Feminist/Women's/Gender Studies PhD 2021 Cycle

Soc_Gen23

12 hours ago, deimy said:

can someone update when/if you get the call from Emory? It’s like 6 pm in Atlanta already and they said Tuesday. I assume rejections and waitlists are getting emails instead

I haven't heard anything either. But then, I assume that it's just taking more time. After all, Tuesday is the timeline that the grad students had given us, not the faculty? But let's hope that we hear back soon! 

On 2/16/2021 at 3:25 PM, blacksnow25 said:

I received an offer of admission to the Women's Studies program at Rutgers via email from the DGS on February 10 - I've since been in touch with them and had a response, but my official portal is yet to be updated. I really don't have any insider information, though the email did mention that they are planning an admitted students' day, so I don't think that they are not accepting people at all, though again I could be wrong. That said, not having an official letter aside from the email has me a bit worried. 

Congratulations!! And yes, I think it should be legit. The delay probably just means that they are waiting on some funding confirmations or something. That's how it was for UIUC for me-- unofficial confirmation came first, and then an official letter. 

On 2/17/2021 at 10:15 PM, deimy said:

seems like someone got a call from emory today! congrats to whoever you are! I guess I gotta nervously clutch my phone for another day! 

Good luck!! Yes, I did get a call of acceptance from the DGS on Wednesday night my time. 

12 hours ago, ShivD said:

Good luck!! Yes, I did get a call of acceptance from the DGS on Wednesday night my time. 

Congrats! A grad student told me the faculty are still deliberating on the waitlist. Are you/other admitted people planning on accepting?

13 hours ago, deimy said:

Congrats! A grad student told me the faculty are still deliberating on the waitlist. Are you/other admitted people planning on accepting?

I will be accepting. Not sure about others...

LOL Just got rejected from Rutgers and three more rejections to go I guess. Applying for the second time for this WGSS PhD was an obvious mistake. Ugh fuck these elitist people and universities and their money. Seriously, some of the WORST people I know get admitted to these programs and that's not ok. Oh well, my ass is leaving the country to pursue something else if I get rejected again this cycle. I'm sure someplace outside the U.S will appreciate my talents. 

that's my rant right here. 

Good luck to everyone else!

I applied to one (really new) program in social practice/transformational change.  Enjoying waiting in out with other feminist/gender/decolonial/critical race types ❤️

2 hours ago, Btab92 said:

Hello everyone!

Has anyone heard anything from Arizona State yet? I know we were waiting for that mid-February mark, but I still haven't heard anything back yet. I check the portal way too many times a day at this point HA. Glad that I found this thread and best of luck to everyone!

Nothing here, but it has to be this week, right? I mean Monday is March soooo. Best of luck to you!

7 minutes ago, Undeuxtrois said:

I think it's 4! LOL ?

Also, did you get both emails at the same time? The waitlist email and the invite to the open house? 

lmao damn you’re right !  my POI said they admitted 4 of the 10 interviewees, so there’s no way all of us are even in the top half of the waitlist. weird of them to outright lie like that. 

i still haven’t gotten the open house info but i know i was supposed to bc the chair asked me if i could make it on that day — i haven’t heard back from her but i’m gonna follow up tomorrow. 

9 minutes ago, maury said:

lmao damn you’re right !  my POI said they admitted 4 of the 10 interviewees, so there’s no way all of us are even in the top half of the waitlist. weird of them to outright lie like that. 

i still haven’t gotten the open house info but i know i was supposed to bc the chair asked me if i could make it on that day — i haven’t heard back from her but i’m gonna follow up tomorrow. 

Wait, they've admitted 4 people?! I thought they'd just told 4 people about being on top of the waitlist....omg, this is even more disheartening I think. Someone I was talking to mentioned that perhaps they have separate lists for sub-disciplines and different applicants are at the top of each waitlist. Right now, I'm choosing to believe this because it gives me more hope lol

I don't see anything on my ASU portal but it's also showing that I have two outstanding items somehow? my GREs (which afaik they weren't requiring this cycle) and a transcript that they had me send them via an email. Think I should email someone to ask? I know my application absolutely got submitted, and also they contacted me back in December to specifically request one of my transcripts, so I'm confused. 

Edited by relantern

18 minutes ago, relantern said:

I don't see anything on my ASU portal but it's also showing that I have two outstanding items somehow? my GREs (which afaik they weren't requiring this cycle) and a transcript that they had me send them via an email. Think I should email someone to ask? I know my application absolutely got submitted, and also they contacted me back in December to specifically request one of my transcripts, so I'm confused. 

There's nothing in my portal yet either, but I would definitely email/call about the GRE and transcripts if I was you.