Daria_Ts said:

Thank you. I won't give up just like that:) though it really hurts, this scholarship was my goal for two years and I even learned German to be a better candidate ? 
Let's wait for the official response and I hope someone here will get the grant! 

I'm sorry, Daria.. ?  In any case knowing German is always an amazing skill! It will certainly come in handy, whether you find your way to Germany or not! Keep up the determined spirit, your never know what's still on your path! 

2 hours ago, Daria_Ts said:

I am sorry to hear that! I can relate so much with you, have also been preparing for this for 2 years now. 
Hope you still find your way to do the master! You can start and try the scholarship for the second year, maybe. Also with the students visa you can work part time... I know is not ideal, but it is what I am planning to do if I do enter the master. 

32 minutes ago, Clarl said:

I am sorry to hear that! I can relate so much with you, have also been preparing for this for 2 years now. 
Hope you still find your way to do the master! You can start and try the scholarship for the second year, maybe. Also with the students visa you can work part time... I know is not ideal, but it is what I am planning to do if I do enter the master. 

Thank you! I'm sure you did a great job! The plan is nice, a part-time job can really help. I know some people who did it that way.
I would definitely do it too, but now I don't have enough money to get the german student's visa. So maybe I'll postpone my studies and simply save up more.

2 hours ago, Ufora said:

I'm sorry, Daria.. ?  In any case knowing German is always an amazing skill! It will certainly come in handy, whether you find your way to Germany or not! Keep up the determined spirit, your never know what's still on your path! 

Thanks for your support! ? 

1 minute ago, Lilolello said:

hi everyone,

I called today the DAAD office responsible for Western, Northern and Southern Europe and the person told me that the selection procedure is finalized now, but all the results have to go through a process of approval and only afterwards the results will be communicated to us. The person said 'you'll get the results soon' and by soon she meant this week or next week at the latest (and she added a hopefully at the end :(((( ). So yeah, it sounds like it can be one or two more weeks. I am soooo desperate to get some clarity for my future at this point ?

P.S: I applied from the Netherlands, for the All disciplines Master scholarship

Myyyyyy God.... Incredible.... Oh this is breaking my heart.. ? I can't take another week

22 minutes ago, Lilolello said:

hi everyone,

I called today the DAAD office responsible for Western, Northern and Southern Europe and the person told me that the selection procedure is finalized now, but all the results have to go through a process of approval and only afterwards the results will be communicated to us. The person said 'you'll get the results soon' and by soon she meant this week or next week at the latest (and she added a hopefully at the end :(((( ). So yeah, it sounds like it can be one or two more weeks. I am soooo desperate to get some clarity for my future at this point ?

P.S: I applied from the Netherlands, for the All disciplines Master scholarship

Jez I was about to phone them myself. Thanks that you've done it and shared this answer with us too! What you've written sounds pretty encouraging I would say ??

1 minute ago, Lilolello said:

Not a problem! Although I'm so sick of getting the same response for the past 3 (???!) months, I guess now we now that it really is final stretch. And maybe, just maybe, by some sort of a miracle we'll get the results this week???

So, the main problem at this point (in my opinion, ofcourse) is that the possibility of planning/organizing should be given at the earliest. My results should have been already announced one month ago. At the moment I don't know how to plan my life further, in terms of research or work. The whole thing is a bit unrespectful, but actually, I don't know how difficult/long these processes could be/take up, so I'm trying to be respectful and grateful still.

20 minutes ago, Caue said:

Someone knows anything about the Fine Art/ Design/ Visual Communication/ Film Postgraduate Studies Scholarships results?

Nothing for me... still paper copies received. 

15 minutes ago, Cam31 said:

So, the main problem at this point (in my opinion, ofcourse) is that the possibility of planning/organizing should be given at the earliest. My results should have been already announced one month ago. At the moment I don't know how to plan my life further, in terms of research or work. The whole thing is a bit unrespectful, but actually, I don't know how difficult/long these processes could be/take up, so I'm trying to be respectful and grateful still.

I agree with you. Usually the answer for the art program is in March! Plenty of time to organize and plan stuff. I am also worried about the german course, as they are so behind will they offer us less course then they usually ofer?! Would it be more hours a day? 
I guess if they are so late, like this, they have to make changes and adjust. Hire more people, I don’t know. Is not that the pandemic stroke this year... I understand it makes things harder, but we did apply on time and managed to fulfill all the requirements during very hard times...

15 minutes ago, Clarl said:

I agree with you. Usually the answer for the art program is in March! Plenty of time to organize and plan stuff. I am also worried about the german course, as they are so behind will they offer us less course then they usually ofer?! Would it be more hours a day? 
I guess if they are so late, like this, they have to make changes and adjust. Hire more people, I don’t know. Is not that the pandemic stroke this year... I understand it makes things harder, but we did apply on time and managed to fulfill all the requirements during very hard times...

I agree with all of your points. I have already made my application in my chosen university, they called me for the last interview. But I still dont know if I'm gonna accept it or not (it depends on the result of DAAD). My status is also paper copies received.

39 minutes ago, Cam31 said:

@Humbd don't miss @Lilolello's post! I think is an important thing. ??

Oh, Cam, thank you so much. I just saw your notification on my phone. Glad that you remembered me! 

And I think good things are coming, despite all of this. Hopefully everybody here receives a good sign. And that we meet in Germany for a cup of coffee

Edited by Humbd

1 hour ago, Clarl said:

I'm quite scared/worried about the German course timetable... let's hope about some flexibility!

50 minutes ago, Humbd said:

Oh, Cam, thank you so much. I just saw your notification on my phone. Glad that you remembered me! 

And I think good things are coming, despite all of this. Hopefully everybody here receives a good sign. And that we meet in Germany for a cup of coffee

No probs at all! I don't remember where exactly are you planning to study, hopefully I'm going to be in Berlin ???? 

12 hours ago, Cam31 said:

I'm quite scared/worried about the German course timetable... let's hope about some flexibility!

No probs at all! I don't remember where exactly are you planning to study, hopefully I'm going to be in Berlin ???? 

I can't stop thinking about that either. I really wanted the 6 month course but know it's impossible. Let's wait and see what solution they have for us. My anxiety is over the roof with this waiting!

Haha, I feel like we all have to get together after this for some coffee jfc!

48 minutes ago, alethia_ said:

I can't stop thinking about that either. I really wanted the 6 month course but know it's impossible. Let's wait and see what solution they have for us. My anxiety is over the roof with this waiting!

Haha, I feel like we all have to get together after this for some coffee jfc!

Was it a 6 month class? I didn't even know that. ?? Well, let's see if something happens today (?!)

It's really crossing all lines. How more time they need to tell us these results? I can't believe I didn't make it before I see the official rejection letter ?
Also, yesterday I received an invitation for the entrance exam from the university. It's funny, but somehow the university was able to select candidates for one week (!). Just one week of waiting! Compare it to the months we're waiting for DAAD... I hope this agony will end soon guys! 

16 hours ago, Cam31 said:

Hopefully Osnabrück or Nuremberg