DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

On 4/16/2021 at 2:10 AM, troy_athena said:

I had a result. They said unfortunately they won't be able to give a scholarship to me. However, I have been nominated as a reserve candidate. 

Anyone in the same situation?

I also have been nominated. and I ask to the office, and they said reserve candidates will be notified within May

7 minutes ago, Lukass said:

Hey there. When are you told in Belgium to expect results?

Three weeks after their meeting in March, they said (ages ago). So worse case scenario: They met the 31st. That means we should have the results by Wednesday, but I'm definitely not holding my breath... It's so weird that almost nobody in Northern/Northwestern Europa has heard anything. I'd be highly surprised if Belgium were the first to announce them :') 

Just now, Ufora said:

Three weeks after their meeting in March, they said (ages ago). So worse case scenario: They met the 31st. That means we should have the results by Wednesday, but I'm definitely not holding my breath... It's so weird that almost nobody in Northern/Northwestern Europa has heard anything. I'd be highly surprised if Belgium were the first to announce them :') 

So you got your status changed to selection made on 31th March? Didnt you have interviews?
I've been having that since 23 March xD

2 minutes ago, Lukass said:

So you got your status changed to selection made on 31th March? Didnt you have interviews?
I've been having that since 23 March xD

I'm 99% sure we don't have interviews in Belgium, for whatever reason...* So my status had been and is still 'paper copies received', since November ? 

* A friend if mine received the scholarship two years ago and there was no interview.

Just now, Ufora said:

I'm 99% sure we don't have interviews in Belgium, for whatever reason...* So my status had been and is still 'paper copies received', since November ? 

* A friend if mine received the scholarship two years ago and there was no interview.

Ah okay. We've not sent anything per post :)

4 hours ago, AHPK said:

I also have been nominated. and I ask to the office, and they said reserve candidates will be notified within May

hi:)

If you want to continue as a reserve candidate, they told me to let us know. I sent an email to the authorized DAAD-Bonn branch office. But there hasn't yet been an answer. Should I call by phone? Did they tell you such a thing?

For all the Spanish candidates:

"En este año, debido a la crisis sanitaria NO habrá entrevistas finales y después de la fase de selección formal, la selección por parte de los evaluadores del DAAD y la selección final, los comunicados tanto de concesión/denegación de beca serán emitidos a través del Portal de solicitudes previsiblemente entre los meses de junio y julio.  Lamentablemente desconocemos la fecha exacta."

4 hours ago, Ics98 said:

For all the Spanish candidates:

"En este año, debido a la crisis sanitaria NO habrá entrevistas finales y después de la fase de selección formal, la selección por parte de los evaluadores del DAAD y la selección final, los comunicados tanto de concesión/denegación de beca serán emitidos a través del Portal de solicitudes previsiblemente entre los meses de junio y julio.  Lamentablemente desconocemos la fecha exacta."

Ay no! Junio/juliooooo. Eso es para el master de todas las disciplinas?

From Colombia here. Found this forum a bit too late but at least know I can share my anxiety with other people. I'm applying for the "Studies in the Fields of Fine Art, Film, Design/Visual" etc. Sent my portfolio digitally before April 9 but my status never changed. It's been "paper copies received" for a while. I'm super hopefull and I got the interview at the embassy booked and everything.

4 hours ago, alethia_ said:

From Colombia here. Found this forum a bit too late but at least know I can share my anxiety with other people. I'm applying for the "Studies in the Fields of Fine Art, Film, Design/Visual" etc. Sent my portfolio digitally before April 9 but my status never changed. It's been "paper copies received" for a while. I'm super hopefull and I got the interview at the embassy booked and everything.

They don't require any interview for this kind of scholarship, a lot of people have already confirmed. I think the result will be published at the end of this month ?

Guys, I have just heard that some candidates from my country got rejections on the portal.
(Azerbaijan, Master for all disciplines)

Any news from other countries in this region (Georgia, Armenia, Uzbekistan .etc)?

5 minutes ago, Verner said:

Guys, I have just heard that some candidates from my country got rejections on the portal.
(Azerbaijan, Master for all disciplines)

Any news from other countries in this region (Georgia, Armenia, Uzbekistan .etc)?

Should be a good sign because rejection letter will be announced earlier than award letter as usual and what the officer from my country inform.

Just now, AP_sun said:

Should be a good sign because rejection letter will be announced earlier than award letter as usual and what the officer from my country inform.

I have heard like that as well. But in the rejection letter it is written that 7 out of 77 in scientific field have been chosen. But the total number of interviewed applicants was 39. It is pretty confusing. :(

1 minute ago, Verner said:

I have heard like that as well. But in the rejection letter it is written that 7 out of 77 in scientific field have been chosen. But the total number of interviewed applicants was 39. It is pretty confusing. :(

Maybe 77 are the total applications while 39 are the short list for interview. I guess and they informed you the overview.

Just now, AP_sun said:

Maybe 77 are the total applications while 39 are the short list for interview. I guess and they informed you the overview.

no, the total  number of applicants was 437

Edited by Verner