2021 Chemistry PhD Admissions Results

a1120

16 hours ago, Atom345 said:

Did anyone else apply to the Chemical Biology program at University of Michigan? (This is a separate program for some reason lol).

image.thumb.png.558c759953f722e61ed7701272665b9c.png

Also an applicant here! It's kind of unique since chemical biology is usually listed as a research area instead of having its own department.

9 minutes ago, rul said:

Also an applicant here! It's kind of unique since chemical biology is usually listed as a research area instead of having its own department.

I agree; it is pretty unique. I only learned about it because my PI of interest in the department told me to apply to it haha.

Just now, SpicyOranges said:

No I haven't had them yet, sorry if that was unclear! I was just saying that the idea of having so many interviews is stressful

True ?. I'm also nervous that multiple faculty will be interviewing us at once... haha

On 1/28/2021 at 8:27 PM, somethingsmth said:

Has anyone here applied (and heard) from UO?

I got accepted to UO for inorganic on Wednesday. It seems like they are just starting to send out acceptances. I haven’t gotten an official letter/offer yet though. Good luck! 

2 minutes ago, chempb said:

I got accepted to UO for inorganic on Wednesday. It seems like they are just starting to send out acceptances. I haven’t gotten an official letter/offer yet though. Good luck! 

Oh my goodness, congrats!!! 
And thanks for replying + (I assume) updating the results page. Gonna be a nerve-wracking first week of Feb ?
@Shaina.loveless good luck to you too!

On 1/27/2021 at 6:18 PM, xuadj said:

Hi! I just got response from Duke. PI told me that admission decisions this year are delayed until some time in Feb by mandate of the University. I'm not sure what that means and the "decisions" here just sound like official decisions sent after the virtual open house, since unofficial offer with open house invitation should be sent by the department first. Maybe just a nice PI wants to give a polite response which does not tell me directly that I was rejected...

I think we’ve still hopefully got a chance because it’s weird no ones really posted about getting into duke. Based on years passed they’ve sent out acceptances by now. Fingers crossed good luck! 

Have all Yale BBS applicants been notified already? It seems there have been a ton of interview notification and rejection results released, but one other person (international applicant) and I haven’t received a notification. To clarify, I’m particularly applying for the chemical biology program through BBS BQBS.

1 hour ago, Electrochemist said:

Hey y'all, has anyone heard back from Northeastern chemistry? It’s not obvious to me when they usually get back to students. 

I spoke to my POI and she told me that the acceptances should come out sometime in early February. They seem to be taking their sweet time lol

8 hours ago, NanoclusterBoy said:

Just out of curiosity, are any colleges doing in person campus and department visits this cycle or are all of them virtual tours and meetings? 

I got letter from Virginia tech saying

"We are currently working with the university to see if we can turn the March 13 date into a limited in-person weekend (March 12-13) or offer opportunities for individual in-person visits within public health guidelines. If you would be interested in an in-person visit, please send an email"

2 hours ago, ilovechem123 said:

Does anyone else see something new on Applyweb portal for UMich? Something new popped up on mine to send in offical transcripts, but I have not been notified yet at all.

I have learned from a POI this moring that they have been sent out all the acceptances and I was not on the offer list. I hope this helps.