2021 Chemistry PhD Admissions Results

a1120

6 hours ago, ilovechem123 said:

Does anyone else see something new on Applyweb portal for UMich? Something new popped up on mine to send in offical transcripts, but I have not been notified yet at all.

Are you talking about the link to initiate a CertiFile order or something else?  I see this on mine, but it's my first time checking applyweb portal, so I'm not sure if it's new.

8 minutes ago, chembio_applicant_2021 said:

People waiting for MIT, wya? Do you think we'll hear back tomorrow? 

Still waiting! I am hopeful we will hear something tomorrow. I remember there being a post saying that admissions would be delayed until February. 

9 hours ago, tcat94 said:

Are you talking about the link to initiate a CertiFile order or something else?  I see this on mine, but it's my first time checking applyweb portal, so I'm not sure if it's new.

yeah! I check the applyweb portal all the time and it is new. I have never seen it before. Have u heard back from UMich yet?

1 hour ago, ilovechem123 said:

yeah! I check the applyweb portal all the time and it is new. I have never seen it before. Have u heard back from UMich yet?

It's definitely new, I haven't heard anything yet. I think it's just a new feature for all Rackham applications as it says to refer to individual departments for guidelines on it. It does seem they've sent out all acceptances as per clarawang's post

15 hours ago, clarawang said:

I have learned from a POI this moring that they have been sent out all the acceptances and I was not on the offer list. I hope this helps. 

Additionally someone said on the results page they had a selectivity of 5-10% this year which is about half of normal. It is weird they sent out a couple batches of rejections already so maybe there's hope but probably not rip.

6 hours ago, chembio_applicant_2021 said:

People waiting for MIT, wya? Do you think we'll hear back tomorrow? 

i hope so! the message on the portal says they expect most people will hear back by the second week of feb so hopefully acceptances start rolling in this week...good luck to everyone still waiting!

10 hours ago, fermidirac said:

Has anyone in theoretical track heard from Berkeley, MIT, or Caltech????

Physical/theoretical here! still waiting to hear back from MIT. Ugh. I'm not at all hopeful about MIT tho...

Caltech already sent out some (unofficial) acceptance emails to physical/theoretical candidates. Probably more on their way! 

Anybody heard from UPENN for physical/theory yet?

Haven't heard back from any schools I applied too and they all sent out their first round of decisions based on the results page.... asked my magic eight ball this morning... it told me the outlook is bleak

22 minutes ago, dval1998 said:

Haven't heard back from any schools I applied too and they all sent out their first round of decisions based on the results page.... asked my magic eight ball this morning... it told me the outlook is bleak

I didn't apply for physical chem but actually reached out a few days ago. They said that they sent out the invites for the open house already but that a decision is still being made on my application. Not exactly sure what that means. 

31 minutes ago, dval1998 said:

I did hear back from Penn for physical/theory. 

19 minutes ago, spaghettios said:

I didn't apply for physical chem but actually reached out a few days ago. They said that they sent out the invites for the open house already but that a decision is still being made on my application. Not exactly sure what that means. 

Nor do I, interesting reply from them... best of luck