PhD / DrPh Fall 2022

2 hours ago, publichealthPhD said:

Congratulations! Did you have it listed in your CV already as submitted or in press? If you get contacted for an interview, you can always mention it. It should also eventually pop up on your pubmed / google scholar profile!

Thanks! I didnt. It was an editorial that sort of came up after the deadline. I sent an email to the program admin. No harm will likely get the response below.

2 hours ago, Ehphd said:

I asked Harvard about a similar question, adding a noteworthy result that came in after the deadline into my application. And this was their response, "We do not allow additions or edits to submitted applications. Applicants are advised to be sure to review the entire application to ensure it is complete and final, ..."

Buuuuut, I still think there is no harm in notifying them! Especially for ourselves- knowing that we tried our best! 

Thanks so much for the intel! I sent the program admin an email. I imagine I will get the same response. Did you apply for Health Policy? I havn't heard anything yet and starting to make me sad.... (oh well, such is life!)

On 1/22/2022 at 9:33 AM, decolonizehealth said:

Has anyone heard from Drexel? (I applied for the PhD in Community Health and Prevention). From previous years it seems like interviews went out around now… 

In case this is useful to anyone in the future: Drexel's Community Health and Prevention department apparently just convened this week and hasn't sent out PhD interview invites yet (seems that will happen sometime in the next 1-2 weeks). 

1 hour ago, vancouverrunner said:

Thanks! I didnt. It was an editorial that sort of came up after the deadline. I sent an email to the program admin. No harm will likely get the response below.

Thanks so much for the intel! I sent the program admin an email. I imagine I will get the same response. Did you apply for Health Policy? I havn't heard anything yet and starting to make me sad.... (oh well, such is life!)

I applied to Environmental Health..! I also haven't heard anything from my applications but I hope we hear some good news soon :D

On 1/27/2022 at 2:30 PM, Photo Light said:

Anyone know if Columbia epi PhD sends out interviews all on the same day? I saw that some people posted about interviews yesterday 

OK — apparently they don’t send them all on the same day because I just got the invite this afternoon. For everyone else waiting, don’t lose hope!

19 hours ago, EPI-PhD said:

Thank you! Do you know if they out invitations all at once or a few at a time? Trying to deicide if I should hold onto hope :(

I'm sorry I have no idea how there admission process goes. But they told me that their epi program would be in a rapid development in the following years (e.g., a center called PETS and also the Master's degree). They have also recruited professor working on cancer epidemiology recently. In addition, they would accept more full time Ph.D. students than before (they mostly accepted part-time Ph.D. students in the past few years).

On 1/24/2022 at 2:57 PM, medception said:

Update - received interview day agenda from Brown HSR for Friday, 01/28/2022. And second interview with BU HSR is 02/11/2022. 

Expecting rejections from JHU HSR, Yale HSR, Harvard Health Policy, and UMN HSR.

JHU Health Econ (and my alma mater) is my top choice. Expecting a decision sometime next week.

Update: Received notification of recommendation for acceptance to GWU Health Economics and Policy PhD this morning.

Another week begins!! Still rooting for everybody here!!

Sorry for being so annoying - but has anyone had any idea of when Harvard PHS releases results? I think this year they release results later than the past trends. It looks like no one has heard from them either officially or unofficially. 

On 1/27/2022 at 3:23 PM, BossMomDrPH said:

Nice to see others who applied to Rutgers DrPH.  Where did you hear that they may be sending out results within this timeline? (From the department or admissions?) I also mainly applied to mainly online DrPH programs but hoping for Rutgers, as I drive past it to and from work, when we aren't virtual. 

Best of luck to you! (Also, I have no idea how to use this platform, forgive me if I did it incorrectly).

I initially heard the DrPH admissions decisions timeline a few months ago during a virtual admissions info event. Then a few weeks ago I attended a virtual public health program info event where we could speak directly with admissions staff and that's when I asked if we were still on the same timeline as initially announced, and I was told it was looking like the first week of Feb and that we can reach out and as if we haven't heard by the end of the week. 

I emailed UNC for DrPH decisions details last week (I'm getting so antsy!). I was told they review apps in January, conduct interviews for selected students in Feb, then they try to have decisions made by end of March or early April.

Any other UNC DrPH candidates in here? That program and JHU are the ones that interest me the most, I think. Although Rutgers is intriguing for sure. 

Just now, DrPHPlans said:

I emailed UNC for DrPH decisions details last week (I'm getting so antsy!). I was told they review apps in January, conduct interviews for selected students in Feb, then they try to have decisions made by end of March or early April.

Any other UNC DrPH candidates in here? That program and JHU are the ones that interest me the most, I think. Although Rutgers is intriguing for sure. 

I also applied to UNC and JHU. I was just about to ask anyone if they knew of UNC's timeline. Late March/April seems so late! Someone else mentioned that JHU decisions also likely won't come until end of March. I interviewed with BU and Columbia, and they said decisions should be made by end of Feb/early March. And Georgia State interviews in a couple of weeks, but I think decisions will still be made late Fed/early March as well. Hopefully all programs give the students the same deadline to accept!

Emailed BU, GWU, JHU, Harvard, & Columbia (all DrPH) about whether all interview invites already went out, whether an interview is needed for admission, and timeline for hearing back. Here are the responses thus far:

GWU - Still reviewing apps. Next steps will be given in the next few weeks.

Columbia (SMS) - No interviews are given for doctoral apps. Initial decisions mid-part of February.

Will report back when I get more responses!

2 minutes ago, DrPH Hopeful 2022 said:

I also applied to UNC and JHU. I was just about to ask anyone if they knew of UNC's timeline. Late March/April seems so late! Someone else mentioned that JHU decisions also likely won't come until end of March. I interviewed with BU and Columbia, and they said decisions should be made by end of Feb/early March. And Georgia State interviews in a couple of weeks, but I think decisions will still be made late Fed/early March as well. Hopefully all programs give the students the same deadline to accept!

I'm definitely hoping we will all have the same timelines to accept! I'm expecting Rutgers this week, have no idea about UIC, and we both know JHU and UNC are SO late. Ugh. March - April? Hopefully we'd at least hear about interviews for UNC in the next week or so, as they said they're conducted in Feb and each candidate is given a range of dates/times from which to choose. It's nice to see another UNC applicant! Best of luck to you!