UMSI Masters Information Fall 2021

nero15

Hey guys!

Wanted to get a conversation going about Fall 2021 admissions into UMSI masters program.

I applied before the January 15th deadline, anyone know how long it takes for admission decisions? Also, does anyone have an idea on the acceptance rate of UMSI Masters in Information?

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve completed mine on Jan and got my completion email on Jan 12th. As I have also seen the previous gradcafe conversations about the umsi, I’m thinking either tmrw or next Friday will be the time for the first round results. Yet, due to COVID, I’m not 100% sure if we’ll even get it by then. Which program have you guys applied to?

On 3/4/2021 at 8:09 AM, UMwolverine said:

I’ve completed mine on Jan and got my completion email on Jan 12th. As I have also seen the previous gradcafe conversations about the umsi, I’m thinking either tmrw or next Friday will be the time for the first round results. Yet, due to COVID, I’m not 100% sure if we’ll even get it by then. Which program have you guys applied to?

I highly doubt that results will be released today. The earliest results have been released historically is mid march. In a year like this, I think that results will be released during the latter half of march.

Just now, jk95 said:

I highly doubt that results will be released today. The earliest results have been released historically is mid march. In a year like this, I think that results will be released during the latter half of march.

That totally makes sense, though I would want to believe its today lol. Yet, what I have seen through the cafe is that, most of the first accepted applicants had their result in the beginning week of March, although due to COVID things might be a lot different.

10 hours ago, jk95 said:

I see results came out as early as of March 2nd just a couple years back. It seems like the PHD results were released quite early this year, so I’m hoping the decisions for masters will come out soon too.

Edited by Blue Hour

31 minutes ago, Blue Hour said:

I see results came out as early as of March 2nd just a couple years back. It seems like the PHD results were released quite early this year, so I’m hoping the decisions for masters will come out soon too.

That was several years ago and application submissions have definitely gone up this cycle.

On 3/7/2021 at 8:56 AM, UMwolverine said:

Wait, how do you know the application submission has gone up this year? Was it written somewhere?

It hasn't been published as fact anywhere.... but applications across many institutions have gone up significantly.

Im so glad to find this forum today! 

I guess the results will come out next week since they released the first round on March 23th last year because of Covid-19. This year is similar. 

While we are waiting, would y'all mind share your undergraduate background and your intended field of study?

On 3/15/2021 at 10:26 PM, ish235 said:

Hi Guys, still waiting on my decision too. I applied on Jan 15th. Sent them an email asking when I should be hearing back, lets see what they say.

I was debating about whether to send them an email cuz the wait is KILLING me...... thanks for doing this and hope we hear from them soon lol

This is what I received about 2 weeks ago when I asked about when will we start hearing decision:

Thank you for your email. We will release decisions as soon as they are available. You can check your application status on your student application portal, and a notification email will be sent to you when a decision is made available. We thank you and appreciate your patience as you await an admission decision.

They did not mention any specific dates and it kinda feels like this was an automatic response. I really want to know when it will be as well.... 

I am so glad to have found this! 

What is the student portal exactly? I have been checking the application portal regularly but it does not seem to have any section reserved for the results.

1 hour ago, mooshy said:

I am so glad to have found this! 

What is the student portal exactly? I have been checking the application portal regularly but it does not seem to have any section reserved for the results.

This year is similar to the last year in terms of Covid. I guess the results will come out next week since they released the first round on March 23th last year. Releasing dates in the years before last year is not that relevant.

9 hours ago, Tiger76 said:

This year is similar to the last year in terms of Covid. I guess the results will come out next week since they released the first round on March 23th last year. Releasing dates in the years before last year is not that relevant.

Yeah sure. What I meant was where they post the results. But I guess they'll send a notification via mail. But a date helps! 

On 2/10/2021 at 4:34 PM, nero15 said:

Hey guys!

Wanted to get a conversation going about Fall 2021 admissions into UMSI masters program.

I applied before the January 15th deadline, anyone know how long it takes for admission decisions? Also, does anyone have an idea on the acceptance rate of UMSI Masters in Information?

They just start sending offers today! Three offers are on grad cafe now.