DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

@Italians, I got an update via the portal for the short term PhD research grants.

"Your application is complete and will be considered in the selection process. A funding decision will be made at the selection meeting in June 2021 on the basis of the submitted documents. We will inform you of the outcome as a rule approximately within three weeks after the meeting in writing."

my status is still application submitted. If the meeting will be held in June, I assume we will get our results in July?

42 minutes ago, Ufora said:

@Martacapp Hey! I don't know if this helps but you can see in the DAAD's annual reports how many people they funded from each country. For example in 2019, 49 Italian Master students received indivual funding, for example. In Belgium, my case, there were only 3 :") That statistic helped keep my expectations in check. But I agree, top grades and study abroad seems like exactly what they're looking for... Let's just keep waiting it out huh... 

Thanks! it was very interesting! I found that the most founded students study political sciences or languages... Well, in this case I have no idea what are they looking for in applicants ? I study languages, lived in Germany for one semester, and my grades are excellent ?

14 minutes ago, Valyti said:

@Italians, I got an update via the portal for the short term PhD research grants.

"Your application is complete and will be considered in the selection process. A funding decision will be made at the selection meeting in June 2021 on the basis of the submitted documents. We will inform you of the outcome as a rule approximately within three weeks after the meeting in writing."

my status is still application submitted. If the meeting will be held in June, I assume we will get our results in July?

Hi! When did you apply?

1 hour ago, Ufora said:

@Martacapp Hey! I don't know if this helps but you can see in the DAAD's annual reports how many people they funded from each country. For example in 2019, 49 Italian Master students received indivual funding, for example. In Belgium, my case, there were only 3 :") That statistic helped keep my expectations in check. But I agree, top grades and study abroad seems like exactly what they're looking for... Let's just keep waiting it out huh... 

Wow, these are interesting! The average for Ireland over the 6 years is 1.8. I think what little hope I had is gone but better to have realistic expectations ? 

16 hours ago, Valyti said:

Hi! I applied from Austria in November for a long term PhD research grant, and I received the same letter saying that the scholarship meeting would be in March, and I'd get my results within three weeks after that. No news since then, only that they are busy because of COVID. Your results will not come before July then, and there are chances that mine won't either. 

Edited by av9ha6

16 hours ago, Valyti said:

Did you apply in March 2020 and you just received this e-mail? Or you applied in March 2021? 

6 hours ago, av9ha6 said:

Hi! I applied from Austria in November for a long term PhD research grant, and I received the same letter saying that the scholarship meeting would be in March, and I'd get my results within three weeks after that. No news since then, only that they are busy because of COVID. Your results will not come before July then, and there are chances that mine won't either. 

Omg I guess then maybe I shouldn't necessarily expect a result in July... Fingers crossed though!

6 hours ago, av9ha6 said:

Did you apply in March 2020 and you just received this e-mail? Or you applied in March 2021? 

March 2021 :)

However somebody in the forums was saying that they applied in November 2020 for the same scholarship and as of April 2021 still didn't have any news ? 

3 minutes ago, Valyti said:

Omg I guess then maybe I shouldn't necessarily expect a result in July... Fingers crossed though!

March 2021 :)

However somebody in the forums was saying that they applied in November 2020 for the same scholarship and as of April 2021 still didn't have any news ? 

Yes, fingers crossed for you too!

1 hour ago, Ufora said:

(Because we need even more memes)

DAAD 2 weeks ago: As of now we are still waiting for the last decisions to arrive. 

The last decisions:

Schermafbeelding 2021-05-19 om 12.51.05.png

58 minutes ago, Humbd said:

IMG_20210519_132512.jpg

I'm betting on a no-news week again, guys.

3 hours ago, _Bea_ said:

I am sure that if you ask them they will tell you that we'll get to know in two weeks time ?

I am waiting for the end of these "two weeks" since november ahhahaha

There are days that I just can’t anymore hahaha. 
at least when others get results it looks like results are near lol

3 hours ago, Clarl said:

There are days that I just can’t anymore hahaha. 
at least when others get results it looks like results are near lol

Exactly, it's been quiet for so long... I'm accepting @Cam31's prediction that we probably won't hear anything this week (again). If they don't tell us next week, aka before June (!), I'm gonna be real pissed off though. We've been waiting anxiously every week since April! June would be too much + university applications are starting to close so?

36 minutes ago, Ufora said:

Exactly, it's been quiet for so long... I'm accepting @Cam31's prediction that we probably won't hear anything this week (again). If they don't tell us next week, aka before June (!), I'm gonna be real pissed off though. We've been waiting anxiously every week since April! June would be too much + university applications are starting to close so?

I think you should apply anyway. Mine already closed and I applied. If you don’t get it and don’t want to go you can refuse it later. 

Just now, Clarl said:

I think you should apply anyway. Mine already closed and I applied. If you don’t get it and don’t want to go you can refuse it later. 

Yes, I definitely applied! But I noticed some other people on the forum were a bit hesitant..

1 hour ago, Ufora said:

This week is probably  off. Next Monday is bank holiday in Germany if I'm not mistaken, so it's gonna be only four days for work - not good for us. 

5 hours ago, av9ha6 said:

BTW I was selected 6 years ago for MA all disciplines, and I received the notification on 19 May 2015. So this May scheduling is not at all COVID related, seems like they are delayed most of the time. 

Don’t say that :(. If they are late due to Covid results will be out in December lol

14 hours ago, av9ha6 said:

BTW I was selected 6 years ago for MA all disciplines, and I received the notification on 19 May 2015. So this May scheduling is not at all COVID related, seems like they are delayed most of the time. 

Hi! Can I ask you if you had an interview before? Like in April

3 hours ago, giulssd said:

Hi! Can I ask you if you had an interview before? Like in April

Yes, I had. In February 2015. 

Just out of curiosity, what funding dates did you guys give DAAD? My masters course is 2 years and I think I asked for way too long, I just looked at my uni academic calendar and lectures actually finish way before the end of the funding dates i gave them :// whoops

22 minutes ago, Birdsong22 said:

Just out of curiosity, what funding dates did you guys give DAAD? My masters course is 2 years and I think I asked for way too long, I just looked at my uni academic calendar and lectures actually finish way before the end of the funding dates i gave them :// whoops

I did this two just said 24 months as this was the given length of the courses I applied for. I think they change the dates when funding is granted to the dates they provide for. 

13 minutes ago, Grá said:

I did this two just said 24 months as this was the given length of the courses I applied for. I think they change the dates when funding is granted to the dates they provide for. 

Oh that's relieving, I got a bit panicked there. Thank you