DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

19 hours ago, baggyjeans said:

I have question to people who awarded: do we have to send 'Declaration of award' only? I am currently living in Germany and I have other insurance so I dont want to get health insurance provided by DAAD?

In addition to Declaration of Acceptance, you need to also send the 'Consent of Processing Medical Data' document, in order to be signed with Die Continentale, the insurance provided by DAAD.

Since you don't want to be insured with this, I suppose you need to ask them (using Messages) whether you are allowed to be exempt from the insurance or not. As far as I know, if you are above 30 and/or doing you PhD, your only option is with private insurance, like one provided by DAAD. But, I think the DAAD officer knows best :)

Hello everyone, is there some 1 from France ?

I wanted to ask if interviews are conducted in France, I saw that someone wrote that they do not invite for  interviews in Belgium, and I thought, maybe in France too.
Also, my status changed to "selection made" and changed the end date of the scholarship to 25.07.2023.  Is this a good or a bad sign ? Thanks for the answers, master's degree in all subjects.

Peace

22 minutes ago, kalys228 said:

Hello everyone, is there some 1 from France ?

I wanted to ask if interviews are conducted in France, I saw that someone wrote that they do not invite for  interviews in Belgium, and I thought, maybe in France too.
Also, my status changed to "selection made" and changed the end date of the scholarship to 25.07.2023.  Is this a good or a bad sign ? Thanks for the answers, master's degree in all subjects.

Peace

Salut! I'm the girl from Belgium. Was your application deadline also in November? And did you get a message telling you when they would give you the results? For me they said they would meet in March and tell us the result 3 weeks later. There was no mention of interviews. Maybe if this is the same for you there are no interviews in France either? But it's interesting that your status changed to 'selection made'! Mine is till 'paper copies received', since November ?  So selection made could be a good sign for you? Or maybe it means that an interview is still to come, I have no idea.. But if they were also supposed to announce the results around April / May in France then I don't think there'll be an interview anymore hahah

Salut, deadline was 1 february, i have recieved the message telling that the commission results would be announced in end or April. No mention of interviews whatsoever, nor in the automatically generated messages, neither in the instructing documents of french DAAD bureau. 

I also have these "Insurance policy" and "Medical data policy" docs in Navigation menu.

But, the fact that i didn't get the interview still makes me nervous.

Not even making it to the interviews is kinda shameful for me, if there are such things for France.

Anyways, I hope for the best.

1 hour ago, kalys228 said:

Salut, deadline was 1 february, i have recieved the message telling that the commission results would be announced in end or April. No mention of interviews whatsoever, nor in the automatically generated messages, neither in the instructing documents of french DAAD bureau. 

I also have these "Insurance policy" and "Medical data policy" docs in Navigation menu.

But, the fact that i didn't get the interview still makes me nervous.

Not even making it to the interviews is kinda shameful for me, if there are such things for France.

Anyways, I hope for the best.

As far as I know, people who had interviews had them in the beginning of April - the latest. And they had their status as "pre-selection made". So I guess it is alright for you. The Western-Southern section/bureau doesn't ask for interviews, from the comments I've seen.

So "selection made" means that your results will come soon.

Hopefully for everybody still waiting we can hear some good news in the next days! ?

3 hours ago, sinosuke93 said:

In addition to Declaration of Acceptance, you need to also send the 'Consent of Processing Medical Data' document, in order to be signed with Die Continentale, the insurance provided by DAAD.

Since you don't want to be insured with this, I suppose you need to ask them (using Messages) whether you are allowed to be exempt from the insurance or not. As far as I know, if you are above 30 and/or doing you PhD, your only option is with private insurance, like one provided by DAAD. But, I think the DAAD officer knows best :)

Thank you so much for the kind answers :)!!!!! Yeah I think I should send them a message to make sure??

1 hour ago, RosieGrr said:

Hello everyone. My status changed to funding but I haven't received an email/confirmation letter yet. Can one say with 100% guarantee that i was awarded a scholarship?

I think the only 'real' sign that you are awarded is by receiving a message in your Portal along with an Award Letter attached.

However, 'Funding' status is a super strong sign :)
Now you need to wait for a while, or if you are curious, you can ask the DAAD officer using 'Messages' function in your portal.

10 hours ago, RosieGrr said:

Hello everyone. My status changed to funding but I haven't received an email/confirmation letter yet. Can one say with 100% guarantee that i was awarded a scholarship?

Congratulations!! Which status did you have before? Selection made or blank space?

Hey! Anyone from Portugal applying for Masters in all disciplines? Any news?

My status is still "paper copies received" and no news at all... they didn't even say a deadline for the results! As anyone applied to universities yet? I think I will apply today but not knowing the results is pretty useless...

Thanks!!

1 minute ago, germanmasters said:

hiya, mine's been application submitted the whole time, and yours? Have you emailed them about when they're gonna release results? I want to but already asked lol

Yeah same it's been application submitted since submission, started to feel a bit worried about it can't lie. I've messaged them this morning, waiting for a reply now but they surely take their time ?