UMSI Masters Information Fall 2021

nero15

38 minutes ago, pengu82 said:

I don't really understand what's so funny? I emailed the university asking about admissions timelines as well, so why would it be weird that I'm concerned that I didn't get a similar response?

I emailed to them early last week, so you might get similar response back in soon. I totally understand how you are feeling right now, since I would have felt the same if I didn’t get the respond while couple of others received a response. That’s why I also wanted to share for those who haven’t got the response back. We’re all in the same boat. Let’s not lose hope and wait.

Edited by UMwolverine

1 hour ago, UMwolverine said:

I emailed to them early last week, so you might get similar response back in soon. I totally understand how you are feeling right now, since I would have felt the same if I didn’t get the respond while couple of others received a response. That’s why I also wanted to share for those who haven’t got the response back. We’re all in the same boat. Let’s not lose hope and wait.

Thank you and everyone else! Crossing my fingers that it's just a fluke haha. Best of luck to all of you!

Has anyone gotten word on funding yet? I'm ready to commit to another program (UCLA), but I'm waiting to see if Michigan will fund me enough to bring down my costs. Would love to pass over my acceptance to anyone waitlisted sooner rather than later, but I've been waiting 2 weeks now with not a single word from Michigan. 

1 hour ago, 17currak said:

I saw there was a whole bunch of new acceptances on the results page today. If I still haven't heard anything do we think that means rejection?

I didn’t receive any decision letter as well...kind of losing hope ?My dad said I am just not good enough

8 hours ago, 17currak said:

I saw there was a whole bunch of new acceptances on the results page today. If I still haven't heard anything do we think that means rejection?

same here. why can't they just send us the rejection letter so that I can move on ugh  ?

8 hours ago, 17currak said:

I’m pretty sure there are still vacancies (some of those accepted won’t be going anyways), but it’s really torturing to have to just wait without knowing much about the situation...... Wish they gave us a clearer timeline.

I’ve noticed most accepted applicants are Americans or those who did their undergrad in the US tho (judging from reports on Gradcafe and other non-English websites). Did any international applicant (without a US citizenship and studied outside of the US) get accepted? Or are they accepting fewer international students this year?

Edited by Blue Hour

Got this from the admissions team couple of days back:

Thanks for checking in about the status of your application. We understand that applicants can be anxious to hear news about their admissions status as it is often a catalyst to further planning which is often time-sensitive.

We have sent out our first wave of decisions but, due to the volume of applications and our team working fully remote this year, we anticipate a small delay in getting out all decisions. As a reminder, our holistic review process entails a two reviewer system and consideration for scholarship. All applications are reviewed before decisions are made. We are hard at work processing and reviewing all applications and anticipate decisions being reached within the next 14 business days.

Edited by agar9

On 3/19/2021 at 2:52 AM, nero15 said:

My completion date was January 19th. The acceptance letter did not mention any information in regards to financial aid. If I understand correctly, Umich sends this info out in the weeks after admission.

Hi, was wondering if your application status changed to "ready for review" or "in review" before receiving the decision? Or are we just looking at the completion date based on the email they sent us?

It’s been 11 weeks since 1/15 and we are heading to week 12 of waiting a result that does not even guarantee when exactly the result will be coming out... Why on earth did they even call this as a “Priority application deadline” if this is going to take this long. Them just telling it’s all due to COVID-19 and working remotely is the reason why it’s taking this long is so unprofessional. The world is still running fine regardless of COVID. This just frustrates me so bad. Things shouldn’t be like this at a top tier university. Seriously disappointed about the reviewing process.

4 hours ago, met221 said:

Just declined my acceptance here (partially because of how disorganized everything is, and that makes me nervous for the actual program). Hopefully one of you still waiting on a decision can snag my spot, best of luck to you all!

This is interesting. I perceive UM to be extremely organized. However, the program is expensive and little regarding funding has been sent out.

1 hour ago, WhattoDoo said:

Did anyone receive a rejection letter? 

Nope. Still haven't heard anything yet regarding admission. I have acceptances from two other programs but I want to make sure I weigh all my options and have as much information as possible before committing to a program. 

I applied so early when the admissions just opened, and have received response from all other schools but UMSI. What's more, they said they have already sent out first 2 waves of admissions (I'm sure the priority deadline is a joke) and use the 'covid-19 setback' email to cover up their incompetency. Disappointed to see such a great school with so low transparency.

Edited by Evocativ

On 3/31/2021 at 9:51 PM, met221 said:

Has anyone gotten word on funding yet? I'm ready to commit to another program (UCLA), but I'm waiting to see if Michigan will fund me enough to bring down my costs. Would love to pass over my acceptance to anyone waitlisted sooner rather than later, but I've been waiting 2 weeks now with not a single word from Michigan. 

I received an email today around 6pm EST that a scholarship decision was posted. 

15 hours ago, brindleg said:

I received an email today around 6pm EST that a scholarship decision was posted. 

yes, I was offered 50% funding. have since turned down that offer at Michigan for UCLA

11 minutes ago, Kellysususu said:

I thought they would post admissions on Fridays, but I did not receive any email or updates from them. Maybe we have to wait till next week..

Not even surprised at this point. In the email they sent me couple weeks ago, they stated: “We are hard at work processing and reviewing all applications and anticipate decisions being reached in late March or early April.” 
According to this, we should get the result by no later than tomorrow, if they know what “early April” means.

I recall someone receiving a reply from them at the beginning of April saying that they may need another 14 business days to process the applications. So maybe anytime from now to the third week of April if they do stick to the timeline they provide (I won’t have my hopes up judging from past years’ experiences).

They could at least reply to the email I sent last Saturday. (sigh)

Edited by Blue Hour

I inquired about my application status on Monday and they responded that they would have all decisions out in the next 10-14 business days ?

So I wonder if that means that they might not have the rest of the decisions out until on or after the April 15th deadline that a lot of other universities have

I decided this afternoon that I was done agonizing about this and I decided to accept an offer from another program. I wish those of you who are waiting on a decision the very best. What a stressful couple months it's been!