DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

4 hours ago, Autumn Equinox said:

Thanks very much! I finally found the number - it's on the application summary (the cover sheet to application, page 1, there's a "personal ID" number). It does start with 9 in my case. Not sure it's the same place you found it but I doubt it's a big deal anyway :).  Where are you going to study? 

I didn't even think to check there! 

The universities I'm applying to are in Berlin, Cologne and Potsdam, in that order ? What about you?

37 minutes ago, Ys8503 said:

I didn't even think to check there! 

The universities I'm applying to are in Berlin, Cologne and Potsdam, in that order ? What about you?

Mine are Bochum, Potsdam and Kassel, also in that order :). I also realised I likely got the wrong end date for the first course (and subsequently, the funding end date) when re-reading the application summary this morning. Now am writing to the school to confirm their dates so I can reason it with DAAD, hopefully they will be forgiving...

To be honest, I didn't have much hope and was very surprised to be awarded the scholarship! Even so, I'm not sure how it's gonna be, with Covid and all. We Aussies and Kiwis have it (relatively) easy here but out there it seems to be a different story.

18 hours ago, AP_sun said:

Mine everything remain silent still. So you got the scholarship then, congratulations. Btw, may I ask which country you from?

Hi AP_sun, I hope it means that, thank you but I still have not received an official acceptance letter nor any process moving forward. There's still hope, things are just slow I guess. I'm from the Philippines

15 hours ago, sinosuke93 said:

Your Award Letter should not be too far behind, at least that was my case. I got an enrollment notice from another German Lesson before I got the Award Letter. The Award Letter was sent the next day after the German Lesson Enrollment Letter.

I am from SEA region.

Oh wow, wait, it means I'm accepted? OHHH. Wow. Where are you from exactly?

And what are the next steps after this if I may ask?

11 hours ago, Dimba said:

I did....I got a message from them today.my language course to start on 31/05 to 30/9. 3 lesson a day 45 mins each, Mon to Fri, 5 tutorials per week. It will be via zoom more info in a month to  start date.

Yes exactly the same! :) I guess its a good sign? Where are you from exactly, Dimba? 

19 minutes ago, mira_ said:

Oh AP_sun I just saw this :( sorry to hear... It didnt indicate if you're in the waiting list? 

No. And the thing is, a lot of rejection letters for Thailand were announced last week but mine just today.

22 minutes ago, mira_ said:

Oh wow, wait, it means I'm accepted? OHHH. Wow. Where are you from exactly?

And what are the next steps after this if I may ask?

Congrats!!

I am a fellow South East Asian.

It depends on the country, However, in my case, after the Award Letter reaches you, you should sent the Acceptance Letter, Consent of Processing Medical data and start to process your Promotionsanmeldungen from the faculty.

response to ppl from Azerbaijan applying for master of all disciplines,

what i remember from the day of my interview was that out of 37 interviewed, 19 ppl were supposed to be given the scholarship.

asking everyone,

i have the status of selection made still, but i got a message from DAAD Bonn asking about my current enrollment status and insurance since I applied for funding my second year. 

this is a good sign, right? 

30 minutes ago, transposon said:

response to ppl from Azerbaijan applying for master of all disciplines,

what i remember from the day of my interview was that out of 37 interviewed, 19 ppl were supposed to be given the scholarship.

asking everyone,

i have the status of selection made still, but i got a message from DAAD Bonn asking about my current enrollment status and insurance since I applied for funding my second year. 

this is a good sign, right? 

Hi!
Yesterday we heard that (officially from Bonn) 23 out of 39 candidates were awarded with scholarship. I also have the same status since 2 days. Rejections were already sent. So we are either reserved candidates or we have got the scholarship.

Edited by Verner

32 minutes ago, Verner said:

Hi!
Yesterday we heard that (officially from Bonn) 23 out of 39 candidates were awarded with scholarship. I also have the same status since 2 days. Rejections were already sent. So we are either reserved candidates or we have got the scholarship.

How did they communicate this to you? Through an e-mail? I'm dying for some news from Bonn :')

6 minutes ago, Ufora said:

How did they communicate this to you? Through an e-mail? I'm dying for some news from Bonn :')

They have sent rejection emails and inside it, it is written how many candidates were awarded with a scholarship.

18 hours ago, Dimba said:

Hello...For PhD applicants who received award letters, has anyone received insurance certificate? I haven't receive mine and due to attend visa appointment and the certificate is required. 

Anybody gain the Grant doctorate DAAD in Ruhr university bochum?

3 hours ago, Zegl said:

Postgrad art/film/design:

My status finally changed today to preselection made from application submitted, whatever that means. I am scared lol.

Which country? I am from Brazil, and my status is still the same. Paper copies received 

13 hours ago, Autumn Equinox said:

Mine are Bochum, Potsdam and Kassel, also in that order :). I also realised I likely got the wrong end date for the first course (and subsequently, the funding end date) when re-reading the application summary this morning. Now am writing to the school to confirm their dates so I can reason it with DAAD, hopefully they will be forgiving...

To be honest, I didn't have much hope and was very surprised to be awarded the scholarship! Even so, I'm not sure how it's gonna be, with Covid and all. We Aussies and Kiwis have it (relatively) easy here but out there it seems to be a different story.

I imagine they'll probably be quite sympathetic, so long as the programme's length is within 24 months. Given that they have to be prepared to fund any of three different programmes, they must be prepared to have some flexibility. 

Yes, Covid is a worry for me too! Especially since the situation in Germany has escalated so much since we first applied. But then again, so much can change for the positive in a few months (look at the UK!), and vaccinations are really speeding up, so perhaps by October there may be improvement? I still wouldn't be surprised if the first semester's online though. I just  really hope we get the chance to be vaccinated before we go: I'd feel so much safer! 

4 hours ago, Clarl said:

Which country? I am from Brazil, and my status is still the same. Paper copies received 

Oh, right! I forgot, it did change to paper copies received for like two months. I am from Central America! I believe it's a different regional office...so, different timeline?

8 hours ago, Ys8503 said:

I imagine they'll probably be quite sympathetic, so long as the programme's length is within 24 months. Given that they have to be prepared to fund any of three different programmes, they must be prepared to have some flexibility. 

Yes, Covid is a worry for me too! Especially since the situation in Germany has escalated so much since we first applied. But then again, so much can change for the positive in a few months (look at the UK!), and vaccinations are really speeding up, so perhaps by October there may be improvement? I still wouldn't be surprised if the first semester's online though. I just  really hope we get the chance to be vaccinated before we go: I'd feel so much safer! 

Yes I hope so too. At least I got the right dates in the "Information about the study programme" form. Not sure what possessed me to put down 12 months instead of 24 months (i.e. the actual length of the programme) in the Application form... 

Ah true the UK seems to have been doing well with vaccination. They are speeding up vaccination here in Australia as well, I imagine it's similar in NZ? Both Oz and NZ are in Germany's exemption list last I checked so should be no problem with arriving there. I suppose the concern is whether we're allowed to leave & when/how/whether we can go back if things get worse...  

I have some underlining health conditions so won't be able to leave unless it's safe overseas anyway. I won't mind studying online or even deferring the course to next year if things don't improve to be honest. We'll see soon I guess...

On 4/22/2021 at 10:34 AM, Verner said:

We have the same situation here in Azerbaijan. 2 days ago rejections were sent and their status changed, but we(me and about 12 applicants that I know) still have selection made status and wait for an email to know  whether we are in the reserve list or we got the scholarship. I do hope we will get some news today.

As far as I know we would get an email saying that there is a new message on the portal and the message will be on the page "application overview" not in inbox.

Heey. any news? no email for me or any news on the portal  ? 

4 minutes ago, Salome Margvelashvili said:

Heey. any news? no email for me or any news on the portal  ? 

I think they have already sent emails to reserved candidates at the same time with rejections. I have heard that from my Georgian friend as well. Additionally, yesterday on the portal we got new options like application for online begin of the master degree. So we have probably got the scholarship.

I expect that we get a notification today via portal and award letters next week. But yes, until we get the official answers we would still feel anxious and suspicious.

Edited by Verner