Fall 2022 Religion PhD

sayf

Hey, a post of interview in the results. Princeton university religon. No ideas what subfield.

Two Emory religion interviews at the end of 2021 Dec. No ideas what subfield.

Search ‘religion.’ Not ‘religious studies.’

I guess Princeton likely has interviews in American religious history…

Edited by Gutlich

Looks like a Notre Dame interview was posted in Systematics. I'm guessing that means other departments will have interview invites out over the course of the week, if they haven't gone out already? 

@MKPolicy I'm mostly going off what I've seen looking at old results. I'm reasonably confident that if you haven't heard from ND by the end of January, they probably aren't inviting you for a visit in February. But that was the pre covid pattern noted both in the results posted here and talking to folks familiar with the program. I'm resisting the urge to reach out to anyone there at the moment. 

Edited by bigsh
Spelling

7 minutes ago, MKPolicy said:

I appreciate that insight @bigsh This whole process is tough, indeed. I suppose it is worth hanging on to some hope until the end of this month at least :)

at least till the end of the month for plenty of programs I imagine. there are probably some places that never have any results until February. Though I think if you haven't hear from a place by March, its probably off the list.

@bigshand @MKPolicy, I was in the History, not Theology, PhD program at ND (for awhile) and granted my admit season was a few years ago, but fwiw I got the interview invite on Jan 27 and was flown out Valentine's weekend. (That department at least has since switched to zoom interviews). In Theology, I don't know the timeline as well but I would imagine all subfields would hold interviews at roughly the same time (would be odd to me if they were wildly different). But who knows. 

Also, I've been talking about this with someone on here offline, but for anyone with insight or thoughts: I have a Duke ThD interview coming up and am really not feeling it. Given other PhD programs I've already gotten into this round, I feel certain I would not do the ThD if offered a place. The Duke PhD, however, is my top choice for Religion programs. Should I cancel the ThD interview? Is there any way that going through with it could help me with getting into the GPR? (I understand it's two different admission processes). Is there any reason that canceling the interview could hurt me with getting into the GPR? Doubt it has any bearing but am still conflicted. 

Edited by emeraldsapphire

@MKPolicyyeah… so tough for me at least. I have already abandoned expecting anything out of my application. Write the thesis, graduate, and go to find a job: that is my plan now…

Academic or not..ah, well, it is not up to me to care about it…

Best wishes and good luck to you all!

Edited by Gutlich

@Fiat I didn't think Yale as doing interviews either. I've applied there -- in the Ethics track -- and have heard nothing.

@theologizing77 I've not applied to PTS, so it hasn't been on my radar. Please do keep us posted!

@xypathos what a cruel trick and mindset it would have to be to mess with folks like that... most of us are anxious enough as is lol.

Hey, everyone. I am claiming both the Stanford and Yale Religious Studies interviews on the results page. I completed Stanford's at the end of December and I received an email from Yale today for an interview next week. My subfield is American Religions/ American Religious History

8 hours ago, Octavia_sbutler said:

Hey, everyone. I am claiming both the Stanford and Yale Religious Studies interviews on the results page. I completed Stanford's at the end of December and I received an email from Yale today for an interview next week. My subfield is American Religions/ American Religious History

@Octavia_sbutler Did your contact(s) at Stanford happen to mention if they were doing more interviews, or were they all conducted in December? I applied to the AR subfield as well.

Edited by Taorluath34
tag

3 hours ago, Taorluath34 said:

@Octavia_sbutler Did your contact(s) at Stanford happen to mention if they were doing more interviews, or were they all conducted in December? I applied to the AR subfield as well.

They did not mention anything to me about the interview process so I really don't know. I know a lot of schools send interview invites into February, though. Also, some students get accepted without an interview at all. 

Hi everyone, I just posted a result for Stanford Religious Studies but I did it wrong so I wanted to clarify as to not freak anyone out. I'm having some issues with my account right now (smh), so when I went to post my results, I wasn't actually logged in so I can't go back and edit. But for clarity, I received my interview notification the week of Dec 20 (not specifying for privacy). A previous commenter asked about whether or not more interviews were mentioned, to which I don't remember them discussing how many people were actually being interviewed. I'm actually not even sure of interviews are a formal component of the process, or if it's on a case by case basis.  It does seem that interviews are subfield specific and at the discretion of the field's faculty, so I don't know if it's necessary to panic if you haven't heard back. So, don't read the tea leaves too much!

Hope this was helpful ! xo   

Seems like things are starting to pick up. I saw the ND History of Christianity interview result today, which I'm just going to use to understand that not all the theology interviews have come out from ND yet. 

It's not quite a result, but I did get an invite to a digital event for (would have been at) CUA next week which looks like its for all the remaining applicants and includes time for area specific meetings. So its not not a thing.

@LTS I'm not sure. There are two invites already received on here, but no details whether they are virtual or in person. 

I applied in the Moral Theology area and have not heard a thing from them. They are my top choice if a choice is to be had :)

6 hours ago, MKPolicy said:

@LTS I'm not sure. There are two invites already received on here, but no details whether they are virtual or in person. 

I applied in the Moral Theology area and have not heard a thing from them. They are my top choice if a choice is to be had :)

Hey, the MT interview invitations went out last week. The interviews are in person and there is an interview weekend. But it could be possible you are on a waiting list. I'm not exactly sure how they manage that, but no news could still be good news. 

Edited by theofan

4 hours ago, theofan said:

Hey, the MT interview invitations went out last week. The interviews are in person and there is an interview weekend. But it could be possible you are on a waiting list. I'm not exactly sure how they manage that, but no news could still be good news. 

When is the interview weekend?