UMSI Masters Information Fall 2021

nero15

46 minutes ago, NonePizza said:

I decided this afternoon that I was done agonizing about this and I decided to accept an offer from another program. I wish those of you who are waiting on a decision the very best. What a stressful couple months it's been! 

At this point in time, I feel like this course of action makes the most sense.

If you haven't  heard back from a school yet, you've either been waitlisted or rejected. Even if you get off of a waitlist (which is even less likely in the middle of a recession), the likelihood of being provided substantial funding at the Master's level will be really low.

In the case that you've been accepted to a program and heard nothing about scholarships yet, you probably have not been prioritized for funding  and should just move forward with accepting an offer at the most affordable institution.

Hi everyone.

An international applicant here for the HCI course. Today is 15th and not sure how I should feel about this, as I haven't received any information yet. Checked my application and the "application date" is blank lol.

Did anyone here receive a decision?

Edited by Har5hraj

1 hour ago, Har5hraj said:

Hi everyone.

An international applicant here for the HCI course. Today is 15th and not sure how I should feel about this, as I haven't received any information yet. Checked my application and the "application date" is blank lol.

Did anyone here receive a decision?

What was your application complete date before it turned blank? Or is it just blank all the time?

Edited by Arra

10 minutes ago, bill641 said:

Has anyone received the email saying that their review process "will need to continue over the coming weeks"?

Yep I did. I sent two emails inquiring about my application status before tho, so I’m not sure whether that’s their reply to me or just a generic announcement to everyone.

42 minutes ago, Blue Hour said:

Yep I did. I sent two emails inquiring about my application status before tho, so I’m not sure whether that’s their reply to me or just a generic announcement to everyone.

I guess it's sent to everyone then.

20 minutes ago, 17currak said:

I could be wrong but I wonder if they’re waiting to see who commits from the previous rounds of decisions before extending more offers

Could be part of the reason. But I guess it’s also true that the pandemic is slowing down their review process this year, seeing that they didn’t say so last year. 

They sent out decisions every fortnight till June last year tho (and they’ve been sending out decisions till June for several years now), wonder if it’ll be the same this year...... I seriously can’t imagine the amount of suffering if we’ll have to wait till June.

I asked another school to extend my decision deadline till the end of April...... hope I’ll be able to hear from UM before that.

Edited by Blue Hour

9 hours ago, Blue Hour said:

Could be part of the reason. But I guess it’s also true that the pandemic is slowing down their review process this year, seeing that they didn’t say so last year. 

They sent out decisions every fortnight till June last year tho (and they’ve been sending out decisions till June for several years now), wonder if it’ll be the same this year...... I seriously can’t imagine the amount of suffering if we’ll have to wait till June.

I asked another school to extend my decision deadline till the end of April...... hope I’ll be able to hear from UM before that.

How do you know that they send out decisions every fortnight. There was not any decision last Friday and I assume there won't be any decision today because of the email yesterday. LOL

28 minutes ago, Tiger76 said:

How do you know that they send out decisions every fortnight. There was not any decision last Friday and I assume there won't be any decision today because of the email yesterday. LOL

The first two waves this year were 3/18 and 4/2 and that’s about two weeks apart. Last week was one week apart from 4/2 so yeah nothing (other than scholarship info). I’m not saying that they’re definitely sending decisions out every two weeks, it’s just an assumption based on last year’s trend (which I saw from the records of another application-related forum, not GradCafe) (strictly speaking they didn’t exactly send decisions out every two weeks but there was a general trend, like 4/14, 4/30, 5/14 etc).

I know nothing tho. This is just me wishfully thinking that they’ll send something today (sigh).

Edited by Blue Hour

I wish they would at least send the absolute rejections if they haven't. Personally I have schools that say that they can extend their deadline, but I will lose all funding if I don't commit by April 15 or April 30 and I imagine that others are in similar positions. I totally understand that they are backed up with applications, I suppose it's just a mess all around this year, haha.

14 hours ago, pengu82 said:

I wish they would at least send the absolute rejections if they haven't. Personally I have schools that say that they can extend their deadline, but I will lose all funding if I don't commit by April 15 or April 30 and I imagine that others are in similar positions. I totally understand that they are backed up with applications, I suppose it's just a mess all around this year, haha.

Yeah, imaging waiting for this long and ending up with a rejection, that could not be more awful.

17 hours ago, pengu82 said:

How much funding is that?

9 hours ago, UIUXStudent said:

For those who’ve been accepted, did you guys get any emails to your umich Gmail account? 

I haven't received any emails from UMSI to my UMich Gmail account. Haven't heard anything about orientation, registering for classes, etc.

Edited by brindleg

On 4/15/2021 at 3:01 AM, Arra said:

What was your application complete date before it turned blank? Or is it just blank all the time?

I remember it to be blank for a long time.

On 4/21/2021 at 10:49 AM, Kellysususu said:

Does anyone have any information related to decision date? I am suffering from waiting for the decision...

Received a response to my email asking for a status on application.

"We expect admissions decisions to be released in the next 10-14 business days"

Edited by Har5hraj

12 minutes ago, Har5hraj said:

Received a response to my email asking for a status on application.

"We expect admissions decisions to be released in the next 10-14 business days"

Did you receive the email today? I think they posted offers about every two weeks