2021 Chemistry PhD Admissions Results

a1120

3 minutes ago, asdfghjkl21 said:

Has UNC Chapel Hill sent out all of their offers? Still waiting :( 

I got the impression that they did, but don’t give up hope yet. I was admitted early January and got that impression based on the general timeline they follow and a talk with a prof.  

25 minutes ago, ilovechem123 said:

Do u think we are going to hear from MIT today? They are taking so long

ugh i dont wanna jinx it but i hope so. they said within the next two weeks on the portal so it would make sense to hear around now. i just wanna be able to decide where im going!

1 hour ago, asdfghjkl21 said:

Has UNC Chapel Hill sent out all of their offers? Still waiting :( 

I am also still waiting and have a feeling we are waiting on late admittance at this point. Years past people have gotten in throughout feb so that’s what I’m hoping is happening. A prof there told me they are going slow this year 

Just heard back from MIT for physical chemistry. They sent the email at midnight, lol. I have not idea why. 

Well, that's it for me. My graduate admissions are all done. I wanted to thank everyone in this thread for helping me preserve my sanity while waiting for all the admissions! I wish all of you luck and am confident everyone will have amazing schools to attend. ♥️

On 1/30/2021 at 9:11 PM, Electrochemist said:

Hey y'all, has anyone heard back from Northeastern chemistry? It’s not obvious to me when they usually get back to students. 

Hey I just got an email to be interviewed by them today. Apparently It is on Feb 19-20th

Anyone accepted to Boston College receive the info for the virtual visit on Saturday? I've just gotten like three emails from them saying we look forward to seeing you there but no further info about the visit.

33 minutes ago, ilovechem123 said:

Nope not yet

Upon rereading the email we were supposed to send an email saying we were interested in the visit to receive more info oops.

23 minutes ago, Beau said:

Upon rereading the email we were supposed to send an email saying we were interested in the visit to receive more info oops.

I responded to the email, but I have not received a personal schedule. I just received a schedule of what is happening that day. It is really long -- 12 pm - 6 pm

Just now, ilovechem123 said:

I responded to the email, but I have not received a personal schedule. I just received a schedule of what is happening that day. It is really long -- 12 pm - 6 pm

Oh well that's concerning then. I guess it is in lieu of a real visit weekend so the length makes sense, but oof that's a long video call.

49 minutes ago, Theoretical_Chemist said:

I just got an email from UC Berkeley asking me consider applying for some other online masters course (MSSE), while I had submitted my application for Chemistry PhD. Did anybody else get this? Does this mean a reject for chemistry PhD? I had applied for theoretical Chem. 

I did get this and I also applied to theoretical chem.

I am not sure if this indicates rejection ?