DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

Just now, adval said:

Yeah same it's been application submitted since submission, started to feel a bit worried about it can't lie. I've messaged them this morning, waiting for a reply now but they surely take their time ? 

Ah well we're in the same boat then - I reckon london office just changes to funding/rejection rtaher than filling in the 'paper copies recieved' or 'selection made' stages! 

Ah great, lmk if they reply please! When I emailed two weeks ago they said 'within 4 weeks' so hopefully only two weeks or less to go.

20 minutes ago, sofiamariiz said:

Hey! Anyone from Portugal applying for Masters in all disciplines? Any news?

My status is still "paper copies received" and no news at all... they didn't even say a deadline for the results! As anyone applied to universities yet? I think I will apply today but not knowing the results is pretty useless...

Thanks!!

I applied! 

Still the same status as you. I asked the Embassy and they said that results are usually published in May, but everything is up to the DAAD office in Bonn. 

18 minutes ago, germanmasters said:

hiya, mine's been application submitted the whole time, and yours? Have you emailed them about when they're gonna release results? I want to but already asked lol

Quick question: How did you go about contacting them? I'm not quite sure who I should contact and how? 

1 minute ago, Ufora said:

Quick question: How did you go about contacting them? I'm not quite sure who I should contact and how? 

There are details of an email for scholarship questions/communication on the London office website, each time I have emailed someone different in the office has replied 

Hi!

Today it's 5 months since I handed in my application ?  Good luck to those who are still waiting like me!
Has anyone from the Netherlands (or nearby) heard anything yet?

Edited by Narwhallaby
spelling

38 minutes ago, Narwhallaby said:

Hi!

Today it's 5 months since I handed in my application ?  Good luck to those who are still waiting like me!
Has anyone from the Netherlands (or nearby) heard anything yet?

Hoi, same here! No news from me from Belgium. Still 'paper copies received'. I sent an email to the Brussels offices on Friday though, just to their general address, not a specific person. I asked if they have any info at all on when results will be out. Let's hope for some news next week! (Realizing the irony of us saying this every single week ?)

On 4/30/2021 at 3:15 PM, junba said:

Hey guys

does anyone have cases whether reserved candidates got daad scholarships in the end?

and how it works?

Hi! I've read in FB posts of those who got scholarship after being reserved. One of them got after 2 weeks, another one 1 month later or so.

Have you been reserved? If so, we are in the same boat :) 

Hi guys, sorry for the silly question,but i still do not understand, do we have "medical data consent" and "insurance policy" options in the navigation menu right from the beginning or it appears in portal at some point ? I just can not say whether it was there always or it appeared as the status changed to "select. made"

Thank you

2 hours ago, kalys228 said:

Hi guys, sorry for the silly question,but i still do not understand, do we have "medical data consent" and "insurance policy" options in the navigation menu right from the beginning or it appears in portal at some point ? I just can not say whether it was there always or it appeared as the status changed to "select. made"

Thank you

My status is still "application submitted" and I do see these options ?

Hello everyone.
Does somebody know about the conditions of actually receiving the funding?
In the award letter, they say that the scholarschip will become 'active' only in case i will make it to the university that i marked as my 1st choice. But during the applying to DAAD, they required a special form where we had to make 3 choices, i.e. i thought i would have 2 spare options, just in case ?

Does somebody know how this works? 

9 minutes ago, oneuronaut said:

Hello everyone.
In the award letter, they say that the scholarschip will become 'active' only in case i will make it to the university that i marked as my 1st choice. But during the applying to DAAD, they required a special form where we had to make 3 choices, i.e. i thought i would have 2 spare options, just in case ?

I have no clue (sorry) but I hope this isn't the case... Since applying in November my second choice has kind of become my first, *if* I got the scholarship (big if) I'd be really bummed if I could only study my first option..

1 hour ago, oneuronaut said:

Hello everyone.

I have two friends that got this scholarship. You can go to one of your three options. You are not obligated to go with your first one.

7 minutes ago, Clarl said:

I have two friends that got this scholarship. You can go to one of your three options. You are not obligated to go with your first one.

Here's how it looks like. Would you happen to know whether they also have just one Uni in the letter?

Screenshot_20210502-142823~2.png

They told me you should be accepted to on of three universities, doesn't matter which one, just as soon as you know about the results, notify them. It can be your 3d choice, and you will still have your scholarship for that. Do you know what documents should be uploaded to the portal. I mean all my documents are in German, which I don't know, and the only thing that I could get from the translation was the "The Declaration of Award" within 4 weeks. However there is also an option for the "consent of Medical Data". Do you know what should be uploaded there, or what documents do they require from you to upload?

8 hours ago, oneuronaut said:

Here's how it looks like. Would you happen to know whether they also have just one Uni in the letter?

Screenshot_20210502-142823~2.png

Sorry I don’t know about the uni assist letter

4 hours ago, DKEAM said:

They told me you should be accepted to on of three universities, doesn't matter which one, just as soon as you know about the results, notify them. It can be your 3d choice, and you will still have your scholarship for that. Do you know what documents should be uploaded to the portal. I mean all my documents are in German, which I don't know, and the only thing that I could get from the translation was the "The Declaration of Award" within 4 weeks. However there is also an option for the "consent of Medical Data". Do you know what should be uploaded there, or what documents do they require from you to upload?

Thanks for the answer.

Yep, they sent you this declaration of award, you just have to upload it back to the portal without any changes.

The other thing you have to upload is the consent of processing your medical data, which you have to fill in before uploading.

Hello everyone! I am from the Philippines. Results are already out. If your result is: selection made, most likely, you are a reserve candidate. In my case, upon asking them, they informed me that I am a reserve candidate (my result is selection made too). 

Here are my questions:

1.) As a reserve candidate, what are the chances that you will get it?

2.) When are they going to release the result if some reserve candidates get a scholarship? How long should a reserve candidate wait?

Thank you! I wish you all success in your academic/scientific life.

16 minutes ago, e26nai said:

Here are my questions:

1.) As a reserve candidate, what are the chances that you will get it?

2.) When are they going to release the result if some reserve candidates get a scholarship? How long should a reserve candidate wait?

I don't have an answer but the answer to your second question probably depends on the deadline awarded candidates have for accepting/declining the scholarship. Maybe someone who has received an award letter can tell you the deadline they've been given.

I hope you get it!

Hello everyone. In the european countries DAAD offices they send the rejection and waiting list letters first and then the Acceptances or the way around ?

Thank you for the your answers.

Fingers crossed for every 1 waiting for results.

Hi everyone! 

I'm from Colombia I have applied to the Postgraduate Studies in the Fields of Fine Art, Film, Design/Visual Communication and Film, my aplication already said 

Initial funding Preselection mad

There is anyone in my same situation?? or thre is anyone from my country or maybe applying to the same scolarship who has already a response??

1 hour ago, Lucía González said:

Hi everyone! 

I'm from Colombia I have applied to the Postgraduate Studies in the Fields of Fine Art, Film, Design/Visual Communication and Film, my aplication already said 

There is anyone in my same situation?? or thre is anyone from my country or maybe applying to the same scolarship who has already a response??

Hi there, I'm not from Colombia but I'm from Latin America so we're part of the same region. I also have "Preselection made" as status since months ago, but no further updates so far. I asked via portal last week when results should be out and I was told chances are they'll be out within May. 

1 hour ago, Lucía González said:

Hi everyone! 

Yes! I'm from Central America and mine changed to preselection made about two weeks ago.  I think the preselection is regional. Someone else said that the results for this scholarship would be out in the second half of May :/