MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

14 minutes ago, FingersCrossedMSW said:

I completed my application to MSWwp advanced standing at Windsor early in November, and still haven’t heard anything. Website says 4-6 weeks, but it’s been almost 12 now. Anyone else in the same situation? This wait it brutal. I applied to WLU & UW as well but at least I knew they would be a longer wait. 

Been waiting for MSWwp non-bsw since Nov 8th. I really thought today would be the day.

58 minutes ago, FingersCrossedMSW said:

I completed my application to MSWwp advanced standing at Windsor early in November, and still haven’t heard anything. Website says 4-6 weeks, but it’s been almost 12 now. Anyone else in the same situation? This wait it brutal. I applied to WLU & UW as well but at least I knew they would be a longer wait. 

Same here, I applied to Windsor's advance standing 12 weeks ago.. I'm starting to feel skeptical about the rolling admissions process

Edited by Geralt

23 hours ago, MSW-Advanced Standing said:

hi guys , do you know when will we hear back from UOFT and UBC Vancouver ??

According to previous forums, offers start to release around mid-February to March I guess. Do anyone know about Laurier? The waiting game is killing me lol.

Finger-crossed for all of us getting what we want!

5 hours ago, MSW-Advanced Standing said:

yes you are right, which uni did you apply to??

U of T, UBC, Laurier and Kings. All advanced standing.

Not having a strong GPA (83%) but back in my country the GPAs are less inflated and 85-ish% are considered top students (especially for SW major). I hope that my experiences are sufficient to offset the relatively low GPA.

On 1/26/2022 at 2:56 PM, SMSW1 said:

Received an acceptance today for university of Calgary’s 2-year clinical program!!! So shocked and excited!!!

Congratulations!! I also received my acceptance for U of C’s 2 year clinical program. Are you doing in-person or online learning? I’ll be taking the online/blended route. 

On 1/27/2022 at 9:48 PM, MSW-Advanced Standing said:

hi guys , do you know when will we hear back from UOFT and UBC Vancouver ??

March-April for UofT (was a previous applicant last year). However I got waitlisted April 6 last year, so I assume they do acceptances before. 

6 hours ago, ChipDip said:

Does anyone know when Dal or UBCO (2-year programs) send out acceptances?

UBCO is based on when you apply (people who submit their application earlier hear earlier), but from what i've seen from last year they release acceptances march 3? 

11 hours ago, CaseyMSW said:

I was declined by York's 2 years msw program 2 days ago. Btw I'm an international student. Now I'm waiting for other 7 universities' decisions. Fingers crossed.

Hey, I'm sorry!! It really sucks getting declined, and I feel you. I hope you get at least one acceptance from the other schools, and I will hold my fingers crossed for you!

As a side note, I feel like that's quite early to hear back. Does anyone know if this is normal, or is this a sign that decisions are rolling early this year? I thought we will start hearing in March.

4 minutes ago, IWantMSW said:

As a side note, I feel like that's quite early to hear back. Does anyone know if this is normal, or is this a sign that decisions are rolling early this year? I thought we will start hearing in March.

I believe they let the international students know early as they have to apply for their study permit and visa