Georgetown SFS - Fall 2021

niceswing

1 minute ago, jellyana said:

finally got my official letter from MASIA!

mmkaayyy the lack of any scholarship or financial assistance is a total bummer though. 

haha congrats! 

Are you going to attend MAISA? I didn't get any funding but I'm sure I'll be attending!!

5 minutes ago, goodvibesonly said:

haha congrats! 

Are you going to attend MAISA? I didn't get any funding but I'm sure I'll be attending!!

i still have to mull it over i think >< 

i’m waiting for SIPA’s responses to go out, and that may influence my decision. i thought i would be sure because GU is my dream school, but now i’m undecided!

Just now, jellyana said:

i still have to mull it over i think >< 

i’m waiting for SIPA’s responses to go out, and that may influence my decision. i thought i would be sure because GU is my dream school, but now i’m undecided!

ah! i'm also waiting for SIPA but since I would like to stay in D.C, i'll be choosing GU! Good luck!

I got my acceptance letter from CERES! I haven't seen anyone else on this forum talk about this program yet- anyone else planning to study Russian/Eastern European studies in sfs?

Now I just have to decide between Columbias program and Georgetown -- But I'll probably be choosing sfs!

13 minutes ago, CompGuy said:

Do we have any idea when SSP admissions will be sent out? Have they already been sent out?

A lot of people received informal emails letting them know they were admitted. I personally did not, and I'm not sure if it's an indication of denial or not, but the website says their admissions deadline is Monday. 

9 minutes ago, Kole_Kolt said:

A lot of people received informal emails letting them know they were admitted. I personally did not, and I'm not sure if it's an indication of denial or not, but the website says their admissions deadline is Monday. 

From what I have seen it looks like 2 people and maybe both were international applicants? From last two years looks like maybe international applicants were notified earlier? Could be wrong. But I only have seen 2 people got emails. 

1 minute ago, IA applicant said:

From what I have seen it looks like 2 people and maybe both were international applicants? From last two years looks like maybe international applicants were notified earlier? Could be wrong. But I only have seen 2 people got emails. 

Ah, that's a good point. I guess it just seemed like more on first look through the thread. Disregard me :)

2 minutes ago, helloppl said:

Yes, guys! Im one of the acceptances at SSP and I'm international. I have read that they are being sent out earlier. Good luck! Im sure yours will arrive soon!:)

Congrats! Did you get any funding by chance? If you don’t mind me asking.

1 minute ago, IA applicant said:

Congrats! Did you get any funding by chance? If you don’t mind me asking.

Thank you! :) I haven't yet... We will see:) I got funding for American and GWU. 

are you guys waiting for any other programs apart from SSP?