Feminist/Women's/Gender Studies PhD 2021 Cycle

Soc_Gen23

Hi all! I've been looking for a thread relating to gender/women's studies phd program applications and haven't found any for 2021's application cycle. I'm sure this week and the next few weeks will be full of anxiety for many of us but I hope this thread will help us connect with each other to feel a little bit better. I'm waiting to hear back from Arizona State myself. Best of luck to everyone!

1 hour ago, Soc_Gen23 said:

Thanks! I'm anxiously awaiting ASU but have not seen any movement in my portal or on here. I hope it's soon.

Same! I've been super anxious but I'm trying to stay calm until the 1st week of Feb. I'll definitely let you know when I hear something back!

1 minute ago, venus99 said:

Same! I've been super anxious but I'm trying to stay calm until the 1st week of Feb. I'll definitely let you know when I hear something back!

Same here! I looked at previous years for ASU's decision dates and they seem to line up with this week (late Jan). But, then again may be different because of Covid. 

1 minute ago, Soc_Gen23 said:

Same here! I looked at previous years for ASU's decision dates and they seem to line up with this week (late Jan). But, then again may be different because of Covid. 

Right! I've been on reddit threads and stuff trying to figure out if they sent out any info yet, but everything is geared towards STEM PhDs with little info on prior years :(

5 minutes ago, venus99 said:

Right! I've been on reddit threads and stuff trying to figure out if they sent out any info yet, but everything is geared towards STEM PhDs with little info on prior years :(

FYI I just saw on the results page that someone emailed the graduate director for ASU and they said the GD wasn't sending out decisions until mid-Feb. So we have a couple more weeks to wait unfortunately.?Hang in there!

Just now, Soc_Gen23 said:

FYI I just saw on the results page that someone emailed the graduate director for ASU and they said the GD wasn't sending out decisions until mid-Feb. So we have a couple more weeks to wait unfortunately.?Hang in there!

Thank you so much for the update, good luck!!!

1 hour ago, CoolCat9 said:

Just had my interview with IU-Bloomington yesterday... lowkey bombed it. ;-; Hoping for the best though, and best of luck to everyone! :)
Oh, and I'm also still waiting on some of the schools y'all mentioned as well.

If you got an interview with IU I have complete faith you'll get in! Best of luck!

Thank you so much for starting this thread! Good luck to everyone! I really hope we get into our respective top program. 

I've applied to UCLA, Rutgers, Emory and SUNY University at Buffalo's Global Gender Studies program. Just got an interview invite from Emory, so very excited but slightly nervous for that! Waiting to hear from UCLA, Rutgers and SUNY. 

19 hours ago, ShivD said:

Thank you so much for starting this thread! Good luck to everyone! I really hope we get into our respective top program. 

I've applied to UCLA, Rutgers, Emory and SUNY University at Buffalo's Global Gender Studies program. Just got an interview invite from Emory, so very excited but slightly nervous for that! Waiting to hear from UCLA, Rutgers and SUNY. 

Good luck on your Emory interview!!

3 hours ago, relantern said:

Good luck on your Emory interview!!

Thank you!! 

3 hours ago, relantern said:

Looks like someone just got an interview at Rutgers over on the results page (congrats btw)! 

If you're on this thread, could you tell us if you know whether they've sent out all their interview invitations? 

Congratulations to the person who has received the interview invitation. :)

Let's see what it means for others. I had written to the deptt and their response was that the decisions will be out by early-mid February. They also mentioned though that usually the offers are made without interview.

In any case, it probably means that we will all know soon. Good to all of us! 

2 hours ago, ShivD said:

Thank you!! 

Congratulations to the person who has received the interview invitation. :)

Let's see what it means for others. I had written to the deptt and their response was that the decisions will be out by early-mid February. They also mentioned though that usually the offers are made without interview.

In any case, it probably means that we will all know soon. Good to all of us! 

Hi! Is this only in the case of Rutgers??

Hi everyone, 

I'm late to the conversation - but really grateful for this space! Applied to some of the same schools as some of you - Rutgers, Emory (received an interview, excited yet nervous)! Wishing you all the best of luck with everything as it unfolds and keeping my fingers crossed!