UMSI Masters Information Fall 2021

nero15

2 minutes ago, UMwolverine said:

Congrats!!! May I ask when you got your completion date? Also, is there any mention about scholarship in the letter?

My completion date was January 19th. The acceptance letter did not mention any information in regards to financial aid. If I understand correctly, Umich sends this info out in the weeks after admission.

Just now, nero15 said:

My completion date was January 19th. The acceptance letter did not mention any information in regards to financial aid. If I understand correctly, Umich sends this info out in the weeks after admission.

Thanks for your quick response! Like the previous years, did your completion date disappear for a while? Cauz one thing that I have noticed in the previous years was that they all had some issue with their completion date disappearing right before they received their decision.

4 minutes ago, UMwolverine said:

Thanks for your quick response! Like the previous years, did your completion date disappear for a while? Cauz one thing that I have noticed in the previous years was that they all had some issue with their completion date disappearing right before they received their decision.

No problem! And I did not notice this behavior.

6 hours ago, nero15 said:

No problem! And I did not notice this behavior.

Hi. Congratulations and mind if I ask what your application complete date currently looks like now (gone? changed to the acceptance date? or the same?)? 

Judging from the past years there’ll be more admissions coming, but I’m not sure whether they are still reviewing applications, or that they’ve finished reviewing and have already sent out all the main decisions. The later admissions seen in the past years may have been turned from waitlisted into admitted. I’ve kinda lost hope now......

Edited by Blue Hour

11 hours ago, Blue Hour said:

Hi. Congratulations and mind if I ask what your application complete date currently looks like now (gone? changed to the acceptance date? or the same?)? 

Judging from the past years there’ll be more admissions coming, but I’m not sure whether they are still reviewing applications, or that they’ve finished reviewing and have already sent out all the main decisions. The later admissions seen in the past years may have been turned from waitlisted into admitted. I’ve kinda lost hope now......

Hi, thanks!

My complete date remains the same. The only thing that has changed in the portal is a link for me to view my decision letter. 

From looking at prior posts (from previous years) I don't think admission decisions are done yet: don't lose hope! 

Also admitted 3/18/21. If anyone knows about any Facebook, Slack, or other online communities I can join to connect with the Fall 2021 cohort or current students/alumni, please hm

Hello all! Got accepted on Thursday and am super excited! Does anyone have any idea when funding information will be released? I got an email on Friday morning asking for some additional aid-related paperwork so I'm hoping that's a good sign? I won't be able to attend without funding and would like to hear sooner rather than later, since April 15th is coming up quickly.

24 minutes ago, WhattoDoo said:

Did anyone get a rejection letter? I haven't heard anything yet and seems like some people already got their acceptance letters. Should i just assume that I got rejected T_T 

I wouldn't assume that yet. What I've seen from past years is that there are a couple waves of acceptances that go out in the last week of March/first week of April. I'm in the same boat though. Just trying to hold out hope things align with last year. 

Does anybody know when they will release the next wave of decisions? ?It’s killing me for waiting cause I have other programs accepted and have to make my decision in April. I heard that in past years some people submitted applications in January but got no decisions until June...

Edited by Arra

3 minutes ago, Arra said:

Does anybody know when they will release the next wave of decisions? ?It’s killing me for waiting cause I have other programs accepted and have to make my decision on April. I heard that in past years some people submitted applications on January but got no decisions until June...

Its super weird this year. Last year the first wave including releasing dates : 3.23, 3.24, 4.2. So far, we have only 4 people admitted on grad cafe on 3.18, which is last Thursday. Something is definitely going wrong if we do not hear anything by this Friday. Either they do not have enough manpower to formulate concrete decisions, or they simply do not need admit many students this year because a lot of people had last year gapped. The releasing time span on 3.18 is from 4:30 PM to 5:30 PM.  Its kinda ridiculous that the first wave only lasts for over an hour on a single Thursday. Lets wait until this Friday.

23 minutes ago, Tiger76 said:

Its super weird this year. Last year the first wave including releasing dates : 3.23, 3.24, 4.2. So far, we have only 4 people admitted on grad cafe on 3.18, which is last Thursday. Something is definitely going wrong if we do not hear anything by this Friday. Either they do not have enough manpower to formulate concrete decisions, or they simply do not need admit many students this year because a lot of people had last year gapped. The releasing time span on 3.18 is from 4:30 PM to 5:30 PM.  Its kinda ridiculous that the first wave only lasts for over an hour on a single Thursday. Lets wait until this Friday.

Hope we can receive the acceptance letter this week.

14 minutes ago, pengu82 said:

Anyone know if it's acceptable to ask them when admissions come out, and if so who to contact? I received an offer from another university, but I need to accept by April 15.

I guess you can email umsi.admissions@umich.edu

But I sent them an email last Saturday and got no reply, maybe they are just too busy ?

1 hour ago, pengu82 said:

Anyone know if it's acceptable to ask them when admissions come out, and if so who to contact? I received an offer from another university, but I need to accept by April 15.

I guess this is a strategy that they adopt to protect the yield rate (the percentage of accepted students who enroll). some Ph.D. program at UNC use the same strategy to send offers near April 15th. 

This is what I have received today:

Thanks for checking in about the status of your application. We understand that applicants can be anxious to hear news about their admissions status as it is often a catalyst to further planning which is often time-sensitive.

Due to the volume of applications and our team working fully remote this year we anticipate a small delay in decisions. As a reminder, our holistic review process entails a two reviewer system and consideration for scholarship. All applications are reviewed before decisions are made. We are hard at work processing and reviewing all applications and anticipate decisions being reached in late March or early April.

We hope this information was helpful. Feel free to monitor your application portal for updates.

48 minutes ago, UMwolverine said:

Thanks for checking in about the status of your application. We understand that applicants can be anxious to hear news about their admissions status as it is often a catalyst to further planning which is often time-sensitive.

Due to the volume of applications and our team working fully remote this year we anticipate a small delay in decisions. As a reminder, our holistic review process entails a two reviewer system and consideration for scholarship. All applications are reviewed before decisions are made. We are hard at work processing and reviewing all applications and anticipate decisions being reached in late March or early April.

We hope this information was helpful. Feel free to monitor your application portal for updates.

I just received exactly the same email.

Edited by Arra

That's weird - I didn't get this. Think it's a problem?

1 hour ago, UMwolverine said:

4 minutes ago, pengu82 said:

I just think it's odd that some people would get that email and some wouldn't!

They emailed admissions asking when decisions would come out. I wouldn't expect to get that email if you didn't email admissions asking a similar question. 

10 minutes ago, Tiger76 said:

This made my day. LOL

I don't really understand what's so funny? I emailed the university asking about admissions timelines as well, so why would it be weird that I'm concerned that I didn't get a similar response?

5 minutes ago, pengu82 said:

I don't really understand what's so funny? I emailed the university asking about admissions timelines as well, so why would it be weird that I'm concerned that I didn't get a similar response?

I wouldn't read too much into it. They've stated they're busy and, depending on when you emailed, it could have gotten lost in the shuffle of all the other people emailing the same question.