Fall 2022 Religion PhD

sayf

@theofanthank you for the insight!

I think my only hope is that I took advantage from an offer from the former administrative director to setup a visit back in December. I met with three professors and felt like the meetings went well – even received a very encouraging email from one of them in the MT area that gave me a lot of hope. At this point, I'm hanging on to the hope that since they already "interviewed" me, that they don't see reason to have to bring me back. 

Maybe that's wishful thinking. Maybe it's a shot hahaha.

I'll also second the inquiry into when that interview weekend is – do you happen to know?

In any event, I appreciate the info!

On 1/23/2022 at 10:20 PM, MKPolicy said:

@theofanthank you for the insight!

I think my only hope is that I took advantage from an offer from the former administrative director to setup a visit back in December. I met with three professors and felt like the meetings went well – even received a very encouraging email from one of them in the MT area that gave me a lot of hope. At this point, I'm hanging on to the hope that since they already "interviewed" me, that they don't see reason to have to bring me back. 

Maybe that's wishful thinking. Maybe it's a shot hahaha.

I'll also second the inquiry into when that interview weekend is – do you happen to know?

In any event, I appreciate the info!

The interview weekend is in three weeks! 

1 hour ago, bigsh said:

I'm pretty sure that if we haven't heard from ND this year, we aren't hearing from ND this year at this point.

I understand how you feel, but I would give it a few more days. Last year, I heard on Saturday, Jan 30 from ND that I was invited to interview. 

1 hour ago, LTS said:

I understand how you feel, but I would give it a few more days. Last year, I heard on Saturday, Jan 30 from ND that I was invited to interview. 

That's rough, just based on turn around and planning for a visit. But I guess we'll wait till tomorrow. I've noticed that they are certainly not uniform in getting invites out between all the disciplines. 

51 minutes ago, AlQayzar said:

Hey folks, hope everyone is managing as best they can. Re: Duke, if I haven't heard back yet I'm going to assume that it's a no-go right? 

Based on nothing other than being in the same boat (ThD application wise), I'd say that's a safe assumption. 

5 hours ago, AlQayzar said:

Hey folks, hope everyone is managing as best they can. Re: Duke, if I haven't heard back yet I'm going to assume that it's a no-go right? 

As noted above, if you applied to the GPR, all decisions were released last week - including acceptances, waitlists, and rejections. If you have not heard yet you should check your spam folder or log into to the portal to check. If no decision is there, that is an anomaly and you should contact the graduate director or your POI to see what happened. 

18 hours ago, שמע אלוהים said:

As noted above, if you applied to the GPR, all decisions were released last week - including acceptances, waitlists, and rejections. If you have not heard yet you should check your spam folder or log into to the portal to check. If no decision is there, that is an anomaly and you should contact the graduate director or your POI to see what happened. 

Went ahead an emailed the graduate coordinator who in turn sent me this response.

"You should hear something very soon, hopefully today, about this!" 

Don't know whether this is hopeful or ominous. we'll see I guess. 

On 2/3/2022 at 1:32 AM, ariajimmy said:

Anyone heard from Princeton or Stanford? Did an interview with my Princeton POI in mid-Jan but have not heard anything since then. Stanford has been silent since submission...

Haven't heard anything from either. I'm going to guess that Princeton releases decisions around the 13th or 14th. Though you might have a better idea having interviewed with them. Not sure about Stanford. Fingers crossed!

@chasingchaos Nope, haven't heard anything from Drew yet.  Weird that they would send rejections out first and not all the decisions all at once.  I'm assuming you applied to the Biblical studies track, but how about your friend who was recently rejected from there (sorry to hear about that): what track did your friend apply to?

Also, since I applied to Union Seminary as well, I haven't heard any news yet.  Though, I'll say they keep sending me emails about the timeline I should expect a decision which is either this month or early next month.  

Either way, I am expecting a lot of decisions this month based on past history of these schools giving decisions.  

@theologizing77 My friend was applying for Systematic Theology (both Drew and Union).

It seems that Union got a load of Systematic Theology applicants this year (I know of 3-5, off hand). I do know that UTS is only accepting two PhD students this year rather than their usual 4-5. Their PhD info session late last year offered no reason as to why they didn't return to their normal acceptance rate, or any indication of whether or not they will (I'm thinking there might be a funding issue there?). Re: timeline emails; yeah, same. My email said "early February" - so I'm guessing anytime now. 

Your nails bitten down to the quick yet?

@chasingchaos Yup! I am nervous, but hopeful.  For Drew I applied for the theological and philosophical studies track, and for Union I applied for the Theology and Ethics track.  I also applied to Fordham for the PhD in sys theo.  There might be a funding issue in Union.  Who knows.  I'm currently a student at Princeton Seminary, so my ultimate hope is to stay here for the PhD since the theology  faculty knows me already, but never any guarantees with these applications.  

Lol I just want these decisions to come out already.  

@theologizing77 I haven't even allowed myself to hope -- defense mechanism to blunt any crushing disappointment. ?

Yeah, I'm over at UTS and hoping to stay internal because the faculty knows me, but Drew is REAL sexy. Their classes have me salivating, and I have erotic dreams of on campus parking wherein I don't have to pay a meter every few hours or switch sides for street cleaning. ?

I wonder if the profs get a sick enjoyment out of watching PhD applicants white knuckle the first two weeks of the Spring semester each year.