UMSI Masters Information Fall 2021

nero15

On 4/29/2021 at 8:44 PM, dewdew said:

Got my acceptance from UMSI yesterday. But I've decided to attend another school that's more affordable and better organized.

Hey Congratulations on the offer. What course did you apply to at UMICH and what other schools did you get admit from?

FINALLY got my acceptance today! Do any of you know where to accept an offer, as I can’t seem to find where to respond in Wolverine Access lolll

Or perhaps it takes a few days for my status to be updated into the system?

3 minutes ago, Blue Hour said:

FINALLY got my acceptance today! Do any of you know where to accept an offer, as I can’t seem to find where to respond in Wolverine Access lolll

Or perhaps it takes a few days for my status to be updated into the system?

Congrats! The acceptance letter says it can take 2-3 business days for the portal to update in Wolverine. I received mine as well today but I have already accepted admission to Simmons with funding so that’s where I’ll be headed in the fall! 

34 minutes ago, NonePizza said:

Congrats! The acceptance letter says it can take 2-3 business days for the portal to update in Wolverine. I received mine as well today but I have already accepted admission to Simmons with funding so that’s where I’ll be headed in the fall! 

Thanks for replying! Guess I’ll have to wait another 2-3 days then.

Congrats on your acceptance to Simmons too!!!!!

On 5/1/2021 at 9:23 PM, 17currak said:

Does anyone know if there's any kind of groupchat/facebook page for admitted students?

I haven't seen anything, but I'd be interested if anyone else has. I received my acceptance a couple weeks ago. 

@Kellysususu I was wondering the same thing. Really tired and pissed off at this point of waiting without any conclusive communication.
According to a post here, they sent out some acceptance last week on Friday, hopefully they'd do the same this week (Fingers Crossed)

On 5/1/2021 at 3:10 AM, Har5hraj said:

Hey Congratulations on the offer. What course did you apply to at UMICH and what other schools did you get admit from?

Applied for Data Science track at UMich.

Got acceptance from UMich and University of Texas at Austin (only applied to 3 programs). Decided to go with UT Austin because of the overall cost and location.

When do the credentials for the Wolverine portals get sent and do we need it to know the response to the application? It appears I was never sent these credentials and I wonder, am I the only one with this problem? :(

2 hours ago, Julie222 said:

When do the credentials for the Wolverine portals get sent and do we need it to know the response to the application? It appears I was never sent these credentials and I wonder, am I the only one with this problem? :(

Same here, but I guess they will post the results soon.

2 hours ago, Julie222 said:

They come with your acceptance letter.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone that accepted heard anything from the school? It’s been crickets. No emails, no mail… I feel like I should be doing something to prepare for the move. I don’t even know what day we register. I’m assuming that’s during orientation? Are there dates yet? I need to let my job know. I was accepted last year and deferred due to Covid. Is there a group set up anywhere? Thanks! 

3 hours ago, Horizon20 said:

Has anyone that accepted heard anything from the school? It’s been crickets. No emails, no mail… I feel like I should be doing something to prepare for the move. I don’t even know what day we register. I’m assuming that’s during orientation? Are there dates yet? I need to let my job know. I was accepted last year and deferred due to Covid. Is there a group set up anywhere? Thanks! 

Orientation is 8/23-8/27.

6 hours ago, Horizon20 said:

Thanks. Is it virtual or in person? 

I think that’s still to be decided. It is required that we “be present during the full week of orientation” though.

*Edit: They sent a new email just now regarding next steps. Check your mailbox!

Edited by Blue Hour

1 hour ago, Blue Hour said:

I think that’s still to be decided. It is required that we “be present during the full week of orientation” though.

*Edit: They sent a new email just now regarding next steps. Check your mailbox!

Wait - this wasn't mentioned anywhere that I saw. Did it say anything about if we are unavailable? I may not even be in the country at that point...

13 hours ago, pengu82 said:

Wait - this wasn't mentioned anywhere that I saw. Did it say anything about if we are unavailable? I may not even be in the country at that point...

It didn’t say anything about if you’re unavailable during the orientation. I suppose you could wait for the email that should be coming these few days to set us up for Canvas, or maybe just email the school to ask.

19 hours ago, Bargain Bin Historian said:

I missed my email from UMSI somehow, so after waiting more than I should have (partly my fault), I have been accepted. Has anyone heard about funding yet? Are there any groups of accepted folks w a group me or something?

All funding has been given out for the most part. If you weren't accepted in the first or second wave, the likelihood of being awarded a scholarship is extremely low at this point.