2021 Results

29 minutes ago, undergoat88 said:

You are a brave soul. 

Also can't decide if I hate the calling thing?? like just email me so I don't have another medium to freak out about every time I get a notification/call???

Imagine finding out by tweet, insta DM, or someone turning up on your door! ???

4 hours ago, burnt_toast said:

Just received an acceptance to Georgetown's GHD program (personal email from a faculty member). They said official notifications will go out next week.  

Hey, congrats! I also got into the program. Did you get any aid? I got a tiny scholarship, so I'm kinda bummed about that (but not surprised, as it's merit-based). Need to really weigh my options (once they come in, I've only been accepted to one other program so far). 

8 minutes ago, dumplingg said:

Hey, congrats! I also got into the program. Did you get any aid? I got a tiny scholarship, so I'm kinda bummed about that (but not surprised, as it's merit-based). Need to really weigh my options (once they come in, I've only been accepted to one other program so far). 

That's awesome, congrats to you too! I got ~40% scholarship. Seems generous but D.C is hella expensive! Have you thought about negotiating for more? I'm still waiting to hear back from the other three programs I applied to before I make any moves. 

1 minute ago, burnt_toast said:

That's awesome, congrats to you too! I got ~40% scholarship. Seems generous but D.C is hella expensive! Have you thought about negotiating for more? I'm still waiting to hear back from the other three programs I applied to before I make any moves. 

It's so expensive, hahaha. 40% is great! I got 12.5%, but my GPA wasn't the best so I'm not surprised. I'm definitely going to try negotiating, but I'm waiting to hear back from other programs and how much aid I'll (hopefully) get from them. I think you're supposed to leverage your other offers. Apparently all of the aid at Georgetown is merit-based, also, so when negotiating you should focus on that. 

4 minutes ago, dumplingg said:

It's so expensive, hahaha. 40% is great! I got 12.5%, but my GPA wasn't the best so I'm not surprised. I'm definitely going to try negotiating, but I'm waiting to hear back from other programs and how much aid I'll (hopefully) get from them. I think you're supposed to leverage your other offers. Apparently all of the aid at Georgetown is merit-based, also, so when negotiating you should focus on that. 

Ah ok, this is good call -- I didn't realize G'town was all merit-based. Best of luck with the other programs, hope we all find out soon! 

Hello everyone! I am conducting a research study for my doctoral program on adult military dependents (current or previous) and would love for any dependents in here to take part! It’s a short survey and the information is anonymous. If interested check the information below. You may use the QR code or the link: https://novapsy.sjc1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ebqrexcmXldiyoJ

qr code.jpg

3 minutes ago, burnt_toast said:

Ah ok, this is good call -- I didn't realize G'town was all merit-based. Best of luck with the other programs, hope we all find out soon! 

I don't think people realize how for school its caliber and history, Georgetown is a endowment poor school by comparison to its peers. This has to do with legacy issues with how they entered the endowment game late because aversion towards financial risk.

That is why Georgetown usually has a higher bar to get scholarship for compared to richer Universities. 

On 2/25/2021 at 3:40 AM, Kole_Kolt said:

I received one of these as well from a GWU prof. What's the etiquette for responding? Are we being introduced to the professor as a way to start working with them or is it just a courtesy thing?

The email was nice but it just had a generalized, "you and I have similar research interests, great to see new generations looking into these topics," and that's it. 

On 2/25/2021 at 9:52 AM, goodvibesonly said:

me too!!! i got an acceptance letter from the professor from the program!

I also received an acceptance mail from a professor yesterday. Prof was asking about my future research interest. Not sure what to reply. 

22 minutes ago, EscapingBrexit said:

On the menu today then... Maybe some Georgetown news? And maybe more CPL/Fellowship type news from Harvard?

I think next week will be more exciting.

My SAIS application was cleared out when I logged in Wednesday, so I was thinking that meant an announcement was imminent, but nothing yet. I think next week at this point. 

6 minutes ago, academiaenthusiast said:

Just got into Elliott School of International Affairs. No word on aid though. Did anyone receive a scholarship letter with their acceptance?

Same here. No word on funding yet — Unless the absence of it being mentioned in the acceptance letter means I didn't get it. 

10 minutes ago, undergoat88 said:

I envy you all hearing back from GW Elliot! I applied to GW's MPP in Trachtenberg so I have yet to hear :(

Different program/school under GW, so don't fret. For instance, I haven't heard back from GT's SFS, but I know other GT programs have sent acceptances out already.