Environmental Management and Policy 2021

Did anyone apply after the priority deadline ( after 15th Dec)? I am anxiously waiting for the results too. Also any idea how is the Columbia Sustainability Management program? Also it seems Duke Nicholas School has a high acceptance rate, any idea ? 

11 hours ago, Neha29 said:

Did anyone apply after the priority deadline ( after 15th Dec)? I am anxiously waiting for the results too. Also any idea how is the Columbia Sustainability Management program? Also it seems Duke Nicholas School has a high acceptance rate, any idea ? 

I applied to Nicholas and SEAS for the regular deadline on Jan 15! They both said in info sessions that the only difference in deadlines was that priority may hear back sooner, but based on previous years it seems like they tend to release all decisions at once. In an applicant webinar held after the regular deadline, SEAS reps said everyone would hear back in a few weeks (though that time has passed by now, lol). 

The acceptance rates at these programs are sort of misleading imo, though if anyone has a better understanding please correct me as I'm solely going off of statements made in info sessions and past threads here! The applicant pools overall are highly qualified and passionate, so it is genuinely competitive. Further, different programs may lean more towards different types of applicants, like midcareer vs fresh out of undergrad. I genuinely have no idea what my chances for acceptance are, haha.

I considered applying to Columbia's Sust. Management program. If you do it full time it's shorter than a 2-year program, so it ends up having a lower ticket price (but they don't really do financial aid). From what they said in info sessions, it's a good fit if you're 1) really wanting to work in NYC, as that's where the majority of their alumni network is and/or 2) looking for a program that can be part time. Most of their students are working professionals who attend part time and I believe most classes are held in the afternoon or night as a result. I chose to not apply (for now, anyway) as I wanted a program that was more heavily interdisciplinary and in-depth on certain issues like policy and environmental justice.

16 hours ago, tiaki said:

I applied to Nicholas and SEAS for the regular deadline on Jan 15! They both said in info sessions that the only difference in deadlines was that priority may hear back sooner, but based on previous years it seems like they tend to release all decisions at once. In an applicant webinar held after the regular deadline, SEAS reps said everyone would hear back in a few weeks (though that time has passed by now, lol). 

The acceptance rates at these programs are sort of misleading imo, though if anyone has a better understanding please correct me as I'm solely going off of statements made in info sessions and past threads here! The applicant pools overall are highly qualified and passionate, so it is genuinely competitive. Further, different programs may lean more towards different types of applicants, like midcareer vs fresh out of undergrad. I genuinely have no idea what my chances for acceptance are, haha.

I considered applying to Columbia's Sust. Management program. If you do it full time it's shorter than a 2-year program, so it ends up having a lower ticket price (but they don't really do financial aid). From what they said in info sessions, it's a good fit if you're 1) really wanting to work in NYC, as that's where the majority of their alumni network is and/or 2) looking for a program that can be part time. Most of their students are working professionals who attend part time and I believe most classes are held in the afternoon or night as a result. I chose to not apply (for now, anyway) as I wanted a program that was more heavily interdisciplinary and in-depth on certain issues like policy and environmental justice.

In one of the webinars I had attended for SEAS Sustainable System, the faculty had mentioned that they will release the decisions by 26th February. So lets see what happens. 

Congrats everyone! Even though I didn't apply to Duke myself, just hearing of other people's success this cycle makes me feel more optimistic. Hoping for news on SEAS this week as well, as I'm sure many of you all are! Keeping the positive vibes going :) 

Congratulations everyone for your results! For those who are waiting like I am, hang in there..
As for UMich SEAS, I see that someone got a rejection via the website in the "Results search" tab in gradcafe. So I believe they are releasing results soon. I haven't heard back from them either

I believe someone in the webinar for sustainable systems had mentioned 24th Feb as the date for releasing admission notifications. Hope it comes out by today 

4 hours ago, Theconfusedsoul said:

Congratulations everyone for your results! For those who are waiting like I am, hang in there..
As for UMich SEAS, I see that someone got a rejection via the website in the "Results search" tab in gradcafe. So I believe they are releasing results soon. I haven't heard back from them either

I believe someone in the webinar for sustainable systems had mentioned 24th Feb as the date for releasing admission notifications. Hope it comes out by today 

Congrats to everyone who got into Duke! Hopefully some more good news from SEAS today! 

16 minutes ago, Theconfusedsoul said:

Just heard from someone at UMich's admission department, they will be releasing admission results over the next week or so.. 

Guess we'll have to wait a little longer 

I hope this means they'll start rolling out admissions today and just keep going throughout the week... I wonder then what the rejection status was under the "results" tab of gradcafe. Does everyone check the portal? For SEAS, mine still says "submitted" if I go back to the application window.

4 minutes ago, qrrcl said:

I hope this means they'll start rolling out admissions today and just keep going throughout the week... I wonder then what the rejection status was under the "results" tab of gradcafe. Does everyone check the portal? For SEAS, mine still says "submitted" if I go back to the application window.

I hope so too. They did mention "over the course of next 1 week" so I'm guessing you may be right 

I have checked the portal (frantically over the past couple of days...) But for me the page hasn't changed much (maybe even not at all) so I really don't know what the reject in results tab was. 

Which portal are you referring to anyway? The applyweb or wolverine? 

I heard from someone (not on GradCafe) who got a rejection from SEAS. They didn't get an email notification, but there was a "view decision" link in their portal. I guess they started rolling out very slowly yesterday, starting with some rejections?

Edit: I checked my portal last night after they told me, and nothing so far.

Edited by tiaki
clarification

34 minutes ago, Theconfusedsoul said:

I hope so too. They did mention "over the course of next 1 week" so I'm guessing you may be right 

I have checked the portal (frantically over the past couple of days...) But for me the page hasn't changed much (maybe even not at all) so I really don't know what the reject in results tab was. 

Which portal are you referring to anyway? The applyweb or wolverine? 

Applyweb... is there another portal I should be checking?

11 minutes ago, tiaki said:

I heard from someone (not on GradCafe) who got a rejection from SEAS. They didn't get an email notification, but there was a "view decision" link in their portal. I guess they started rolling out very slowly yesterday, starting with some rejections?

Edit: I checked my portal last night after they told me, and nothing so far.

Oh wow, now I'm all the more worried. But I'm guessing this was on the wolverine website as I can only see "View Application Data" and "View Credentials" but there seems a little space for another "View...". Cause the applyweb portal seems to be only for documentation purpose, in my opinion as even Stanford is using the same. My guess is they must've rejected the applications that didn't meet the pre-requisites, maybe it's an automated one for pre-requisites? 

@qrrclYes, there are two portals. Applyweb is one and the other is UMich's own portal "Wolverine Access". After submitting our application, I believe we all received a mail to make an account on that portal. Maybe you should check that mail from them if you haven't made one already 

Edited by Theconfusedsoul

28 minutes ago, nnnnffff said:

I got my admission to SEAS a couple hours ago! got waitlisted by Duke though.

Congrats!! Did they send you an email or was it just an update to your portal status?