DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

23 hours ago, Ufora said:

Exactly, it's been quiet for so long... I'm accepting @Cam31's prediction that we probably won't hear anything this week (again). 

Well guys, see u all next Tuesday. 

? *I'm so hysterical about this whole thing*

Edited by Cam31

14 minutes ago, Cam31 said:

Well guys, see u all next Tuesday. 

? *I'm so hysterical about this all thing*

You're becoming our oracle! ?

Mirror mirror on the wall, will we ever get the results at all...

Edited by Ufora

On 5/23/2021 at 5:47 AM, phanchris5 said:

MA Art, Design, Film - Asia

Another "2 weeks" guys, I highly doubt that this will last forever guys ?.

Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 10.45.28.png

I don't know why, but I already knew that the "two weeks" answer was coming ahhaha

On 5/21/2021 at 2:56 PM, Birdsong22 said:

Just out of curiosity, what funding dates did you guys give DAAD? My masters course is 2 years and I think I asked for way too long, I just looked at my uni academic calendar and lectures actually finish way before the end of the funding dates i gave them :// whoops

It does not matter, if your program is two academic years then they give 24 months of funding. If it is only one academic year, they give one year of funding. 

1 hour ago, _Bea_ said:

I don't know why, but I already knew that the "two weeks" answer was coming ahhaha

At least in the next sentence now they acknowledged that the two weeks is for them to know, but they need to assemble the letters, which is at least one additional week to the two. 

I was thinking about the german course. If there is 4 months of language course. The university starts at October 15. If they are taking that long to announce results, how would we do the german course? 
People who got the scholarship will start german lessons next week... 

8 hours ago, Clarl said:

I was thinking about the german course. If there is 4 months of language course. The university starts at October 15. If they are taking that long to announce results, how would we do the german course? 

I’ve been wondering this myself. In many instances people would be required to give notice to employers etc, which wouldn’t be possible with such short notice. (Not that I expect news within a week ? but whenever it does come about)

9 hours ago, Clarl said:

The language course is not necessary 4 months, it can be one or two months as well. I think if they offered a 4 month course now for selected candidates, people would get a notification/e-mail about the enrollment.

In my case, I got notification about the scholarship almost 2 month ago, although I am still waiting for award letter! In that notification they offered 2 month course in August and September. I have read once that duration of the course depends on your prior knowledge of German, but I don't know if it is indeed so. I have German B2 level at the moment.

Edited by StellarWind

54 minutes ago, StellarWind said:

The language course is not necessary 4 months, it can be one or two months as well. I think if they offered a 4 month course now for selected candidates, people would get a notification/e-mail about the enrollment.

In my case, I got notification about the scholarship almost 2 month ago, although I am still waiting for award letter! In that notification they offered 2 month course in August and September. I have read once that duration of the course depends on your prior knowledge of German, but I don't know if it is indeed so. I have German B2 level at the moment.

I understand there is different courses. In my case I have b1... so I am a bit worried that if am required to do 4 months it’s getting too late. 

2 hours ago, Grá said:

I’ve been wondering this myself. In many instances people would be required to give notice to employers etc, which wouldn’t be possible with such short notice. (Not that I expect news within a week ? but whenever it does come about)

Yes! They are making things so much complicated by all this delay. Is hard to plan ahead not knowing and sometimes impossible not to move forward after almost 6 months waiting... 

40 minutes ago, beoli said:

Hi all - I'm from the UK and I just got sent a rejection notification so it seems like maybe results for UK people/ maybe other countries could be out soon. Good luck!

Aw, sorry to hear that! ?  Was this for the All Disciplines category? But thank you for letting us know, seems like they might finally be getting the ball rolling then... Nothing for Belgium though, still paper copies received! 

32 minutes ago, Ufora said:

Aw, sorry to hear that! ?  Was this for the All Disciplines category? But thank you for letting us know, seems like they might finally be getting the ball rolling then... Nothing for Belgium though, still paper copies received! 

Yep - for all disciplines. It could just be UK/ Ireland getting things out today but it seems like a good sign, some decisions are happening!

25 minutes ago, Birdsong22 said:

They gave out 17 scholarships and 120  people applied in the UK (Master of all Disciplines). So odds were pretty unlikely, I got a rejection too. Good luck everyone else waiting!! ❤️

57 minutes ago, Grá said:

I received a rejection this morning also, UK&Ireland All Disciplines. Goodluck to everyone still waiting, hopefully it will be good news for you ??

1 hour ago, beoli said:

Hi all - I'm from the UK and I just got sent a rejection notification so it seems like maybe results for UK people/ maybe other countries could be out soon. Good luck!

I'm deeply sorry guys, really. Wishing you all the best, please don't give up and keep on applying! If not for DAAD, for others too!!

On 5/3/2021 at 10:08 AM, Lucía González said:

Hi everyone! 

I'm from Colombia I have applied to the Postgraduate Studies in the Fields of Fine Art, Film, Design/Visual Communication and Film, my aplication already said 

Initial funding Preselection mad

There is anyone in my same situation?? or thre is anyone from my country or maybe applying to the same scolarship who has already a response??

Hey! Colombian here applying for the same scholarship... Any news?